05-01-2012 12:17 AM
917 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    I think there may be an issue with my cell radio. I am losing signal all the time or it switches to 1x. my friend has the same phone/rom and has no issues. should I restore stock and go to the sprint store as they sell VM phones there. not sure what else to do cause I am getting tired of all the dropped calls. I have done a full wipe many times I have the same issue no matter what rom I use.
    Let us know how it goes, because once you root your phone the warranty is supposed to be voided.
    06-03-2011 10:11 AM
    well i can easily unroot my phone but where do i get the stock lg recovery from
    06-03-2011 10:18 AM
    well i can easily unroot my phone but where do i get the stock lg recovery from
    Search around, I've seen it around on here before.
    06-03-2011 10:19 AM
    Found it. Now to nandroid flash lg recovery then unroot and i should be good. Hopefully i can get a replacement cause ive only had this phone for like 4 months.
    06-03-2011 10:25 AM
    Found it. Now to nandroid flash lg recovery then unroot and i should be good. Hopefully i can get a replacement cause ive only had this phone for like 4 months.
    I think after 90 days or similar you need to contact LG. But, going into a Sprint store can't hurt. They may just hand you a new phone. Let us know how it goes.
    06-03-2011 10:32 AM
    I thought Android 2.2 supports installing apps to SD? The "Move to SD" under Application is not available so I presume still need to create EXT partition and use Link2SD or similar? A bit confused so any help will be highly appreciated.
    06-03-2011 01:36 PM
    I thought Android 2.2 supports installing apps to SD? The "Move to SD" under Application is not available so I presume still need to create EXT partition and use Link2SD or similar? A bit confused so any help will be highly appreciated.
    2.2 does support Apps to SD, but not all apps support it.
    06-03-2011 01:37 PM
    Thank you for the quick reply. I guess that's where Link2SD and such are for.

06-03-2011 01:38 PM
    App in market called Move2SD enabler

https://market.android.com/details?i...nstalllocation

enables all apps movable, but be careful not to move system apps.
    06-03-2011 02:09 PM
    Is there a way to install flac codec without another player?
    06-04-2011 12:57 PM
    Just to let everyone know I'm still hard at work on big things to come. Right now I'm testing a new kernel built from the Android msm-kernel source updated to the newest kernel. This has been a much bigger project than I first thought, because I'm having to isolate every change LG made to the old kernel for the V's hardware, and incorporate those changes into the new source (which is sometimes drastically different). I've still got a lot of testing to do, but when it's ready it'll be worth it. This new kernel will set the stage for Bumblebee Gingerbread.
    Jsadik and ejlmd like this.
    06-06-2011 01:01 PM
    Awesome I defently want to test that out when its ready. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-06-2011 01:06 PM
    ^^ That's great!

Has Gingerbread been released for the OV yet, or are you planning on making it work on the OV yourself?
    06-06-2011 01:09 PM
    this rom is awesome
    06-06-2011 01:11 PM
    Search around, I've seen it around on here before.
    http://optimusv.wikispaces.com/List+...and+Recoveries
    06-06-2011 02:09 PM
    I don't see the stock recovery in that list.
    06-06-2011 02:25 PM
    ^^ That's great!

Has Gingerbread been released for the OV yet, or are you planning on making it work on the OV yourself?
    No, it hasn't been released, and I'm not holding my breath for an official VM Gingerbread for this phone. So, I'm building my own from the Android Gingerbread source. This is not CM7, it's pure Gingerbread. I've still got a lot of work to do on it, so I can't make any time estimates, but so far I don't think there are any permanent road-blocs.
    ejlmd likes this.
    06-06-2011 02:26 PM
    Sweet, keep us posted
    06-06-2011 02:35 PM
    Can't wait, keep up the good work!
    06-06-2011 02:59 PM
    No, it hasn't been released, and I'm not holding my breath for an official VM Gingerbread for this phone. So, I'm building my own from the Android Gingerbread source. This is not CM7, it's pure Gingerbread. I've still got a lot of work to do on it, so I can't make any time estimates, but so far I don't think there are any permanent road-blocs.
    please dont break the camera and phone apps like cm7. please please please
    06-06-2011 09:10 PM
    I envy your abilities.
    Thank you for your android ambitions

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-07-2011 12:44 AM
    please dont break the camera and phone apps like cm7. please please please
    Lmfao, I second this xD

I know this is something thats probably very hard to predict, but do you have a rough idea when the kernel will be publicly released?
    06-07-2011 05:56 AM
    Just to let everyone know I'm still hard at work on big things to come. Right now I'm testing a new kernel built from the Android msm-kernel source updated to the newest kernel. This has been a much bigger project than I first thought, because I'm having to isolate every change LG made to the old kernel for the V's hardware, and incorporate those changes into the new source (which is sometimes drastically different). I've still got a lot of testing to do, but when it's ready it'll be worth it. This new kernel will set the stage for Bumblebee Gingerbread.
    Wow thanks obijohn for putting so much effort into this.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-07-2011 02:54 PM
    definitely looking forward to gingerbread + bumblebee.

Just wondering if anyone else using Bumblebee have access to Google Music Beta. The app crashes on me anytime I try to play a song, and from what I've gathered from googling around, may have to do something with the rom used. I'm somewhat familiar with adb, so I would appreciate any help or if anyone else can verify that it works.. it would be much appreciated.
    06-07-2011 10:35 PM
    Just wondering if anyone else using Bumblebee have access to Google Music Beta. The app crashes on me anytime I try to play a song, and from what I've gathered from googling around, may have to do something with the rom used. I'm somewhat familiar with adb, so I would appreciate any help or if anyone else can verify that it works.. it would be much appreciated.
    Running Google Music Beta on Bumblebee here. Works fine.
    06-08-2011 04:36 AM
917 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD