05-01-2012 01:17 AM
917 ... 3132333435 ...
tools
    just flashed this yesterday. great stuff. glad that the ROM is already loaded in UOT Kitchen.

the only issue i have is that the Market isn't recognizing the apps i restored. the apps are working just fine and all, but when i open the market and click on "my apps", they're not showing up.
    Does a reboot fix it? I had to reboot before an app I restored using Titanium Backup (from an older Bumblebee 2.2 install to my current Bumblebee 2.4 install) showed up in the "My Apps" list of the Market.
    07-28-2011 11:22 PM
    So I'm just wondering....what will happen when I run out of System Cache space? Will new apps just not install? Will the dalvik cache just go bonkers since this rom has the dalvik-cache feature?
    I'm currently down to 27megs free.
    Attachment 12733
    07-30-2011 11:04 AM
    On the OP it says:
    "My personal settings are 600-806/interactive and I get great battery life. With the screen off and 3G/wifi set to always be on, I see about 1% drain per hour. There's lots of discussion on the V and S subforums about CPU frequencies and battery life and optimal settings; feel free to browse them for all the interesting findings and info."

is everyone else able to get just 1% battery drain per hour with those settings? I have been reading through all the battery saving posts and my battery drain seems to be around 6-10% per hour...
    07-30-2011 02:55 PM
    On the OP it says:
    "My personal settings are 600-806/interactive and I get great battery life. With the screen off and 3G/wifi set to always be on, I see about 1% drain per hour. There's lots of discussion on the V and S subforums about CPU frequencies and battery life and optimal settings; feel free to browse them for all the interesting findings and info."

is everyone else able to get just 1% battery drain per hour with those settings? I have been reading through all the battery saving posts and my battery drain seems to be around 6-10% per hour...
    6-10% per hour is NOT normal. I get 1-3% per hour drain on mine, less overnight when the phone is idle.
    08-01-2011 11:34 AM
    obijohn, did he died? wheres the GB Rom he's supposed to be working on?
    08-01-2011 03:11 PM
    obijohn, did he died? wheres the GB Rom he's supposed to be working on?
    he hasn't logged on since 6/29. he disappeared
    08-01-2011 03:38 PM
    this is disappointing. though i prefer ath3nos to all other ROM's, i still appreciated the work he did for the OV. hopefully all is well with him. i know he had great ambitions of creating a gingerbread ROM.
    iiturnull likes this.
    08-01-2011 04:16 PM
    6-10% per hour is NOT normal. I get 1-3% per hour drain on mine, less overnight when the phone is idle.
    from my personal testing, the drain is about 1-3% when it's on wifi even with auto sync on, but when it's on 3g, the drain is about what i said. drain is 1% or less when on airplane mode (stayed at 100% the whole night). at this point i don't think anything is wrong with the phone or battery. i think the battery drain on 3g is more due to the signal.

any idea what i can do? i've already changed prl to the hybrid 61677
    08-02-2011 12:20 AM
    I accidently flashed a different build.prop from another site. Can anyone get me a flashable zip of the build.prop from bumblebee 2.4? Thanks
    08-02-2011 12:13 PM
    I'm going to try this one out, because Harmonia 1.3 and 1.31 absolutely destroy my battery. The other ROMs I found were a bit difficult to follow also. Even though this guy disappeared, and it looks like there won't be much updates for a while. It's only slightly older than a month and appears pretty solid. Hope OP is well.
    08-02-2011 04:36 PM
    He's still working on his new kernel. The gingerbread rom he mentioned would be very far off after his kernel.
    08-02-2011 05:28 PM
    I'm not sure why, but the battery use information is missing. It's just a blank screen. I also seem to drain just as fast as the other ROMs I tried. So I'm wondering if I need a better quality battery. I found a pair of 1600 mah batteries on Amazon for $23 marked down from $56. I have no money right now anyway, but maybe they'll be better than stock. Anyone ever replace their battery with something non-stock?

*Update

I re-flashed and the battery information screen was fixed.
    08-02-2011 07:57 PM
    anyone know how to control the ad blocking? i think it's making it so one of my apps (medscape) isn't able to view downloaded directories offline
    08-05-2011 11:48 PM
    I'm not sure why, but the battery use information is missing. It's just a blank screen. I also seem to drain just as fast as the other ROMs I tried. So I'm wondering if I need a better quality battery. I found a pair of 1600 mah batteries on Amazon for $23 marked down from $56. I have no money right now anyway, but maybe they'll be better than stock. Anyone ever replace their battery with something non-stock?

*Update

I re-flashed and the battery information screen was fixed.
    look at the accessories forum for the V, there's a 3000MaH battery with new back to your phone. Its a bit thicker, but if you don't mind...
    08-06-2011 03:27 PM
    can this be used on the optimus c too? please anyone ive searched but found little info on this
    08-08-2011 08:08 AM
    can this be used on the optimus c too? please anyone ive searched but found little info on this
    I would not attempt it.
    Each of the Optimus series phones seem to be slightly different in some fashion. So the likeliness of bricking is well above 50%.

If you can get a complete dump of a Optimus C Im sure blarf could compare and point the right person to the areas to change.
    notown likes this.
    08-08-2011 09:49 AM
    I would not attempt it.
    Each of the Optimus series phones seem to be slightly different in some fashion. So the likeliness of bricking is well above 50%.
    notown likes this.
    08-08-2011 09:49 AM
    I went back to this rom
    08-09-2011 03:08 PM
    I went back to this rom
    Yea this rom is the best.
    08-09-2011 03:21 PM
    Where can I find a good compilatation of themes and addons for this?
    08-09-2011 04:13 PM
    Where can I find a good compilatation of themes and addons for this?
    Post #2 on Harmonia has compatible statusbars themes and such, make sure you use the 1.3+, and not the 1.2 or you will break some features.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...installer.html

As well as:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...bee-2-1-a.html
    These are also linked in Harmonia's post #2.

Harmonia post #2 also has the Map flasher and a few other things.
    08-09-2011 04:30 PM
    Post #2 on Harmonia has compatible statusbars themes and such, make sure you use the 1.3+, and not the 1.2 or you will break some features.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...installer.html

As well as:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...bee-2-1-a.html
    These are also linked in Harmonia's post #2.

Harmonia post #2 also has the Map flasher and a few other things.
    Thanks. Ive been looking for somethin to make it look gingerbreadish.
    08-09-2011 07:56 PM
    Has anyone tried the xionia redux kernel for the optimus s on this rom? If so did you get better performance?
    08-10-2011 12:10 AM
    Hmm, strange one here. When I boot the phone with SD card in it, the phone crashes and boot loops when it tries to mount it. (If I leave the SD card out of the phone and then mount it after boot, no problem) Also, I get phone crash when turning on Wifi 100% of the time.

Have flashed the ROM about 5 times now, each time making sure to follow the instructions religiously in case I am making a stupid error.

Any suggestions?
    08-17-2011 02:48 PM
    Would like some pre-flashing advice.

I am interested in trying out my first custom ROM, Bumblebee seems to be widely loved, and I've read that everything works 100%.

What I've done so far...

Rooted with Gingerbreak
    Flashed ClockwordMod Cust. Rec. via ROM Manager (latest version)
    Made a backup in recovery, and restored from it, so that part is fine.

I've installed Titanium backup (free), Superuser, Busybox.
    I've partitioned my SD card using MiniTool and set up a 1GB partition for Link2sd.
    I use Launcher Pro Plus, and have backed up my homescreen settings.

All is working well.

So before I flash Bumblebee, what should I be doing? Here's what I THINK I should be doing...

1.) "Backup all user apps + system data" with Titanium backup (I also have Mybackup Root if that's a better backup option).
    2.) Do another ROM backup thru CWM just to make sure any changes I've made stick around.
    3.) Get Bumblebee on to my SD card.
    4.) Flash Bumblebee thru CWM Cust. Rec.
    5.) Restore apps + data with Titanium Backup
    6.) Restore Launcher Pro homescreen settings.

Is there anything I'm missing? After doing all that should everything be back where it was (apps, call history, text messages, phone activated, etc)?

Thanks in advance for any hints or advice!
    08-23-2011 09:47 AM
917 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD