[AIO] ROMTools v2.3.1 (ex-recoveryflasher) Tons of new features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: [AIO] ROMTools v2.3.1 (ex-recoveryflasher) Tons of new featur

Where did you get the Rom from? I see the rom folder only has a blank text file?

You have to download one of the many roms from this forum and then put it in that folder.

Froyo popular ones: Bumblebee, Reborn, Harmonia
GB popular: IHO, Ath3nos, AOSP

elisa9047

May 19, 2011
Visit site

Where do I get the rom from for Optimus V to put into rom folder?
Whats the difference between this and rom manager off android market. I have that and I believed it flashed a recovery rom for me. Can I use rom manager to install a rom? If so how?

Arya_Argetlam

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

I followed all the instructions and my phone said it was rooted successfully and it rebooted several times and now programs that work only for rooted phones say that my phone is not rooted. I have a lg optimus v
Is there anything I did wrong?
Please help me.
Thank you

RavenSEAL

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

Whats the difference between this and rom manager off android market. I have that and I believed it flashed a recovery rom for me. Can I use rom manager to install a rom? If so how?

No, ROMManager forces you to install CWM, which sucks, before doing anything. Xionia's CWM, which is included in this tool, is better.

jerrylstrong

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

I have root on my phone, as evidenced by SuperUser and Titanium Backup. However, I don't seem to be able to flash a rom. Is there something other than opening RomTools, having put the ROM.zip in the ROM directory and pressing '1'?

I get 'remount failed: Operation not permitted' and 'cannot create /cache/recovery/command: permission denied' a couple of times and then 'reboot: Operation not permitted'.

Another question. It says I can wipe the dalvik-cache from the main menu but it wants to reboot my phone before I can select that option.

?

Update:

I redid the SuperOneClick.. option 1 says it succeeded, the phone reboots into a blue menu recovery and says can't mount SDCARD:rom.zip 'Installation aborted'

So.. how do I flash this rom then?

Update again:

AH! .. I misread the 'rename included recovery to vrecovery.img', I thought that was just to keep the bundled one from being overwritten if you copied in a new recovery. I just 'made a copy' of the one included in the romtools package and copied my one in as 'recovery.img', so that was my mistake. Using the Xiona CWMA recovery 12518.6 I was able to back up the system and then flash the rom over.

can you please explain the last part because what you were explaining is exactly whats happening to me right now

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

can you please explain the last part because what you were explaining is exactly whats happening to me right now

Whatever recovery you are going to install rename it to vrecovery.
That is if you are doing this on a Optimus V.

mewikime

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Sorry,I'm a bit dumb when it comes to this stuff. How do I get it to work once downloaded? It it something I run from the computer or something I run from the phone? Also I used SuperOneClick to root my phone, so will this still work?

Thanks in advance

Anster9

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

can someone give more detailed instructions please? sorry im new to android and rooting

tkeyesjr

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
why is it that any way i try to boot to recovery it stays stuck on the lg screen. ive tried the vol down home power button way and that just gives me a blank screen. your reboot to recovery makes it stick at lg bootscreen. i have to pull the battery and then power on to get anywhere and then it boots normal. any help would be greatly appreciated
This is the same problem that I am having but nobody in the thread gave a solution. Please help!

bswann

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I just got a replacement phone with 2.2.2 on it and I haven't activated it yet. I tried to root it using RomTools but after super one click finds my phone, when it tries the next step it gives me an error. I have tried multiple times and I still get the same error.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

bswann

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I don't think superoneclick works on the newer firmware.
try gingerbreak. can be found on xda.
That's what I was thinking. my other phone is working fine, VM tech support just sent me another one because I didn't have 3g for a week or two and instead of just saying it was a problem with the tower they sent me a new phone. I'm just gonna send them the phone back and not worry about it.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

yeah, the new one is definitely the one to send back. they f'd up the firmware with that 2.2.2; locked out fastboot the dirty beggars. not sure what else is wrong with it yet... that's the big deal I've found wrong with the newer ov so far.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

ginerbreak did my new ov just fine. worked on first try.
got it direct from the xda thread, not market or anything.

bdieu17

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site

ginerbreak did my new ov just fine. worked on first try.
got it direct from the xda thread, not market or anything.

so now, i wanna custom recovery and then flash IHO Purity X Rom, do i now use ROMtools ?

bdieu17

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site

I just need to flash a recovery , do i need to use recovery flasher or just use the RomTools version without the OV drivers ?

which link should i use ?

lilnorthup93

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

I rooted my Optimus V the other night (new 2 weeks ago, running 2.2.2) using Gingerbreak and, though it took a few tries, it did work and now TiBu, Superuser and anything on my phone has root access, but I haven't been able to get a recovery on it.

I've tried ROMtools and SuperOneClick on my comp; with SuperOne, my first shell root attempt runs well until it says 'running psneuter' and then returns FAILED. Any attempts after that only get to the line 'chmod psneuter' then says error: closed. With ROMtools, when I have it check for root, the first time it just pops up a $, any subsequent attempts return the same 'error: closed' message as SuperOne until I reboot the phone.

What does the 'error:closed' message mean and why does my computer have a hard time gaining root when the phone works the way it should? Could it be the drivers? Installing them has been the only part that has so far been 100% smooth so far. Is there something else I need to do? Phone is in debug mode.

Any help is appreciated...Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie