ARCHIVED: Zefie's CM7 for the Optimus V (Current: 03012011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killer1996

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
lg optimus v proximity issue

when i installed this rom on the lg optimus v i had issues with the proximity sensor when in call the screen went off and i had to press the power button to hang up and connect the phone to the charger to get my screen back

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
civicscootin.3utilities.com
when i installed this rom on the lg optimus v i had issues with the proximity sensor when in call the screen went off and i had to press the power button to hang up and connect the phone to the charger to get my screen back

Read the past few pages here as this has been stated.
Also read the first post again with in the "Tips & Tricks" as it states how to fix this issue.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have this same issue and this "fix" did not work for me.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

Its a known bug, they are trying to figure it out.
That is the closest you get to a fix. 80% of the time it works.
The worst part is the issue is hardware related and more than likely not gonna be fixable with software.

keys2rule

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I flashed to this rom today. After a titanium restore of my apps and system data, the wallpaper reverted back to what it was before the flash, and I haven't been able to change it since. I wiped the data on a few settings via titanium backup, but that didn't help. I did a battery pull rebooted and was stuck in the cm7 boot animation. After about 10 minutes, I did another battery pull and was still stuck in the boot animation. Finally, I just did a nandroid restore to my previous rom. Any ideas on what went wrong here?

froggyman

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I was attempting to flash this in Clockwork mod recovery, but couldn't flash the first .zip file as it said something about an updater thing not being supported anymore.

anyone else with that problem?

acemc03@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I was attempting to flash this in Clockwork mod recovery, but couldn't flash the first .zip file as it said something about an updater thing not being supported anymore.

anyone else with that problem?
I wasn't able to use clockwork to flash it, had the same problem. I eventually got it to flash something using clockwork, but it hung on boot. So I flashed thunderc recovery (linked in OP as GNM Recovery), then I was able to flash Zefie's CM7 w/o problem.

acemc03@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Proximity Fix : build.prop // ro.lge.proximity.delay=25 !!

So despite having "Always use proximity" enabled in my call settings, it was still hit-n-miss on it actually working for me. Sometimes my screen would work after a call, sometimes it wouldn't.

I found this post which mentioned changing a setting in build.prop and rebooting... this seems to have fixed the issue for me. Their post mentions "mot.proximity.delay" but my phone was actually "ro.lge.proximity.delay". I also didn't bother doing the adb pull/push as described, I just used the adb shell to check the setting with grep, used sed to change it, then a reboot...

[root@ubuntu ~/droid/]: ./adb remount system
remount succeeded
[root@ubuntu ~/droid/]: ./adb shell
# cp /system/build.prop /system/build.prop.bak <-- always make a backup :)
# grep proximity.delay /system/build.prop <-- checking current proximity delay setting
ro.lge.proximity.delay=100
# sed -i 's/proximity.delay=100/proximity.delay=25/' /system/build.prop <-- changing it from 100 to 25
# grep proximity.delay /system/build.prop <-- verifying change
ro.lge.proximity.delay=25
# reboot

After phone reboots... call your voicemail, and test the setting by placing hand in front of screen, removing hand, repeat. Then go drink beer :cool:

acemc03@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, acemc03, this worked for me! Now i just need the draining batter issue.

No prob. I also found another page mention changing some other settings in build.prop, such as the wifi scan interval to possibly help with battery life... I figure it's worth a shot.

remount succeeded
# cp /system/build.prop /system/build.prop.bak2 <-- always make a backup :)
# grep wifi.supplicant_scan_interval /system/build.prop <-- checking current scan setting
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=20
# sed -i 's/wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=20/wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=60/' /system/build.prop <-- changing it from 20 to 60
# grep wifi.supplicant_scan_interval /system/build.prop <-- verifying change
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=60
# reboot

Do you know what the values are in? Milliseconds?

Yeah, the proximity.delay settings would be in milliseconds (at least that would be my guess, but I'm not able to confirm it.)

And the wifi scan_interval looks like it would be in seconds.

untalented893

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
No prob. I also found another page mention changing some other settings in build.prop, such as the wifi scan interval to possibly help with battery life... I figure it's worth a shot.

remount succeeded
# cp /system/build.prop /system/build.prop.bak2 <-- always make a backup :)
# grep wifi.supplicant_scan_interval /system/build.prop <-- checking current scan setting
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=20
# sed -i 's/wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=20/wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=60/' /system/build.prop <-- changing it from 20 to 60
# grep wifi.supplicant_scan_interval /system/build.prop <-- verifying change
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=60
# reboot

Yeah, the proximity.delay settings would be in milliseconds (at least that would be my guess, but I'm not able to confirm it.)

And the wifi scan_interval looks like it would be in seconds.

Can someone else let us know how much this helps with battery life? I'd like to do it but I don't want it to be a wasted effort if it only gets me a little more time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy