05-01-2012 12:17 AM
917 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    so i went from AOSP to Harmonia to this ROM. i'm just kind of taking the tour right now i guess. really nice job on this ROM. the boot animation alone is worth it.

i'm with JerryScript that it is tough to part with some of the Cynogen goodies, like the control buttons in the notification drop down and brightness settings. i will say that after switching from AOSP, i don't miss all the bugs that came with it. i'm really looking forward to the upcoming Gingerbread ROM from this developer.
    You can add the brightness controls using Tasker and not losing any real estate in your notification bar. I also have settings for wifi, bluetooth, 3G/2G, mute, airplane mode... It really is amazing what you can get done with Tasker. If I want the screen brighter, I just shake it.

For permissions, I suggest everyone try out LBE security. It gives on the fly permission control. So lets say you want to only allow the broswer app to have GPS capabilities sometimes, this will open a pop-up when it tries to use the GPS. YOu can allow and reject while the app is running. The settings don't have to be permanent. The best part is that it doesn't cause an FC'es.
    zoidberg_md likes this.
    06-14-2011 11:00 AM
    You can add the brightness controls using Tasker and not losing any real estate in your notification bar. I also have settings for wifi, bluetooth, 3G/2G, mute, airplane mode... It really is amazing what you can get done with Tasker. If I want the screen brighter, I just shake it.

For permissions, I suggest everyone try out LBE security. It gives on the fly permission control. So lets say you want to only allow the broswer app to have GPS capabilities sometimes, this will open a pop-up when it tries to use the GPS. YOu can allow and reject while the app is running. The settings don't have to be permanent. The best part is that it doesn't cause an FC'es.
    thanks for the recommendation! I'll give Tasker a whirl!
    06-14-2011 11:15 AM

Not quite the same, look at my screenshots, there's no widget on my dropdown, I don't even have to open it. You just press on the notification bar, hold for a sec to activate, then swipe or long press anywhere on it to change your screens brightness. The dropdown never has to open, so you don't have to hope you are pressing the right icon, just swipe back and forth at the top of your screen. Makes a huge difference in full sunlight.

I hope some of the devs can port this function to other ROMs, it's really very handy.
    06-14-2011 12:05 PM
    Not quite the same, look at my screenshots, there's no widget on my dropdown, I don't even have to open it. You just press on the notification bar, hold for a sec to activate, then swipe or long press anywhere on it to change your screens brightness. The dropdown never has to open, so you don't have to hope you are pressing the right icon, just swipe back and forth at the top of your screen. Makes a huge difference in full sunlight.

I hope some of the devs can port this function to other ROMs, it's really very handy.
    I LOVE this function, it's sooo simple, but it makes life just that much easier!
    06-14-2011 12:29 PM
    Great ROM.

Updated to 2.4 but still having issue to update SuperUser v.2362 from Market. The error message is "Package file was not signed correctly. Tried reboot already.
    BTW, is it necessary to have V2362?
    06-14-2011 03:00 PM
    I LOVE this function, it's sooo simple, but it makes life just that much easier!
    per another user recommendations try Quick Settings in the market. it binds to long press search key and the brightness slider is on top. its an extra button press but acts just like the cm7 option.
    Irate Iguana likes this.
    06-14-2011 03:03 PM
    per another user recommendations try Quick Settings in the market. it binds to long press search key and the brightness slider is on top. its an extra button press but acts just like the cm7 option.
    I honestly NEVER knew you could do this with quick settings!
    06-14-2011 04:30 PM
    ok, I've looked thru the thread and figured out what I think I need to make this rom work for me...
    logged in to my google account to activate the market (haven't done that in a month, the g-apps really bug me, the little resource-sucking auto-starting data-mining password-storing boogers) and downloaded:
    tasker
    quick settings
    miren browser
    go launcher ex
    lbe privacy guard
    oi file manager (gotta have a file manager in android although thunar works great in the debian chroot as a root-access file manager)

then backed up /data/app to my sd card to save the fresh apps, and re-installed the rom to ditch the google apps.
    still missing the large boxy text selection handles from aosp though.
    otherwise the rom seems to be doing ok, except I need to get back to the shell used in the aospCmod rom for the history function in terminal. I'll figure that out soon enough.

if I notice any issues, I'll post 'em.
    the boot animation looks great, by the way.

edit: ditched miren and the launcher, they don't suit me.
    rom still running fine even after removing almost half of /system/app.

issue: geniewidget (news and weather) hasn't worked for me on two installs but I didn't wipe /data those times. didn't test it on the first install which had a full wipe (of /boot /misc /system /data /cache and dalvik-cache.) no big deal (just removed it with the rest of the stuff I don't use or need,) but wonder what was breaking it. I hadn't removed anything else before testing it.
    later edit: well, went back to gingerbread. froyo just takes too much tweaking to get where I want it.
    the swap-enabled kernel worked great, though! if you release a gingerbread rom or kernel I'll definitely try it out.
    06-14-2011 05:58 PM
    so I just switched from aosp... all good but netflix is weird... on also it was perfect and installed on sd card it took up about 3mb.. on this rom there is a green bar at top and even on sd card it still takes up over 16mb internal memory??

Sent from my Brilliant Corners using Tapatalk
    06-14-2011 08:53 PM
    so I just switched from aosp... all good but netflix is weird... on also it was perfect and installed on sd card it took up about 3mb.. on this rom there is a green bar at top and even on sd card it still takes up over 16mb internal memory??

Sent from my Brilliant Corners using Tapatalk
    the green bar is because of stagefright. on cm7 they took that out.
    06-14-2011 09:52 PM
    Good workaround, but I hate installing an app to make up for something missing in a ROM, so I'm hoping other devs can get this working on other ROMs.

With the status bar slider, I don't have to be able to see anything on the screen, which happens often in the bright sunlight of Vegas, I just unlock the screen (gestures unlock on aospCM7, no need to look for the slider button), then long press the upper right corner of the screen, and I'm at full brightness.

I don't mean to rant about this, just hoping to point out a great feature other ROMs could take advantage of.
    06-15-2011 12:56 AM
    Anyone have an idea as to why the MM (MetaMorph) themes aren't working? Is there anything specific in the framework-res.apk that's preventing standard MM changes on this ROM?
    06-15-2011 03:45 AM
    Huh, I noticed my phone LOVES to reboot with this ROM when clocked over 600 even after several wipes. So I decided to flash the picasticks kernel and I'm at 480/806 interactive no problem :O
    06-15-2011 03:48 AM
    what about the size issue with netflix?

anyone know how to get a power widget into the notification bar? I looked at wigetsoid2 but could not figure it out??

thanks

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-15-2011 07:58 AM
    Anyone have an idea as to why the MM (MetaMorph) themes aren't working? Is there anything specific in the framework-res.apk that's preventing standard MM changes on this ROM?
    I have trouble with mm on any rom so I use zip themer works no problem.

06-15-2011 08:56 AM
    what about the size issue with netflix?

anyone know how to get a power widget into the notification bar? I looked at wigetsoid2 but could not figure it out??

thanks

You can use a program called my settings it works the same but the ui is different.

06-15-2011 08:57 AM
    You can use a program called my settings it works the same but the ui is different.

thanks.. that is perfect!

06-15-2011 09:16 AM
    Very welcome, glad it works for you. That's how I get around the annoyance of not having the power settings in my notification area. One extra click but I like that it has the full screen of options available to you.
    06-15-2011 09:57 AM
    what does everyone have their cpu set at and gov. with bumblebee?

06-15-2011 11:11 AM

I just use the auto boot cpu settings in the kernel. Works good for me.

06-15-2011 11:46 AM

I use the same settings I have with every rom I've tried since I learned my personal device won't overclock past 787MHz without issues...
    600 min 787 max on-demand governor.
    works good for me.
    06-15-2011 12:04 PM
    Hey, this may be a stupid question, but where is the default wallpaper located in the .zip file? I can't find it, and you said yourself that it's not there after you change it the first time. But I like it!
    06-15-2011 12:15 PM
    I can't go higher than 767! what advantage is it to have a high min number? what does it do to the battery life?
    thanks

06-15-2011 12:22 PM
    I can't go higher than 767!
    supposedly each batch of chips produced for these things has a different max speed. I'm jealous of those who can crank theirs up over 800.
    what advantage is it to have a high min number? what does it do to the battery life?
    mmarz has a battery life thread, the conclusion seemed to be that lower clock speeds don't help with battery life. I set the minimum to the stock rated 600 because of that, and haven't noticed any reduction in on-time per charge, unless some app is using data in the background or something. airplane mode is by far the best battery extender I've tried.
    06-15-2011 12:29 PM
    I'm not sure what all the fuss is about with our battery. I have a friend who has a epic 4g and he would kill to have our stock rom battery life.
    06-15-2011 12:42 PM
917 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD