06-09-2012 11:04 AM
217 12345 ...
tools
    Thanks for the help. After renaming the recovery file to vrecovery got me going as well.
    03-01-2011 08:20 PM
    Okay, thanks for answering Hugh Johnson... Ill try that... @mmmark111And i tried the new "Flash ROM to phone" feature, but i didnt do anything. I'm sure I did something wrong. I think it even rebooted my phone.
    03-01-2011 09:13 PM
    I can't get "Push bootanimation.zip" to work. I might be doing something wrong as I'm new to this.

I've used to Android SDK with adb or whatever commands to get a bootanimation on there before, so I assume I have the proper drivers and everything. I wanted to use this ROMTool as I'm sure once I learn how to use it, it'll be quicker.

I boot the phone into "USB Debugging" mode. Put my "bootanimation.zip" file into the bootanimation folder of the ROMTools. I ran ROMTools and chose #7. It says "remount failed: Operation not permitted" twice. The phone restarted, and went back to the default bootanimation that the phone came with.

I tried doing it again, and now it still says remount failed, twice, and it also says "rm failed for /data/local/bootanimation.zip, No such file or directory".

I'm probably doing something wrong. Any suggestions?
    03-01-2011 09:30 PM
    @Hugh Johnson, I did what you said and it installed and then I rebooted and it was stuck on the VM Boot Vid!!! I flipped! But I figured out how to restore from my backup and its back to normal. @mmmark111 "Flash ROM to phone" still doesn't work. @Mirth Yeah, I tried "bootanimation.zip" and it didnt work for me either...

I'm seriously doing something wrong...
    03-01-2011 09:38 PM
    @Hugh Johnson, I did what you said and it installed and then I rebooted and it was stuck on the VM Boot Vid!!! I flipped! But I figured out how to restore from my backup and its back to normal. @mmmark111 "Flash ROM to phone" still doesn't work. @Mirth Yeah, I tried "bootanimation.zip" and it didnt work for me either...

I'm seriously doing something wrong...
    I'm getting stuck during the boot animation now, too. I had to down-flash back to stock firmware (fortunately I found a nand backup here) to get my phone activated. I would have used Xiona's VM but it would freeze on the shimmering Android message when booting up. I figured out that the hard-reset (home+volume up+power for 5 seconds) will boot you into CWMA. I restored back to stock firmware and activated as easily it should have been - for some reason you can't activate on CM7. Now I put CM7 back on and it just freezes at the LG logo. So two customs won't work, but a nand backup of stock will.

I hope you're having better luck.
    03-01-2011 09:55 PM
    No man... Same bad luck here... I knew those three buttons would take me to CWMA. Thats what i did earlier when my first try failed, then i restored back to stock firmware. The same thing is still happening. I install CM7 and i get stuck at the VM boot animation...
    03-01-2011 10:02 PM
    No man... Same bad luck here... I knew those three buttons would take me to CWMA. Thats what i did earlier when my first try failed, then i restored back to stock firmware. The same thing is still happening. I install CM7 and i get stuck at the VM boot animation...
    When you say "VM boot animation", do you mean the boot animation sequence in general or is there still a Virgin Mobile animation even after installing CM7? I'm a little confused because CM7 has its own animation. If you're still getting a Virgin Mobile animation then it seems like it didn't get flashed.
    03-01-2011 10:40 PM
    Yeah, I mean the Virgin Mobile animation... And when i flash it it'll reboot and just freeze on that same animation... Idk whats going on
    03-01-2011 10:49 PM
    So CM7 would freeze and now it freezes on the VM animation even when trying to revert back to stock? I'm trying to picture what's happening. I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on, but whatever it is it sounds like we've both got it.
    03-01-2011 10:58 PM
    Haha. Okay, I installed CM7, rebooted and it freezes on the VM animation. Thats all that happens. Dont get too confused lol.
    03-01-2011 11:09 PM
    Haha. Okay, I installed CM7, rebooted and it freezes on the VM animation. Thats all that happens. Dont get too confused lol.
    Are you coming from 2.2 rom?
    03-01-2011 11:12 PM
    @devgru82 What do you mean?

Oh and when i revert to stock, it goes back to normal, no freezing.
    03-01-2011 11:54 PM
    tony and hugh.....had the same problem myself awhile back. I forgot to wipe something. Have not had any problems since flashing anything. The instructions say you need to wipe the cache, dalvik cache, and under the advanced you have to wipe system, cache, and data. HE also recommends to do a factory reset from THE RECOVERY MENU, NOT from the phone.
    03-02-2011 02:02 AM
    Okay! I'll try that, thanks!
    03-02-2011 07:25 AM
    Tried that... no luck.
    03-02-2011 08:22 AM
    Need help with the custom recovery. The unzipped file is on my desktop. My phone obtains the temp root then the program says it will install the custom recovery. My phone reboots back into the LG Recovery??
    03-02-2011 10:19 AM
    I can't seem to get pass this error
    03-02-2011 02:35 PM
    I can't seem to get pass this error
    Have you rooted/flashed recovery yet?

Need help with the custom recovery. The unzipped file is on my desktop. My phone obtains the temp root then the program says it will install the custom recovery. My phone reboots back into the LG Recovery??
    Did you rename the 'recovery.img' to 'vrecovery.img' ?
    03-02-2011 03:14 PM
    To those that can't get the boot animation to work, are you putting the flashable zip in the folder or the bootanimation.zip?

Double click it and if there is a folder 'META-INF' and 'system' then that means you need to navigate to /system/media and drag&drop the bootanimation.zip to the bootanimation folder.
    03-02-2011 03:22 PM
    Have you rooted/flashed recovery yet?
    i did but now i am getting this when i try to flash rom to phone ( i changed recovery.img to vrecovery)

03-02-2011 04:12 PM
    i did but now i am getting this when i try to flash rom to phone ( i changed recovery.img to vrecovery)

Run 'one.exe' in the ROMTools folder, hit 'shell root', wait till it finishes, and try again.
    manormortal likes this.
    03-02-2011 04:50 PM
    thank you
    03-02-2011 05:16 PM
    Oops, looks like it's bricked! I went to do the factory reset in the recovery menu as danhalen suggest - I had it plugged in via USB too. When it did the factory reset I though it would just shut down after that so when I saw it booting back up I thought it was because I had the USB cable plugged in. I pulled it and then the battery to kill it. Apparently, you shouldn't remove the battery until it boots up to the home screen after a reset. I thought it already did the reset process.

Now I can't reach the recovery menu. When it starts up it always says it's doing a reset and then proceeds to reboot at which point it goes through the Virgin Mobile animation and gets stuck on the Virgin Mobile logo that remains behind during the boot sequence. It never even gets so far as the shimmering "android".
    03-02-2011 05:23 PM
    Any features you guys would like to see in the next version?
    03-02-2011 05:43 PM
    To those that can't get the boot animation to work, are you putting the flashable zip in the folder or the bootanimation.zip?
    I apologize for my noob-ness and stupidity. Here is exactly what I did:

• Install ROMTools (with drivers). Ran files "1", "2", "3".

• Download a bootanimation.zip (contains a file called desc.txt and a folder called "part0" with lots of jpg's in it)

• Put bootanimation.zip into "ROMTools > bootanimation" folder alongside the placeholder.txt file

• Plug in Android to PC using USB cable

• Put Android into USB Debugging mode

• Opened ROMTools.exe. Selected option 7 "Push bootanimation.zip"

• Get following message:
    remount failed: Operation not permitted
    remount failed: Operation not permitted
    rm failed for /data/local/bootanimation.zip, No such file or directory

• Phone reboots and the default bootanimation is shown, not the new one.

That's the exact order I'm doing things in. If I'm missing a step or something, please let me know.

Double click it and if there is a folder 'META-INF' and 'system' then that means you need to navigate to /system/media and drag&drop the bootanimation.zip to the bootanimation folder.
    I'm not sure what this means. In the bootanimation.zip, there are none of those files you mentioned. If it did, i wouldn't know how to access /system/media anyways or even know where it is. That's not in my phone's SD card, and if that's a folder on the phone, I dunno how to access those then (my phone is not rooted, if that makes a difference).

Again, I apologize for being slow, I'm new to this so I don't really know how to figure it out on my own, although I did get it through the adb previously.
    03-02-2011 06:53 PM
217 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD