ARCHIVED: Zefie's CM7 for the Optimus V (Current: 03012011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Dam shame too because I did like this Rom also Zefie did good work but, I understand life gets in the way and when that happens can't devote time to the things that he / she did for free. If I wasn't still so noob at making Roms I would defiantly pick up the torch.

I agree I would like to see someone pick this up.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Luckily we have Aosp which is great and for the most part stable. Also Obijohn is working on a gb rom, or will be soon, and also the guys that brought us the reborn rom (nick and sorry bad with the other guys name, no disrespect)

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
No idea. I don't know much about the up and coming stuff beyond what the devs say on this forum. I only know that obijohn and the reborn rom devs are both working on gb roms. I love the options you have with aosp so am really looking forward to more rom options. :D

r00t

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Although the devs are trying to get close to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), aospCMod != AOSP.

The past few releases of aospCMod has been problematic and running slow. ROMs from zefie are always faster and his kernel is far better than aospCMod. There are users still flashing zefie's kernel with aospCMod. The aospCMod even packaged zefie's kernel initially. This is why we're still inquiring so much, zefie is a really good developer.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Although the devs are trying to get close to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), aospCMod != AOSP.

The past few releases of aospCMod has been problematic and running slow. ROMs from zefie are always faster and his kernel is far better than aospCMod. There are users still flashing zefie's kernel with aospCMod. The aospCMod even packaged zefie's kernel initially. This is why we're still inquiring so much, zefie is a really good developer.

I agree. When I had my optimus s I constantly used zefie's rom and loved it. As I said before I hope to see someone pick this up and get mms working.

r00t

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
As I said before I hope to see someone pick this up and get mms working.

Plain txting still works, it's just the media part (audio/images/video) that doesn't work. You can still flash the last release from zefie's nightly repo, which is more updated from the most recent port by icemank121 on this thread.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Plain txting still works, it's just the media part (audio/images/video) that doesn't work. You can still flash the last release from zefie's nightly repo, which is more updated from the most recent port by icemank121 on this thread.

I know just like having mms lol that's why I haven't flashed zefie's latest rom.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Same reason I haven't. Unfortunately he quit with our cm7 rom or we might have had a fix for this the same way aosp did it. Too bad there isn't some way to butcher them to get the mms working here...then again I don't know s**t about how to do anything with roms other than flash them lol.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Same reason I haven't. Unfortunately he quit with our cm7 rom or we might have had a fix for this the same way aosp did it. Too bad there isn't some way to butcher them to get the mms working here...then again I don't know s**t about how to do anything with roms other than flash them lol.

You and me both lol

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I can't live without my mms as I'm always getting pics and videos of my kids from my ex wife. Someone fix the mms here lol.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I think some people use it when they are new and don't really know? My assumption any way...

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Why are people still using this? Its an OLD OLD version of CM7...
Mainly because this thread keeps getting bumped up and the newbies don't know any better, they see CM 7 on the thread header and assume it is a still being devoloped ROM. Honestly I think an Admin needs to delete it or the OP needs to fix the post the say this ROM is no longer being worked on.Shame to its a good ROM just no longer being supported.

hehotbros

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
i cant flash this using the new clockworkmod recovery, says it need edify scripy, i cant find any roms that work with optimus v that use this script, any help..?

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
i cant flash this using the new clockworkmod recovery, says it need edify scripy, i cant find any roms that work with optimus v that use this script, any help..?

If you really want to use this dead rom use xionia or like what was stated use aosp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca