ARCHIVED: Zefie's CM7 for the Optimus V (Current: 03012011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
no

And for me the tethering apps dont work either.

Honestly I wouldnt worry about tethering. If it gets out of control Im sure VM will either raise the price of the plans or cancel the plans all together.

An app called "Wireless Tether for Root Users" in the Market works for me on Gingerbread with my Optimus V.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
After flashing this ROM the last time I lost my speaker. It still works I just have to put my ear to it on full volume to hear it. I recently came back to this ROM as I figured I had nothing to lose at this point lol. I had tried flashing a nandroid of stock just after rooting. Also tried flashing other ROMs and nothing fixed it. Figured I would ask again, for lack of any response, if anybody else has had this issue and what the fix was (if any). I noticed on the S version there was a fix introduced to fix a "speaker issue" but it didn't say what that was and couldn't find it in the thread. Hoping for some kind of answer or suggestion. :)

Edit: It was suggested to me to go into the hidden menu and look at the sound settings there. I did this however was uncomfortable with making any changes due to lack of knowledge of what the settings should be.

Last edited:

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
After flashing this ROM the last time I lost my speaker. It still works I just have to put my ear to it on full volume to hear it. I recently came back to this ROM as I figured I had nothing to lose at this point lol. I had tried flashing a nandroid of stock just after rooting. Also tried flashing other ROMs and nothing fixed it. Figured I would ask again, for lack of any response, if anybody else has had this issue and what the fix was (if any). I noticed on the S version there was a fix introduced to fix a "speaker issue" but it didn't say what that was and couldn't find it in the thread. Hoping for some kind of answer or suggestion. :)

Edit: It was suggested to me to go into the hidden menu and look at the sound settings there. I did this however was uncomfortable with making any changes due to lack of knowledge of what the settings should be.

Try using the Optimus S rom you reference. See if that fixes the speaker issue. You have nothing to lose and you can always flash back. If that does fix the issue, ask the dev of that rom what he did to implement that fix.

Yeah, those menus are somewhat scary. You may want to consider doing a warranty fix of the phone. This problem might not be related to the rom and might be an unrelated hardware issue.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, those menus are somewhat scary. You may want to consider doing a warranty fix of the phone. This problem might not be related to the rom and might be an unrelated hardware issue.

Yes, they are scary, although I figured when I went in I had nothing to lose. Once I looked at the options and how many there were for sound I knew I was in deep water without floaties. You were the one that suggested I look there so thanks again for that suggestion. :)

I will head over there and try flashing that rom. I know it wont work for other things but as you mentioned maybe it will fix that issue. Thanks for this suggestion as I should have thought of it when I saw the fix listed in the changelog lol.

EDIT: That didn't work. I'll just deal with no speaker for now. A family member wants one of these phones. Maybe I'll go buy a new one and sell this one to them "cheap" LOL they never answer their phone anyway so they don't need the speaker ;).
I love the boot animation on the S version btw. Time to flash this one back to my phone.

Last edited:

husamali

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello, Im having a problem when calling, screen locks and i cant open it for a few mins or maybe until i get the batteries of, or plug it on usb. is there any fix?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ive tried to update to the newest version of Zefie's CM7 Scott Pilgrim's Awesomeness. And it wont recognize my link2sd. Do I need to redo this?

@husamali there is a bug in the rom that causes the screen to black out. There is workarounds posted in this thread. However sometimes they work others they dont. For me it works part of the time, others the screen will comeback on after the person hangs up.

bb6h22lude

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
In the pics it shows the 3g icon green. On mine its white. On aospcmod it would do that when it was using data. Anyone know how to do it? I appreciate it in advanced.

dEris

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
A lot of users are switching to aosp. Zefie, lets get an update.

And to the people who are going to respond saying he doesn't have to do anything, I know this. This is just a motivational post. I know all about developer annoyances.Kthxbye

[ Sent from an LG Optimus V ]

liquidmass

Dec 29, 2010
optimusv.wikispaces.com
A lot of users are switching to aosp. Zefie, lets get an update.

And to the people who are going to respond saying he doesn't have to do anything, I know this. This is just a motivational post. I know all about developer annoyances.Kthxbye

[ Sent from an LG Optimus V ]

you know you could always use the one he is currently working on in the S forum. It works perfect on the V..... Flash one of the new kernels over it and it's no different.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
you know you could always use the one he is currently working on in the S forum. It works perfect on the V..... Flash one of the new kernels over it and it's no different.

I am kinda new to the Android system but I did complete putting Zefie's CM7 on my Optimus V without any problems in the first try. I would like to know if there is anything different I would need to do to use one of the newer Optimus S ROM's from Zefie. As in what to wipe, flash, and any other details a noob needs to know to tackle it. Please be detailed I don't even use Linux much so I get lost in some of the short hand used.

fr0zenblood75

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I am currently using aosp's ROM vor the Optimus V I wanna try this one but i dont know if there are other steps o things i should do cuz im coming from the other rom and can any one point some advantages and disadvatages from this rom and aosp ?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
http://optimusv.wikispaces.com/The+Repository
Has everything you need to know, was very helpful for me.

So has the speaker issue and the proximity issue been resolved on this rom yet? It is by far my favorite, but those items being the way they are deters me.

Most people are just using the S rom and remapping the keys. IIRC the only thing broken in that build for us is bt and mms functions. Until the mms function is fixed for the V the sprint rom is your best bet.

sk8dayfuknight

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
lg optimus vm670 bricked? HELP plz...

ok so i tried to flash my current stock os to cm7, i did a nandroid back up, then i flashed the zip for cm7, then wiped data, then flashed google apps into my phone, then i went to reboot hoping it would startup with cm7, and my phone gets stuck on the virgin mobile logo...idk what to do from here..is my phone just screwed

EDIT: ok nvm i got it, i just messed around with the buttons... i held home, volume up, and power until it went into restore mode....cool beans:)

Last edited:

prime0025

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Yea you just did some steps in the wrong order. First off you need to make sure you have the correct recovery needed for the rom you want to flash.

Once you have the right recovery installed you simply flash the Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip, Wipe Data/Cache, flash the rom itself, then flash Google Apps. All files needed are included in the original post.

If you are looking for a gingerbread rom you might want to try aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.3 / CM7. It has many bugs/issues fixed and is constantly updated. MMS has just been fixed so incoming and outgoing both work.

The recovery needed for aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.3 / CM7 is the Clockworkmod Recovery and the install steps are a bit different. Not hard at all though.

sk8dayfuknight

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
yes, i did everything correct. I only forgot to flash the current nightly, like a dumba**..... but it was my first time doing anything like this, ive only had a smart phone for about 2 weeks now. also my first smart phone. btw i am currently running cm7, even tho i almost bricked my phone last night(very stressful) i tried it again and succeeded lol. thanks for the help.

prime0025

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
ok so i tried to flash my current stock os to cm7, i did a nandroid back up, then i flashed the zip for cm7, then wiped data, then flashed google apps

By this I thought you meant you flashed the rom first, wiped, then flashed google apps so I thought you did it in the wrong order. Glad to hear you got it working though and did not brick your phone.

Reactions: stephenggallant

bcollado

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I have cyanogen 7 installed right now and I'm trying to get my weather widget to place on the home screen. It is not working though and when I try to place it, it goes to download the default skin and then proceeds to say that the download failed. I have a perfect 3g connection right now too. Does this app just not work with cyanogen or what? And with cyanbread this is the most amazing phone GUI I have ever seen good work :).

Status
Not open for further replies.