05-01-2012 12:17 AM
917 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    So I am noticing that when rebooting it will play the default notification sound instead of the sound I have set on my sdcatd. Is there any way to make the sdcard mount earlier when booting? Perhaps change the boot order?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    05-24-2011 01:41 AM
    So I am noticing that when rebooting it will play the default notification sound instead of the sound I have set on my sdcatd. Is there any way to make the sdcard mount earlier when booting? Perhaps change the boot order?

I have the same thing but it doesn't happen often. But I think the fastest fix for you is to move the sound file into the system folders. That way the sound is already there when it boots.
    05-24-2011 02:06 AM

No, there really is no way to safely mount the sdcard earlier. Basically, the init startup system uses vold (the volume manage daemon) to mount the sdcard, vold requires that the system be (almost) finished booting before it is run. Using vold to mount the sdcard is important because on shutdown it cleanly unmounts everything that was mounted with vold. Technically, I could put in some code in init.rc to mount the sdcard at the same time other system partitions are mounted, however this would mean that it would not get cleanly unmounted at shutdown since it wouldn't be mounted with vold.

There are 2 solutions for you. One is to edit build.prop and change the default notification sounds there (they are listed at the bottom of the file). Use "adb pull /system/build.prop" to grab it. Then after editing, push it back with "adb remount" and "adb push build.prop /system/" . It will get overwritten when flashing or reflashing a rom update, so keep a copy on your computer.

Another is to make sure the default notification sound (which is specified under the phone's main Settings->Sound->Notification Ringtone window) is set to one of the pre-installed sounds, but for any app that uses notifications, set each one to a sound on your sdcard instead of using the default. I usually set each app to a different sound anyway, so I've never noticed it not using the sounds I set on boot. The two primary ones of course are Gmail and Messaging.
    05-24-2011 07:38 AM
    Thnx for the tip on gosms... its awesome.
    05-24-2011 01:05 PM
    delete
    05-24-2011 04:32 PM
    This rom is a 2.2.1 Froyo rom. It's current version is up to 2.3. It it not a gingerbread rom.
    05-24-2011 04:55 PM
    Help! I'm officialy freaked out. My phone has been locking up sporadically for the past couple of days. I'm not sure if it is related to the latest BB update or the fact that I've been playing around with different visual mods. I've wiped, reinstalled BB 2.3 and installed the non-OC kernel with the same results. Now I gone back to full stock to see if it still happens.

Did I damaged the hardware with all the flashing?

05-24-2011 08:19 PM
    Help! I'm officialy freaked out. My phone has been locking up sporadically for the past couple of days. I'm not sure if it is related to the latest BB update or the fact that I've been playing around with different visual mods. I've wiped, reinstalled BB 2.3 and installed the non-OC kernel with the same results. Now I gone back to full stock to see if it still happens.

Did I damaged the hardware with all the flashing?

It's pretty hard to actually damage the hardware with flashing. There could be a couple of causes. One could be your sdcard going bad. Another could be that, if you restored apps with Titanium Backup, you also maybe inadvertently restored SetCPU with some higher CPU value than your phone can handle. Another could be that you did a full restore with Titanium Backup, which restores system settings that may be incompatible with the rom. If your phone reboots on its own, that's a tell-tale sign of the CPU being overclocked too high, so I would lean towards that.
    05-24-2011 08:30 PM
    Just download the app "Quick Boot (Reboot)" and place a shortcut on your home screen for which type of reboot you would like. It has several options.
    I've noticed when using the Quick Boot (Reboot) app, shutdowns happen almost instantly. Whereas with the regular shutdown function, besides the confirmation prompt that appears, there is a "shutting down" message with rotating circle for a couple seconds before the phone actually shuts down.

The slightly quicker shutdown/reboot is nice, but was curious whether it's skimping on any shutdown processes (i.e. it's not actually doing a clean shutdown).
    05-25-2011 03:12 AM
    I just wanted to say thanks for the ROM! I switched from cm7 because over time, it slows down way to much and has too many errors. This rom is quick and the battery life is much better.

05-25-2011 04:14 AM
    My android.process.acore became corrupt. It was eating CPU cycles. I am still using an older version. It became corrupt after a few weeks. I just reflashed the zip I had on hand. I am sure it's because I yanked the battery out. Unclean shutdowns could cause this too. I used the reboot quite abit before I had a lockup that required me to pull the battery.
    05-25-2011 10:04 AM
    My android.process.acore became corrupt. It was eating CPU cycles. I am still using an older version. It became corrupt after a few weeks. I just reflashed the zip I had on hand. I am sure it's because I yanked the battery out. Unclean shutdowns could cause this too. I used the reboot quite abit before I had a lockup that required me to pull the battery.
    I had the acore fc a lot too on the 2.3. I did a fresh reinstall of the newest build (wiped everything) and I don't get the acore fc anymore but my battery life is in the toilet. Not sure why but might try wiping and doing a fresh install again.

I download all my apps from the market again. I use tb to restore data for some programs but never to reinstall my programs as I have too many hit or miss issues with it.
    05-25-2011 10:14 AM
    I've noticed when using the Quick Boot (Reboot) app, shutdowns happen almost instantly. Whereas with the regular shutdown function, besides the confirmation prompt that appears, there is a "shutting down" message with rotating circle for a couple seconds before the phone actually shuts down.

The slightly quicker shutdown/reboot is nice, but was curious whether it's skimping on any shutdown processes (i.e. it's not actually doing a clean shutdown).
    Correct, using that app is like doing a battery pull. The system does not shut down cleanly, the sdcard is not unmounted, etc. Always use the power menu reboot option.

I've never seen this corruption you're talking about. What reboot method were you using, the quick reboot app or the reboot from the power menu? If you start getting acore force closes, post your logcat to pastebin and send me the link.
    05-25-2011 11:40 AM
    Hi,
    this is one of my first post, even if I've been checking out this thread for a while.
    Yesterday I flashed the Bublebee on my optimus V following the instructions (complete wipe etc).
    It's the first ROM I flash.
    Everything worked fine, but I was under wifi and I did not check the 3g. This morning I came to work (no wifi, but only 3g) and I found out that the 3g is not working.
    the icon shows up and the little arrow pointing up turns white but the one pointing down does not.
    I can not connect to 3g.

I did the flash following the instruction, the only modification I did is:
    After flashing the rom I downloaded all the apps from the market and than I installed titanium and made a backup
    I uninstalled SSA (something from virgin).

This morning, when I realized that the 3G did not work, I thought it might have been related to the uninstall of SSA so I tried to put it back with titanium but nothing.

Any help?
    05-25-2011 03:40 PM
    Correct, using that app is like doing a battery pull. The system does not shut down cleanly, the sdcard is not unmounted, etc. Always use the power menu reboot option.

I've never seen this corruption you're talking about. What reboot method were you using, the quick reboot app or the reboot from the power menu? If you start getting acore force closes, post your logcat to pastebin and send me the link.
    I've gotten the acore corruption twice with two different roms. Most recently was BB although I am not sure what caused it. It fc to the point you HAVE to redo the rom because it pops up every 10 seconds. If, hoping it doesn't, happen to me again I'll get the logcat for you.
    05-25-2011 03:41 PM
    Hi,
    this is one of my first post, even if I've been checking out this thread for a while.
    Yesterday I flashed the Bublebee on my optimus V following the instructions (complete wipe etc).
    It's the first ROM I flash.
    Everything worked fine, but I was under wifi and I did not check the 3g. This morning I came to work (no wifi, but only 3g) and I found out that the 3g is not working.
    the icon shows up and the little arrow pointing up turns white but the one pointing down does not.
    I can not connect to 3g.

I did the flash following the instruction, the only modification I did is:
    After flashing the rom I downloaded all the apps from the market and than I installed titanium and made a backup
    I uninstalled SSA (something from virgin).

This morning, when I realized that the 3G did not work, I thought it might have been related to the uninstall of SSA so I tried to put it back with titanium but nothing.

Any help?
    There are lots of 3G data connection issues with the Optimus V, unfortunately. You can find all sorts of posts about it all over the internet. I believe it's a hardware or radio firmware issue, and possibly related to tower communication as well. There are a couple of ways to reset the data connection when it gets stuck like that. One is to toggle Airplane Mode for 15 seconds or so. If that doesn't work, you can try a reboot. If that doesn't work use the SSA ("Activate") app. If you're already activated, it will go through the "1....2....3" steps then end with an error (it takes a minute or two for the whole thing). But after it's done, your data connection should work. I used to have this happen on my phone a couple of times a day, and the SSA app was the only thing that would reset it. Airplane toggle and rebooting didn't work. This was before I started working on this rom. It's not related to the TWS bug, but I haven't had my data connection get perma-stuck like that since I first started testing the fix, which I'm sure is just a coincidence since other people still have the problem. They probably upgraded the towers in my area with some kind of fix that helped with that issue.
    05-25-2011 03:51 PM
    I had the Rumor Touch before having the V and I was getting the same 3G connection issues, I'm thinking it has to do more with VM and their towers/equipments than our phones.
    05-25-2011 04:08 PM
    There are lots of 3G data connection issues with the Optimus V, unfortunately. You can find all sorts of posts about it all over the internet. I believe it's a hardware or radio firmware issue, and possibly related to tower communication as well. There are a couple of ways to reset the data connection when it gets stuck like that. One is to toggle Airplane Mode for 15 seconds or so. If that doesn't work, you can try a reboot. If that doesn't work use the SSA ("Activate") app. If you're already activated, it will go through the "1....2....3" steps then end with an error (it takes a minute or two for the whole thing). But after it's done, your data connection should work. I used to have this happen on my phone a couple of times a day, and the SSA app was the only thing that would reset it. Airplane toggle and rebooting didn't work. This was before I started working on this rom. It's not related to the TWS bug, but I haven't had my data connection get perma-stuck like that since I first started testing the fix, which I'm sure is just a coincidence since other people still have the problem. They probably upgraded the towers in my area with some kind of fix that helped with that issue.
    Thanks for the answer.
    In this case I'll need the SSA (activate) app because I uninstalled it and deleted the backup.
    should I reflash the ROM or can i find SSA as a separate package?
    05-25-2011 04:42 PM
    Thanks for the answer.
    In this case I'll need the SSA (activate) app because I uninstalled it and deleted the backup.
    should I reflash the ROM or can i find SSA as a separate package?
    Probably the simplest way is to just reflash the rom without wiping. Your cache will get wiped by the install script so the first boot will still take a while. But you won't lose anything and it will re-install all the system apps including SSA.
    gimmi80 likes this.
    05-25-2011 05:42 PM
    I just flashed the new version. Love the additions. When I get internet on my PC again I will look to make a theme for Go Launcher Ex for bumblebee. I hope its not too hard to do.
    05-25-2011 07:55 PM
    I reflashed the rom and reinstalled mostly everything from the market instead than from Titanium. No freezing so far.

Thanks Obijohn

05-25-2011 08:42 PM
    It worked thanks!
    05-25-2011 10:18 PM
    obijohn,

Do you use a battery life extender app like Juice Defender or Green Power? (i.e. do you think any of them are worthwhile)

And in your experience, do Elixir widgets cause noticeable battery drain? Or does it depend entirely on which Elixir widgets you choose (e.g. the on/off toggles are ok, but anything that shows a stat of some kind isn't)?

Love not only your ROM, but your app recommendations as well!
    05-26-2011 01:42 AM
    I use Go Launcher EX, love messing with the themes. But everytime I change the theme after flashing I lose the awesome background. Could you post a link of it. As I typed this I thought "hey why not look for it in the rom zip."

So I will do that now.
    05-26-2011 02:48 AM
    @obijohn
    A LOT of people are now distributing their free apps via Dropbox.
    You don't have to pay for premium speed and immediate download like all those others.
    Have you looked into using any free download alternatives?

I am upgrading to your 2.3 from scratch as restoring apps via Titanium on the last version seems to have horked up my system (prob too many apps).
    Going to redownload everything from Marketplace this time.
    Hopefully no more 3G lockups either.

Thanks for a great and CLEAN custom ROM
    05-26-2011 03:46 PM
917 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD