05-01-2012 01:17 AM
917 ... 3031323334 ...
tools
    I installed BB and now everything is working great except that i cant get 3g or any mobile internet. I can make and receive phone calls and can access internet thru wifi, but no internet after diabling wifi. In about phone it says Mobile Network State Disconnected. Mobile Network setting has Data Enabled checked.

Any ideas?
    07-22-2011 02:44 AM
    I installed BB and now everything is working great except that i cant get 3g or any mobile internet. I can make and receive phone calls and can access internet thru wifi, but no internet after diabling wifi. In about phone it says Mobile Network State Disconnected. Mobile Network setting has Data Enabled checked.

Any ideas?
    Weird, I'm having the exact same problem ...
    Edit: except my status always says connecting
    07-22-2011 04:17 AM
    You guys have to Activate your phones. Go into settings, then about phone, and then hit the activate button.
    07-22-2011 06:44 AM
    I haven't touched the overclocking but I guess the built in overclock that comes with BB is just too much for my hardware to take
    It was that way for me too.

Just use the "No-frills CPU control" app that's built into BB to change your overclocking back down somewhat.

I found that 480-729 was stable for me, but you might want to try the stock 480-600 settings for a few days just to confirm that it fixes your problem.
    07-22-2011 01:41 PM
    I installed the Bumblebee ROM/kernel today after unsuccessfully trying several others. It freed up a lot of system memory for apps, that's for sure. As far as I can tell, everything works just like it supposed to and I've had no hiccups whatsoever. Great job!
    07-22-2011 03:17 PM
    This ROM is amazing. Battery life is ridiculously long with reasonable usage throughout the day.

Super quick. I can OC to about 800 no problem.

Has anyone been able to upgrade to the new market though?
    07-22-2011 03:21 PM
    You guys have to Activate your phones. Go into settings, then about phone, and then hit the activate button.
    My phones been working fine for 2 months..

Edit: you r the man. Activation button worked
    With the files in the open u can upgrade your market
    07-22-2011 03:48 PM
    My phones been working fine for 2 months..

Edit: you r the man. Activation button worked
    With the files in the open u can upgrade your market
    Just happy to help (: My phone did that since that since day 1 haha.
    07-22-2011 08:33 PM
    Any updates?
    07-23-2011 01:20 AM
    What happened to obijohn?
    Last activity: 06-29
    Nevertheless, BB is quite good!
    07-24-2011 01:22 AM
    Hey guys, just a quick question. I mistakenly restored system files from titanium backup after I installed BB. What's the process for reinstalling the same version of BB? Also will we eventually see a Gingerbread version of BB? Just newbie curiousity.

Thanks!

Mike
    07-24-2011 11:01 PM
    Hey guys, just a quick question. I mistakenly restored system files from titanium backup after I installed BB. What's the process for reinstalling the same version of BB? Also will we eventually see a Gingerbread version of BB? Just newbie curiousity.

Thanks!

Mike
    The last we heard regarding obi's development was that he was working on a gb kernel first. Not sure what is going on now but that was the last word.
    07-24-2011 11:06 PM
    How come theres no carrier name in the lockscreen? And the slider is semi discolored when sliding
    07-25-2011 12:13 AM
    How can I remove superuser on this rom? I tried titanium backup but superuser doesn't show up in the apps list.
    07-25-2011 04:03 PM
    How can I remove superuser on this rom? I tried titanium backup but superuser doesn't show up in the apps list.
    why would you want to remove that?
    07-25-2011 04:26 PM
    why would you want to remove that?
    Its running in the background and using up ram. I think you dont really even need it.
    07-25-2011 05:39 PM
    Its running in the background and using up ram. I think you dont really even need it.
    LOL...you remove it and then come back and tell us you had to put it back on there.
    07-25-2011 05:49 PM
    ...really..

For rooted users YES you do need it. Its what gives superuser permissions. WIthout it apps and such that require the su function will stop working.

But go ahead and remove it remember you were warned and told not a good move to remove it.
    07-25-2011 06:21 PM
    lol if you take out superuser you won't even able to use titanium backup since it requires superuser
    07-25-2011 06:33 PM
    Oh I didn't know that lol. Well my intercept doesn't have superuser and all root apps work including titanium backup.
    07-25-2011 07:03 PM
    Okay so I'm trying to figure something that's probably easy to figure out, I'm just a dolt. So I rooted my Optimus V, and I first flashed aospc cm7, which required g apps. I then wiped the device and installed BB 2.4 easily, everything is fine.

So I rooted my friend's Optimus V, and I give her BB 2.4 first, but her market never showed up. I installed aospc on her phone and her Market was back. I kept flashing g apps with the BB rom, was that the problem? I just want to figure it out before I go over there again tomorrow because she doesn't like aospc and wants what I have, which is BB. I just can't leave her hanging without a market though.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has already been discussed. :/
    07-25-2011 09:49 PM
    Okay so I'm trying to figure something that's probably easy to figure out, I'm just a dolt. So I rooted my Optimus V, and I first flashed aospc cm7, which required g apps. I then wiped the device and installed BB 2.4 easily, everything is fine.

So I rooted my friend's Optimus V, and I give her BB 2.4 first, but her market never showed up. I installed aospc on her phone and her Market was back. I kept flashing g apps with the BB rom, was that the problem? I just want to figure it out before I go over there again tomorrow because she doesn't like aospc and wants what I have, which is BB. I just can't leave her hanging without a market though.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has already been discussed. :/
    that's weird. you don't flash gapps with BB. just flash the rom
    07-25-2011 09:52 PM
    Anyone have the link to BumbleBee version 2.3?
    07-26-2011 12:15 PM
    that's weird. you don't flash gapps with BB. just flash the rom
    Thank you. Hopefully by not doing this the market will appear. After looking at the gapps title it I think the market was only meant for the Gingerbread ROM and not a Froyo ROM. I'm only used to rooting and flashing Windows phones so this is a whole new game for me. Haha.

Also, to the creator, I love the BB ROM! My phone is so much more enjoyable now. Thank you!
    07-26-2011 02:19 PM
    just flashed this yesterday. great stuff. glad that the ROM is already loaded in UOT Kitchen.

the only issue i have is that the Market isn't recognizing the apps i restored. the apps are working just fine and all, but when i open the market and click on "my apps", they're not showing up.
    07-28-2011 09:31 AM
917 ... 3031323334 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD