05-01-2012 01:17 AM
917 12345 ...
tools
    Why doesn't anyone try making a ROM using android 2.3.3?
    The only ones are Cyanogen and that is because they have a wealth of information to work from. However they have had to do a TON of work.

On the other side of that, you can't just simply remove Cyanogen and produce a 2.3 rom, everything in those are very heavily integrated (near as I can tell) and since there is no 2.3 official, we don't have anything else to really work from.

I'm not saying it's impossible, it's just a massive undertaking.

When we get an official 2.3.3 expect a massive flood of them.
    04-22-2011 08:24 PM
    Wondering if you ever tried this yet
    I'm going to flash your rom/kernel as soon as it's done downloading. Then I will test flashing his over it...mainly just because I want his unlock screen and the no clock in status bar lol. Update soon as I'm done.
    04-22-2011 10:01 PM
    I keep getting fc on titanium bu, cant get my stuff back , ill wipe all and reflash see if that helps
    04-22-2011 10:16 PM
    just noticed TBU was updated today 4/22, they prob broke it. Try and get my hands an prev version first before i reflash
    04-22-2011 10:21 PM
    just noticed TBU was updated today 4/22, they prob broke it. Try and get my hands an prev version first before i reflash
    Yep that was it, previous version http://www.matrixrewriter.com/androi...niumBackup.apk worked fine
    04-22-2011 10:29 PM
    Nvm on flashing the Rodimus theme. I kept getting the blue screen for all sorts of different reasons so going to flash back to a different rom.

Ok tried flashing the thunder recovery back to my phone from the CWMA I was using and still getting the blue screen. Yes I did all wipes before and after trying to flash...I will try again another day. Appreciate your work and I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong.
    04-22-2011 11:00 PM
    Nvm on flashing the Rodimus theme. I kept getting the blue screen for all sorts of different reasons so going to flash back to a different rom.

Ok tried flashing the thunder recovery back to my phone from the CWMA I was using and still getting the blue screen. Yes I did all wipes before and after trying to flash...I will try again another day. Appreciate your work and I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong.
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...optimus-v.html

^^ easiest way to flash a recovery. IMO of course.
    04-22-2011 11:49 PM
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...optimus-v.html

^^ easiest way to flash a recovery. IMO of course.
    Yeah. I tried the CWMA, thunderc, and the Clockwork recoveries. Figured the 3.0.2.4 CW wouldnt work but thought I would try anyway. None of them would work for me, kept getting the fastboot blue screen. Maybe next time I'll have better luck. I could flash back to my original nandroid from right after I rooted my phone and everything was still stock then flash this and see if that works.

Oh, and I think that ROM tools is the easiest way to flash a recovery. Can flash any of them with a few key strokes.
    04-23-2011 12:00 AM
    The issue for me was using Xionia CWMA recovery for this particular ROM. While Aphrodite, Rodimus, and aosp installed fine with it fine multiple times in the past, the two recoveries I've recently used to successfully install Bumblebee were Thunderc and the newest Clockwork.

All my installs were completely full wipes including dalvik and battery stat wipes.

It's not exactly to say we had the same issues, but I'm simply reporting my experience with it.

-K
    Which version Xionia CWMA recovery were you using that gave you the problems?
    04-23-2011 12:34 AM
    I tried .6
    .6 let me do the following...

Update: I flashed Rodimus and then your kernel and it booted up crazy fast compared to with the Xionia kernel. Also his boot animation didnt freeze halfway through.

Maybe I'll try flashing your rom again after doing a nandroid of this kernel with rod rom.
    04-23-2011 12:37 AM
    It was .6.
    I've since flashed to .4, but I have not yet tried installing Bumblebee with it. If the other people using CWMA .6 are the ones with issues, that may be the culprit, especially with obi confirming it flashes just fine with .4.

-K
    04-23-2011 12:57 AM
    Yeah seems that those of us using .6 were having the issues and that .4 will work. I am now using this kernel with Rodimus. It booted crazy fast and the boot ani doesn't freeze up anymore. I can tell when the OC on boot kicks in from the boot ani lol. Only problem is that my accelerometer isnt working anymore. Not sure why but eh...

Update: Tried flashing mmarz file for fixing some files from the Xionia kernel that he posted in the picasticks thread but didnt work.
    I think I'll try going into recovery, flashing the fix again, then flashing this kernel over it and see if that fixes it.

Update #2: The accelerometer does work without going in and reflashing. Works if I have an app open but it doesn't work on the home screen. Not that I care since I don't use it in Landscape mode for anything but Pandora and Navigation while I'm driving.

Still loving this Kernel on Rodimus...phones the fastest, response wise, that it's been since I originally opened up the packaging.
    04-23-2011 01:28 AM
    Am I like the only person who uses thunderc-v-1.2.0-GNM recovery? I think it's superior. I like the extended sd card format options, for ext3, and ext4. I don't think CWMA has it.
    04-23-2011 04:57 AM
    Yeah seems that those of us using .6 were having the issues and that .4 will work.
    .4_virgin is the last (only?) xionia cwma recovery specifically compiled for the V. It seems that .6, and other recoveries made for the S, will work most of the time for us, but there are some common issues that people report which aren't present if the .4_virgin recovery is used. (There actually may still be some issues with .4 since it was ported over from the S codebase, but they are fairly minimal).

If you've wiped and try to install the Bumblebee ROM but get a blue screen or some other reboot issue, then your recovery probably didn't do the wipe properly and left some residual files from the old ROM that conflict with the Bumblebee kernel.

I will be releasing my own Virgin-only recovery soon that should resolve these lingering problems people are having, and not just this ROM -- when people try to flash from one ROM to another, even after wiping, there are repeated problems with these S-based recoveries.

I am now using this kernel with Rodimus. It booted crazy fast and the boot ani doesn't freeze up anymore. I can tell when the OC on boot kicks in from the boot ani lol. Only problem is that my accelerometer isnt working anymore. Not sure why but eh...

Update: Tried flashing mmarz file for fixing some files from the Xionia kernel that he posted in the picasticks thread but didnt work.
    I think I'll try going into recovery, flashing the fix again, then flashing this kernel over it and see if that fixes it.

Update #2: The accelerometer does work without going in and reflashing. Works if I have an app open but it doesn't work on the home screen. Not that I care since I don't use it in Landscape mode for anything but Pandora and Navigation while I'm driving.
    There is a launcher setting that controls this (Menu->Settings->Display->Auto-rotate Screen). The launcher is part of the ROM, not the kernel. If you're not using the stock launcher, this setting may be somewhere else. I don't know whether Romidus uses the stock launcher or not.

Still loving this Kernel on Rodimus...phones the fastest, response wise, that it's been since I originally opened up the packaging.
    Glad you're liking the kernel. More stuff is on the way...
    04-23-2011 01:46 PM
    Ok I tried flashing this rom/kernel with all 3 of the recoveries, 4 if you count .4 and .6 seperately, and still get the blue fastboot screen. For testing purposes to eliminate a phone issue I flashed ALL of the other roms and they all still worked for me except this one. I even did a nandroid restore from right after I originally rooted my phone so everything was completely stock. Still having this issue. I started having fc on launcher last night on Rodimus/BB to tried these again with no luck. Guess I'll have to keep trying as I really want to give this a shot.

Update: Got this to work due to my willingness to fail a lot before I succeed lol. I had to, or this worked, use .6 to flash my nandroid backup. flash clockwork mod recovery. wipe everything. install the rom. wiped cache/delvick, installed kernel.
    FINALLY GOT IT TO BOOT! woohoo
    04-23-2011 02:14 PM
    Ok I tried flashing this rom/kernel with all 3 of the recoveries, 4 if you count .4 and .6 seperately, and still get the blue fastboot screen. For testing purposes to eliminate a phone issue I flashed ALL of the other roms and they all still worked for me except this one. I even did a nandroid restore from right after I originally rooted my phone so everything was completely stock. Still having this issue. I started having fc on launcher last night on Rodimus/BB to tried these again with no luck. Guess I'll have to keep trying as I really want to give this a shot.
    Ok, try this for me if you can: see first post for full-wipe zip
    This update zip is the same ROM and kernel, but it includes it's own wipe (it actually formats the data, cache, and system partitions before installing).

Let me know your results.
    04-23-2011 02:54 PM
    I'll try it in a bit. Going to do a nandroid back up of my current set up. Went back to Rodimus/BB Kernel as I love some of the things between his rom and your kernel that enable things so i can avoid using other apps. His lock screen for one. Plus his zip to remove the clock from the status bar. Your default OC at boot is awesome too. I fully appreciate the work that you two and many others have put into getting things where they are today.

Update when I'm done.

UPDATE: Obi that worked great. Just flashed over my Rodimus/BB setup without doing any manual wipes and everything works great. Didn't even have to re-install my apps. FYI...this is the first time I've flashed a ROM and not done a complete wipe before hand. Awesome job and thanks for the quick help in fixing this. You, sir, are another great dev added to a great community.
    04-23-2011 04:24 PM
    Has anyone been able to get 100 hours per charge like OP?
    04-23-2011 09:14 PM
    For anyone wondering, bumblebee's kernel seems to work just fine on Harmonia 1.0. I had to make the switch from Picasticks kernel, as the ext modules were not working for me. Which is needed if you want to use Links2SD, app2ext, etc...
    04-23-2011 09:22 PM
    Has anyone been able to get 100 hours per charge like OP?
    Just to clarify, what I said was that I get about 1% drain per hour when the phone is idle (by which I mean that the screen is off but the phone is still on). If I set it aside for 3 or 4 hours without touching it, there will only be about 3% drop, sometimes less. The other day I unplugged the phone at 7AM, got no calls or texts and didn't look at it until 10AM, and it still showed 99%. I haven't tested to see just how long it will last in an idle state, since I actually do use it. Of course this also highly depends on what apps you're running, whether they run in the background, whether widgets update even with the screen off, etc.
    04-23-2011 10:53 PM
    I've noticed that my phone will go several hours before it moves from 100%, but after that it seems to lose about 2-5% per hour.
    04-24-2011 12:33 AM
    I've noticed that my phone will go several hours before it moves from 100%, but after that it seems to lose about 2-5% per hour.
    I've noticed that too. I have deleted the battery stats file but it still does it.
    04-24-2011 12:39 AM
    Just curious how well will this play with asop?
    04-24-2011 05:12 AM
    You should try and let us know! lol
    04-24-2011 02:46 PM
    This kernel wouldn't boot for me on AOSP CM7, no mods...
    04-24-2011 06:41 PM
917 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD