ARCHIVED: [Kernel] Picasticks OC kernel built from LG source for Optimus V

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Kernel] Picasticks OC kernel built from LG source for Optimu

There are no LG source gingerbread kernels so anything from the LG source is froyo.

Electriccars

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

I installed it but it won't let me overclock past 748mhz without instant reboot, I then installed the Harmonia 1.6.1c Rom and it made no differance. Help?

Also is it safe to go higher then 825mhz? most people say thats where there phone is stable, so should I keep it at 825mhz? (if I get it to go that high in the first place)

Thanks!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

That is the same kernel as Harmonia has, also if your phone resets at 748, then your phone isn't stable at 748. Just because the kernel goes higher doesn't mean your phone can go higher.

You bought a 600mhz processor, anything faster than that is a bonus. If it was guaranteed to hit 800, it would have been rated at 800.

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I swap between this/the kernel from the most recent Backside on my 9/28 ver of backside, I use it because i don't overclock, or use any screen animations or rotation, I just have 1 question, is ext2 support and support for loop files different? I use a linux chroot built from galoula - Debian stable, and picasticks won't let it mount, otherwise my initial boot is from mrg666 (I think) followed by pica's kernel, bt, wifi, 3g, gps, everything works fine, no app issues, although I rlly only use dolphin hd, terminal, esexplorer& set font to lucida hamdwriting with font changer which affect nearly everything except terminal/password entry fonts, but that can be done in the advanced menu.
if anyone knows anything about that loop file mounting on picasticks please let me know!!! TY!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I installed it but it won't let me overclock past 748mhz without instant reboot, I then installed the Harmonia 1.6.1c Rom and it made no differance. Help?

Also is it safe to go higher then 825mhz? most people say thats where there phone is stable, so should I keep it at 825mhz? (if I get it to go that high in the first place)

Thanks!

As long as your phone is stable, you are fine. HOWEVER, testing has shown the optimal speed/reliability/best battery comes at one or two steps below your fastest speed.

Just because it appears stable, doesn't mean the phone isn't dealing with errors.

chinolulu21

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site

Hi there,

I was curious to know if anyone ever figured out how to get the sensors working again? I've replaced the sensors.thunderc.so with the one from stock and wiped the caches and all. Does anyone mind sharing any tips? If I cant get it to work is there another kernel around that wont cause these issues? Thanks. I have been looking around for two days now

P.S:confused:

Otherwise, i'm just going to set it back to stock w/o the overclocking which is nice to have! :'(

enzodad

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

so yeah used this with rooted stock V rom and it boots and everything but no screen images....nothiong shows up

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

so yeah used this with rooted stock V rom and it boots and everything but no screen images....nothiong shows up

Its because you're a tard....no really you're a tard.

I bet you bought a phone when it was on sale at Christmas huh?

Guess what? Your phone has a different screen and this kernel is incompatible.

There is a thread stickied up top called fixing black screen read it threee or four times and follow the posted directions.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...black-screen-custom-recovery-custom-roms.html

enzodad

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

Its because you're a tard....no really you're a tard.

I bet you bought a phone when it was on sale at Christmas huh?

Guess what? Your phone has a different screen and this kernel is incompatible.

There is a thread stickied up top called fixing black screen read it threee or four times and follow the posted directions.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...black-screen-custom-recovery-custom-roms.html

Nope just got it yesterday- Zero problems rom and rooting prevail triumph first time ive had a problem Meh we all make mistakes, but im glad there are people like you with your quick wit to insult others for a mistake...thanks for the info and like --but keep insults to your self..or at least try harder

thoyt89

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site

I'm new to this, so I could use some help. :) I just managed to finally get my LG Optimus V rooted with Gingerbreak. I wanted to use Setcpu but it wouldn't let me go over 600 mhz. So I tried to install this kernal...I put it on my SD card still zipped, went into recovery mode and selected install zip from sdcard. After it was finished installing I rebooted, and it would flash the LG screen, and make sounds, but the screen was black for everything else.

So I went back into recovery and restored...did I do something wrong or miss a step? It just said Download, copy to /sdcard, reboot to recovery and flash...I think I did that?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

There is a patched version of this made by Bigsupersquid that will work with newer phones. However this will not.

If you want this, your best option is find that kernel or download Harmonia 1x which has the patched version built in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49