[AIO] ROMTools v2.3.1 (ex-recoveryflasher) Tons of new features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Not sure but should I backup before doing this? Not sure if I even can backup before this. Anyways what are the safety issues here? Also will flashing this recovery force me to do a factory reset? Truthfully I don't know yet if I want a custom rom as I have many accounts already linked to my phone that would be difficult to recover again as I am not very good with passwords. Though looking at how easy this is I am thinking about it as I would be spending very little time in actually flashing the new rom and recovery.

~Thank you and sorry for being a noob :p
MacManChomp

You can't really make a backup until you flash a recovery. The recovery does not modify your personal files and settings unless you tell it to.

jroofad

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
my phone is stock. non-rooted.

can i just download this and it will work??

I don't have to get android sdk and all the other stuff??

Also does this do backups too or do i have to get something else??

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
my phone is stock. non-rooted.

can i just download this and it will work??

I don't have to get android sdk and all the other stuff??

Also does this do backups too or do i have to get something else??

You do not need the SDK. This comes with everything you need. Once installed you will be able to make a backup.

jroofad

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the quick reply.. how do i do a backup with this awesome proggie??! Is it the push rom to sd option??

also since my phone is not rooted do i give it r/w access using your options prior to uploading any roms??

sorry ima noob..

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
btw does this prog make my phone rooted??

This program installs the software necessary to make a backup. It's the screen that loads with the blue font on your phone.

No this does not give you root. What it does is do all the legwork to get you to the final step before root. Use this software and install a custom ROM and you will have root.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I just rooted my phone last night. Do I use this program to make a nandroid backup? Is it the option to flash the ROM to the SD card?

Boot into recovery, you can make a backup there.
Turn off the phone, then hold home, vol. down and power until you see LG, this will take you into recovery.

Recoveries in general save to the SDcard to either Nandroid or Clockwork folder, in this case, the latter.

There is a handy app called AnReboot that will reboot or reboot into recovery, kind of nice. It's much better than holding those 3 buttons all the time.

Reactions: HallOfPromise

mooneyb

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I am not able to find an option to backup. there are only 4 options. These are the same options that were quoted earlier. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that mine came with 2.2.1 installed. Does that effect wether we can achieve root, or flash a custom recovery?

AQAA

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi I tried this and did all the steps correctly, but my phone reboots into the regular recovery (where the only menu options are "reboot system now", "apply sdcard:update.zip", "wipe data/factory reset", and "wipe cache partition"). Any help?

Ditto, followed the instructions, installed drivers, obtained temp root, wrote the recovery file.
Boots to android system recovery <3e>

What went wrong?

Elmdor

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Great work.. If I could make a suggestion for the future maybe you could add an option to return to stock and unroot.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
For some reason you guys aren't getting the recovery installed.

You should see 8 options in recovery.
- reboot System Now
- apply sdcard:update.zip
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache partition
- Install zip from sdcard
- backup and restore
- mounts and storage
- advanced

It should also say Xionia CWMA V.1.2518.4 at the bottom.

4 means the recovery didn't load and you are seeing the stock LG recovery.

mooneyb

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for posting that. I didn't know what it was supposed to look like.
I wonder if the 2.2.1 firmware version is keeping the custom recovery from being flashed?

AQAA

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, thanks for the list.
Strange, everything goes fine according to the instructions including the 3-4 sec. write of the recovery file at the end with the vertical bars.

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Please read entire post!

Capture-3.png

I really dislike typing out ADB commands. I'm sure some of you feel the same. This program combines some of the most common tasks we perform with ADB and automates them for you.

Where is Recovery Flasher?
All the features are built into this program. I have decided to expand this program's functionality.

Features Explained

Flash ROM - Place a ROM in the 'ROM' folder renamed rom.zip. Hit enter and the zip will get flashed to your phone automatically

Flash Recovery - Will help you flash a recovery to your phone. For the Optimus V users, it will help you install all the needed drivers as well as obtain root privileges. Optimus T, S, and One phones will be able to flash a recovery.

Wipe dalvik-cache - Self explanatory .

Mount /system r/w - Allows read/write access to /system

Push ROM to SD card - Self explanatory (pushes to root of sd)

Push framework-res.apk - Pushes framework-res.apk to /framework, wipes dalvik-cache, and reboots the phone for you.

Push bootanimation.zip - Will remove boot animation and replace with one of your choice. (removes from /data/local as well as /system/media)

Reboot - Reboot

Reboot into Recovery - Obv.

Recoveries
CWMA v1.2518.4 for V and S
drellisdee's Recovery for T and One (thread with dl link will open automatically)

Capture2.png

Recovery Instructions
- Download
- Unzip the folder somewhere (desktop is easy)
- Double click RecoveryFlasher.exe
- Choose 'flash recovery'
- Place your phone in debug mode >setting>applications>development>USB debugging
- Choose what you want to do
- Follow the prompts and hit "any" key when told
- Your phone will reboot into the recovery for you, and from there you can mount your sdcard and transfer a new ROM to flash. Or even easier, use the new "Flash ROM to phone" feature :)

You're responsible for your own actions Mr. Sister

Changelog

v2.3.1
- Complete overhaul
- All original features retained
- Can now flash ROM for you
- Wipe dalvik-cache option
- Push framework-res.apk added
- Push bootanimation.zip added
- Beta support for Optimus T recovery added
- Fixed Optimus One issue
- More code cleanup and stability improved
- Tons of other BS
- Download ROMTools v2.3.1 with Optimus V drivers
- Download ROMTools v2.3.1 without drivers

v1.3
- Beta support for Optimus One recovery added
- Useful tools added
---- Reboot
---- Reboot into recovery
---- Mount /system
---- Push ROM to SD Card (place ROM in the 'ROM' folder and it will be pushed to the root of your SD card)
- Code cleanup
- Lots of code rewritten
- File cleanup
- Stability improved
- New font color :)
- Progress bar added
- Drivers now optional
- Other junk I'm forgetting
- Download Recovery Flasher v1.3 (without V drivers)
- Download Recovery Flasher v1.3 (with V drivers)

v1.0
- Initial release
- Optimus V and S support
- Download Recovery Flasher v1.0

FAQ
Can I use this with a different recovery?
-Yes. Any recovery can be used for the supported devices.
-To use an alternate recovery for the V or S, rename the new recovery to vrecovery.img and replace the 'vrecovery.img' included with the new one.
-For the Optimus One, the recovery needs to be named grecovery.img.
I don't understand the version numbers. Why did some numbers get skipped?
-First digit represents a huge change. Second represents new features. Third represents a bug fix
-2.3.1 = Second huge update with 3 feature revisions and one bug fix

credits: Koush, Zefie, CLShortFuse
CWMA

This is fantastic. Thanks so much!

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

bman123

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I simply find it amazing that people cannot follow directions this program is so darn easy to use it does everything. Thanks for the optimus t support I'm gonna do the neighbors phone tonight and I'll let ya know what happens

liaibo101

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
When i am trying to flash the Recovery when i get to the point where the program checks to see if my phone is rooted or not. (when the cmd screen comes up) i only get a message saying
*daemon not running, starting it now on port 5037*
ADB server didn't ACK
*failed to start daemon*
error: cant connect to daemon

MacManChomp

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I've tried multiple times now and I've come to the conclusion that I simply cannot get anywhere with this tool at the moment. It seems that my device is retaining the old recovery. ADB is showing successful root. Also has anyone managed to get past the problem? I see that others seem to be having the same issue. Bman123 what firmware were you on when you did this?

Found the problem. I believe that at least in my case the recovery.img was not being pushed to the sdcard. What I did was mount the sdcard to my pc then copy it to the root of the sd and used adb myself after mounting the sd back to my phone with the command "flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img" followed by "reboot recovery"

Last edited:
Reactions: chisholm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678