05-01-2012 01:17 AM
917 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    i did nothing diffrent same exact apps but battery life is like 5 hours now...
    06-12-2011 09:11 PM
    Yeah my battery life seems to have taken a hit too.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-12-2011 09:35 PM
    I'm going to have to give this a try. I been using 2.3 since it came out and I love it. Thanks
    06-12-2011 09:36 PM
    This is my fave but keep getting freezes too. Going to do a fresh wipe instead is the upgrade I did and see if it's better.
    06-12-2011 09:58 PM
    Appreciate the inclusion of swap support on the new kernel, but couldn't test it out...
    It doesn't seem to play nice with aosp's 2.3.4 rom (and I just can't bear to roll back from gingerbread to froyo.) Went as far as the silver LG logo on boot, hung there. Formatted boot, data, cache, and dalvik cache, still no-go. Remembered reading that froyo kernels weren't compatible with gingerbread, but thought I'd try anyway. Bummer.
    The text-selection tool is so much better in gingerbread than froyo, and I copy/paste so much in the browser, that I just can't go back.
    I do appreciate the inclusion of swap functionality in this, but I guess I'll just have to buckle down and compile something myself, unless maybe I overlooked something and there's a way to make this kernel coexist with gingerbread?
    Thanks for the work!
    06-12-2011 10:08 PM
    You might need to wipe cache again in recovery, or try wiping battery stats also in recovery. Battery life is fine, trust me.

This is my fave but keep getting freezes too. Going to do a fresh wipe instead is the upgrade I did and see if it's better.
    Lock ups and freezes are almost always the result of an incomplete wipe (you did wipe cache in recovery before upgrading, right?) or the overclocking is a bit too high.
    06-12-2011 10:20 PM
    Yes wiped both caches and didn't change the oc settings with the new app. Going to try a clean install next.
    06-12-2011 10:43 PM
    On my first boot the battery life was BAD - I drained 20% in the less than 1 hour. I simply rebooted thinking maybe it was a rogue app, and I went ~12 hours and still have 60%. Pretty good for me.
    06-12-2011 11:52 PM
    On my first boot the battery life was BAD - I drained 20% in the less than 1 hour. I simply rebooted thinking maybe it was a rogue app, and I went ~12 hours and still have 60%. Pretty good for me.
    i noticed this also. battery drains in the first day, then later on the battery will be back to normal
    06-13-2011 12:28 AM
    Appreciate the inclusion of swap support on the new kernel, but couldn't test it out...
    It doesn't seem to play nice with aosp's 2.3.4 rom (and I just can't bear to roll back from gingerbread to froyo.) Went as far as the silver LG logo on boot, hung there. Formatted boot, data, cache, and dalvik cache, still no-go. Remembered reading that froyo kernels weren't compatible with gingerbread, but thought I'd try anyway. Bummer.
    The text-selection tool is so much better in gingerbread than froyo, and I copy/paste so much in the browser, that I just can't go back.
    I do appreciate the inclusion of swap functionality in this, but I guess I'll just have to buckle down and compile something myself, unless maybe I overlooked something and there's a way to make this kernel coexist with gingerbread?
    Thanks for the work!
    I'm hard at work on a new kernel that will work with gingerbread, which I'm hoping to have ready in a week or so. As far as copy/paste in the browser, you should really try Miren (free in the Market). It has a cool text selection tool that kicks butt and makes me cry a little bit inside that I didn't think of it myself, not to mention it's about the best browser around. I bet if you buckle down and install Bumblebee, then use Miren for the browser and something like GO Launcher EX for home/launcher customizations, you'd never miss Gingerbread. :-)
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    06-13-2011 07:53 AM
    Go Launcher EX rocks but their newest update removed the transparent theme icons. The new ones are cool but I am all about transparent. Now if I could only figure out how to make a transparent status/notification area for this rom I would be set.
    06-13-2011 12:08 PM
    Flash the notification bar that is around page 20 of this forum and then go to uot kitchen and make one and ignore all the only for gingerbread stuff and make it how you want it. I am running a transparent drop down and bar with this ROM.

Page 22 bar made by jromano89
    06-13-2011 01:15 PM
    I'm hard at work on a new kernel that will work with gingerbread, which I'm hoping to have ready in a week or so. As far as copy/paste in the browser, you should really try Miren (free in the Market). It has a cool text selection tool that kicks butt and makes me cry a little bit inside that I didn't think of it myself, not to mention it's about the best browser around. I bet if you buckle down and install Bumblebee, then use Miren for the browser and something like GO Launcher EX for home/launcher customizations, you'd never miss Gingerbread. :-)
    I promote this comment cause I use all of the above!
    06-13-2011 01:22 PM
    obijohn, have you used Dolphin Web Browser? i see you're a huge fan of Miren, but i don't know if I could bear to part with Dolphin.

also, i'm currently using Harmonia and have been pretty happy with performance and battery life. does anyone have experience using both that could possibly break down the difference between the two? i'm not really looking to make a switch but it seems that many people love this ROM, so i'm a little curious. Thanks!

ps. i know this is minor, but if i were to give this ROM a try, could I still flash the black status bar that Leslie Ann posted for her ROM? i love the black status bar and don't know if i could use the blurry white ever again.
    06-13-2011 01:44 PM
    Flash the notification bar that is around page 20 of this forum and then go to uot kitchen and make one and ignore all the only for gingerbread stuff and make it how you want it. I am running a transparent drop down and bar with this ROM.

Page 22 bar made by jromano89
    Thank you very much for the info sir. And I am also looking forward to an obijohn 2.3 rom and kernel as I'm sure they will be top notch.

06-13-2011 01:46 PM
    obijohn, have you used Dolphin Web Browser? i see you're a huge fan of Miren, but i don't know if I could bear to part with Dolphin.

also, i'm currently using Harmonia and have been pretty happy with performance and battery life. does anyone have experience using both that could possibly break down the difference between the two? i'm not really looking to make a switch but it seems that many people love this ROM, so i'm a little curious. Thanks!

ps. i know this is minor, but if i were to give this ROM a try, could I still flash the black status bar that Leslie Ann posted for her ROM? i love the black status bar and don't know if i could use the blurry white ever again.
    I'm on this rom for the shut off menu and originally for the space you get with the dalvik tweak. Plus bumblebee is my favorite transformer. Harmonia feels to feminine to me as well.. Superficial I know.
    06-13-2011 03:56 PM
    A few pages back is a black bar created for the 2.3 version of this rom but works fine still on 2.4.
    The icons, if you wish them different, can obviously be changed in the Kitchen.
    06-13-2011 04:14 PM
    thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a shot, the only part of gingerbread I'm really attached to is the selection handles.
    and, so many people have commented on the speed of bumblebee, it's certainty worth a flash to try it out.
    any chance of a ufs.ko module to test something else out? swap's great for compiling and image processing, but until I can bury /system/etc under /sd-ext/etc without manually merging them or ignoring one of the two, I'm kinda hung up in my experimentation.
    really appreciate your help! one of these days I'll get my desktop set up correctly for kernel compilation and stop bothering you devs.
    06-13-2011 05:20 PM
    Looks like a massive update is coming in a week. So I will not bother with the latest update and wait for the much anticipated release in a week.

Thanks for all your hard work.
    06-13-2011 06:05 PM
    Just wanted to send a quick thanks to obijohn for such an excellent ROM.

Only been using it since 2.3, but it's got a lot of little important tweaks over the stock ROM that I was using before.

I also want to add a note that the non-overclocked kernel is really useful ... I've been having a few weird glitches since upgrading to 2.4 that might be because I also switched my SetCPU overclocking from 729MHz max to 768MHz just after the upgrade. I've just changed back to 729MHz, and will see if I'm also back to the rock-solid stability that I was seeing with 2.3.

John
    06-13-2011 06:30 PM
    So is bumblebee gingerbread coming out next week, or just the kernel that supports it?

Thanks for your work Obijohn!
    06-13-2011 07:31 PM
    So is bumblebee gingerbread coming out next week, or just the kernel that supports it?

Thanks for your work Obijohn!
    Just the kernel I believe.
    Jsadik likes this.
    06-13-2011 08:07 PM
    That's pretty good

06-13-2011 09:56 PM
    Terrific work on this ROM and kernel! If you could add a few of the Cyanogen goodies, I would be sold.

Can't justify loosing the ability to revoke individual permissions on apps. And I like the ability to change screen brightness by swiping the notification bar so even if I'm set on lowest brightness and I step outside into sunlight, I can increase to full brightness without fumbling around for the right button in the glare.

Can't wait too see what you are cooking in your new kernel!
    06-13-2011 10:41 PM
    so i went from AOSP to Harmonia to this ROM. i'm just kind of taking the tour right now i guess. really nice job on this ROM. the boot animation alone is worth it.

i'm with JerryScript that it is tough to part with some of the Cynogen goodies, like the control buttons in the notification drop down and brightness settings. i will say that after switching from AOSP, i don't miss all the bugs that came with it. i'm really looking forward to the upcoming Gingerbread ROM from this developer.
    06-14-2011 10:58 AM
917 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD