05-01-2012 12:17 AM
917 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    @obijohn
    A LOT of people are now distributing their free apps via Dropbox.
    You don't have to pay for premium speed and immediate download like all those others.
    Have you looked into using any free download alternatives?

I am upgrading to your 2.3 from scratch as restoring apps via Titanium on the last version seems to have horked up my system (prob too many apps).
    Going to redownload everything from Marketplace this time.
    Hopefully no more 3G lockups either.

Thanks for a great and CLEAN custom ROM
    Nothing beats megaupload for download speeds. I easily get 10Mbs down, and no account is needed.
    05-26-2011 04:06 PM
    How would you make the transparent notification drop down darker?
    05-26-2011 04:13 PM
    Nothing beats megaupload for download speeds. I easily get 10Mbs down, and no account is needed.
    Anyone give Rom Share a try?
    https://twitter.com/#!/clockworkmod/...48254384738304
    I don't know f it's limited to devices that CWM supports though..
    05-26-2011 04:24 PM
    @obijohn
    A LOT of people are now distributing their free apps via Dropbox.
    You don't have to pay for premium speed and immediate download like all those others.
    Have you looked into using any free download alternatives?
    Sorry, I don't have enough space on my Dropbox account for the roms. I use it for swapping multimedia production files with collaborators on projects, and it stays pretty full.

One reason I like multiupload (for me the uploader) is it gives me the option of specifying a lot of hosts for the downloader (you) to choose from, one of which is in fact megaupload which I always select. It also gives me a nice list of all the files I have uploaded and allows me to remove outdated/borked ones (not sure if they actually stay on the other hosts after that, tho). It also gives the downloader the option of choosing a site that they already have an account with, like rapidshare or hotfile or whatever, if they prefer.
    05-26-2011 04:48 PM
    That has NOT been my experience... plus the 30-90 second waits are annoying.
    I come from the "I want it now damnit" generation. Not saying I can't live with it...
    Just saying maybe, just maybe, there are better free options...

25GB free at MS SkyDrive
    and last I checked google accounts are free, not sure what Dropbox requires to get more space (alt acct.).
    There are also 1GB Google Docs and 5GB Amazon Cloud Drive
    05-26-2011 11:15 PM
    Looks at sig..... I have over 8GB on there. My dropbox only had like 2-3GB, i think?
    05-27-2011 12:07 AM
    One reason I like multiupload (for me the uploader) is it gives me the option of specifying a lot of hosts for the downloader (you) to choose from, one of which is in fact megaupload which I always select. It also gives me a nice list of all the files I have uploaded and allows me to remove outdated/borked ones (not sure if they actually stay on the other hosts after that, tho). It also gives the downloader the option of choosing a site that they already have an account with, like rapidshare or hotfile or whatever, if they prefer.
    Yup, Multiupload rocks. Let's you choose, and yours even has direct-download option.

For free users: Megashares is super-fast. Mediafire is also good with no wait time. Megaupload is definitely the fastest of the major players for large (550MB+) files.

Of course, anyone with a premium account will say <insert site> is the best because that's where they want to get all of their content.
    05-27-2011 12:40 AM
    I installed Bumblebee with the non-oc kernel a week ago. I cannot change settings in SetCPU because it says that it can't get root access. Titanium Backup gets root access so I don't think that is the real issue. Any ideas?
    05-27-2011 03:03 PM
    I installed Bumblebee with the non-oc kernel a week ago. I cannot change settings in SetCPU because it says that it can't get root access. Titanium Backup gets root access so I don't think that is the real issue. Any ideas?
    You're using the non over clocking kernel. You can't change it's settings with SetCPU. You need the regular kernel that comes installed in the rom.
    05-27-2011 03:32 PM
    Bumblebee is overclockable regardless of the OC/non-OC version. The non-OC version just comes set at factory speeds instead of OC' like the other version. That's the only difference, you should be able to change values with SetCPU in both versions.
    05-27-2011 03:34 PM
    Bumblebee is overclockable regardless of the OC/non-OC version. The non-OC version just comes set at factory speeds instead of OC' like the other version. That's the only difference, you should be able to change values with SetCPU in both versions.
    This is true. As of yesterday I am running this rom and flashed the non overclocked kernel. (Mainly cause mine reboots at the default over clock after a while). I am able to use setcpu to over clock as i like and i am currently running 600/729.
    05-27-2011 06:56 PM
    I would like to tweak with the notification bar. What files do I need to retain to keep full functionality.
    05-29-2011 06:43 PM
    I would like to tweak with the notification bar. What files do I need to retain to keep full functionality.
    You just need to modify framework-res.apk and possibly services.jar (if you need to change the clock color). Have you tried using the kitchen? It does most of the work for you.

UOT Kitchen
    05-29-2011 07:12 PM
    great ROM
    one problem though.
    when i booted into the rom, the time was wrong and i dont know how to change it.
    05-29-2011 07:16 PM
    great ROM
    one problem though.
    when i booted into the rom, the time was wrong and i dont know how to change it.
    I recently installed ClockSync: ClockSync | AppBrain Android Market and it seems to be working well.
    05-29-2011 10:48 PM
    Menu - settings - date and time

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    05-29-2011 11:48 PM
    Great ROM, using the overclocked kernal. My phone doesn't like over clocking past 729mzh. AOSP did allow me to be stable at like ~840mzh though.This ROM doesn't have any issues for me, Thanks so much!
    05-30-2011 12:39 AM
    You just need to modify framework-res.apk and possibly services.jar (if you need to change the clock color). Have you tried using the kitchen? It does most of the work for you.

UOT Kitchen

Yes I have played with UOT with Harmonia and I was wanting to use it with this rom but I was worried about losing the transparent drop down and the power menu options.
    05-30-2011 11:20 AM
    A strange thing happened to me this morning while I was trying to play some podcasts on my SDCard. It would not play them and it would keep on skipping to the next and next podcast without playing anything. Popped the SDcard out and test and tried it in another phone and it was working. So I popped the card back into the V and the same thing happened. I also tested another card in the V and the same thing, it would starts skipping files/mp3s. So then I got into recovery, wipped everything and reflashed and it ended up fixing the problem.

This might be an isolated problem, just I rather let the creator know of this just in case it is not an isolated problem.

(Running latest 2.3 bumble)
    05-30-2011 09:06 PM
    the battery seems to drain a little quicker with this rom. also sometimes my 3g switches to 1x and I have to toggle airplane mode to fix it. before installing I used the wiper and fully formatted in recovery boot, system, data, cache and dalvik cache. I put the same rom on my friends v and he has the same problem. anyone else?
    05-31-2011 10:16 AM
    the battery seems to drain a little quicker with this rom. also sometimes my 3g switches to 1x and I have to toggle airplane mode to fix it. before installing I used the wiper and fully formatted in recovery boot, system, data, cache and dalvik cache. I put the same rom on my friends v and he has the same problem. anyone else?
    ...a little quicker compared to what?
    05-31-2011 10:18 AM
    ...a little quicker compared to what?
    to the stock rom.
    05-31-2011 10:24 AM
    to the stock rom.
    I've found Rodimus to be the best with battery life, and Harmonia and Bumblebee being about the same as stock.
    05-31-2011 10:26 AM
    I have neither problem. Battery life for me is better than stock. This morning I downloaded and installed Plants vs Zombies then played it a little, updated an app, made 2 phone calls, sent and received about 10 texts, read News Republic and Reddit is Fun. I unplugged about 3 hours ago before doing all that stuff, and my battery is currently at 93%.

I also haven't seen my 3G signal suddenly switch to 1x and never switch back. Maybe it's related to something going on with the tower(s) in your area? The radios in these phones are known not to be very stable (I don't know if it's hardware or firmware but something is screwy with them).
    05-31-2011 10:53 AM
    I've found Rodimus to be the best with battery life, and Harmonia and Bumblebee being about the same as stock.
    FWIW, I had to switch back to the stock VM PRL file since I couldn't make/receive calls/texts on the newest Sprint PRL or even the hybrid PRL files. I've had 100% TWS at home.
    05-31-2011 12:02 PM
917 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD