ARCHIVED: [ROM+Kernel] ~*~ Bumblebee 2.4 ~*~ (6/25/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Am I correct in thinking that it's better to install the Google apps from Market instead of installing the .zip because you can then use Link2SD to move them to the sd-ext partition? Whereas if you use the .zip, they're installed as system apps and remain using the internal storage even if you install an update from the Market?

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Am I correct in thinking that it's better to install the Google apps from Market instead of installing the .zip because you can then use Link2SD to move them to the sd-ext partition? Whereas if you use the .zip, they're installed as system apps and remain using the internal storage even if you install an update from the Market?

Sort of. System apps don't use "internal storage", that's the data partition. They do take up memory, but that's the larger portion of memory where you typically have 200-300MB free. But you're right about Links2SD, it cannot move apps installed in /system/app. The zip is mainly there for people who either can't or don't want to download them from the market. Also, since I had to resign all the system apps, if you try to upgrade one of them in the market you might get a signature error, in which case you'd have to uninstall then reinstall the app. I'm probably just going to pull that zip with the next update and advise everyone to just download them from the market.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I use Harmonia 1.2 and was just wondering why when I flash the Bumblebee Kernel I lose 30mb of internal space since the Kernel is only alittle under 4mb?

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Instability issues and lagging are almost always the result of there not being a complete wipe before installing. Also, any kind of apps2sd can cause problems when the links are deleted in a wipe, but the apps on the sd ext are not.

I'm testing daily, and when I forget to wipe I get instability issues. When I wipe completely, everything is smooth as butter.

Normally, that or a bad flash or file.
I was seeing some odd behavior which coincided with the other poster, but at this point, who knows. I've been messing with so many files, I have no idea where I was when I was seeing it.

Elmdor

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Couple of quick questions...

Coming from ASOP, when I installed that ROM and before doing anything I had 175MB of internal memory available, with this ROM I just installed and had 144MB available, is that normal?

Can I apply the status bar tweaks (black status bar) from the harmonia ROM page? Thanks.

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Couple of quick questions...

Coming from ASOP, when I installed that ROM and before doing anything I had 175MB of internal memory available, with this ROM I just installed and had 144MB available, is that normal?

Can I apply the status bar tweaks (black status bar) from the harmonia ROM page? Thanks.

you can use the harmonia status bar but you lose the reboot power button options. someone made this black bb bar, you can also edit it with UOT

I created a black status bar with a battery percentage indicator for this rom. Just boot into recovery (wipe the cache and dalvik to be safe), flash the zip, and reboot (it might take a few minutes)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19675089/blackBB.zip

If you're performing a fresh install, you can flash this in place of update_bb_framework_1.3.zip, but it won't hurt anything if you do it after.

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
That's because it does not have SU access yet. Reboot your phone, and it should ask on startup.
(also make sure you have placed sush in "/system/bin" and made it executable)

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the advice takenover83, I've double checked everything and still can't get it to work, it doesn't even ask for the su permission. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling too.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

That's normal
AOSP and Harmonia are the only ones (that I know of) that give you more than 140 or so.

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
These FC's are driving me nuts, I'm gonna have to jump to Harmonia if it keeps this up. (just waiting for Leslie to add reboot/recovery to the shutdown screen)

Is anyone else using Apps Organizer without FC's on BB ROM?

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Grrr... I might have to reflash BB.

Is there a way to save current settings, flash, and then restore those settings?

Use TitaniumBackup. When you restore, make sure you only select the apps you want to restore, don't just restore everything since you'll likely just be back to where you started with FC's.

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Use TitaniumBackup. When you restore, make sure you only select the apps you want to restore, don't just restore everything since you'll likely just be back to where you started with FC's.
What if I want to continue using Apps Organizer? That's the only App that I get FC's from. Apps Organizer has never FC'd using other ROM's in the past.

digitaljeannie

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
What if I want to continue using Apps Organizer? That's the only App that I get FC's from. Apps Organizer has never FC'd using other ROM's in the past.

After you do a fresh install, completely wiped and clean, install Apps Organizer fresh as well, prior to restoring anything or changing anything and see if you still have the FC issue.

java007

May 1, 2011
Visit site
The BB ROM install is working great for me. Very responsive, great battery life, and no more 50% time without signal issues, but for the first time since installing, I did see a 30% report tonight. Odd, but perhaps accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.