05-01-2012 01:17 AM
917 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    Looks good, except for the system backup. Do not restore any system apps or data, it will screw up the new rom. After flashing, sign back into your google account and your contacts, email and such will reload automatically. Then you can go to the market, reinstall TI backup and restore your apps.
    Before flashing, in recovery wipe data, cache, under mounts and storage, format data, system, boot, and cache. Under advanced, wipe dalvik cache. Remember, never use the factory reset in the privacy menu unless you want a paperweight.
    08-23-2011 09:53 AM
    Looks good, except for the system backup. Do not restore any system apps or data, it will screw up the new rom. After flashing, sign back into your google account and your contacts, email and such will reload automatically. Then you can go to the market, reinstall TI backup and restore your apps.
    Before flashing, in recovery wipe data, cache, under mounts and storage, format data, system, boot, and cache. Under advanced, wipe dalvik cache. Remember, never use the factory reset in the privacy menu unless you want a paperweight.
    Which is the proper backup option in Titanium? Should I be doing App backup only? Does the "Backup All User Apps" selection in the Batch menu also backup the Apps' data?

Sent from my VM670
    08-23-2011 10:00 AM
    Bumblebee users, are you using the overclocking included with No-Frills CPU Control? Not sure if there's a downside to using it or if I should just set to to start at boot with the default settings and forget it's there.
    08-25-2011 09:06 PM
    I use no frills, I haven't had any problems that I'm aware of, is the bumblebee rom no longer getting updated? Or are we just waiting for the gingerbread code to be released? I had heard that we probably wont get an actual OTA update if we are running stock?
    08-26-2011 01:36 AM
    I use no frills, I haven't had any problems that I'm aware of, is the bumblebee rom no longer getting updated? Or are we just waiting for the gingerbread code to be released? I had heard that we probably wont get an actual OTA update if we are running stock?
    What settings are you using? default, or did you tweak it?
    08-26-2011 10:03 AM
    I was thinking of overclocking, but I read that under 480mhz isn't smart cause of something with the voltage. Is there a list of frequency-to-voltage settings or is it (voltage) all the same after a certain frequency has been reached?

Just trying to delicately balance performance and battery life.
    08-28-2011 01:07 AM
    does bumblebee include the "time without signal" fix?
    also, i just did a fresh install of bumblebee (wipe cache, data, dvalik) and now my optimus won't connect to my wifi! it was working fine yesterday on a CM 7.1 but now it won't connect. i have tried changing settings on the router, rebooting the router, nothing works. it will connect but say "obtaining IP address" forever. even setting a static IP doesn't work. any help/ideas?
    08-29-2011 02:07 AM
    Regarding the tws bug, yeah BB has this fix included. It's listed in the beginning of this thread.

Not sure about your wifi though. Hopefully someone can help with that.
    08-29-2011 07:16 AM
    Escalating memory limit problem:

I have root. I wiped, formatted, used update wiper, etc. etc. several times. I have no sd-ext, ext2/3/4 or anything like that. I use the native app2sd capabilities of froyo.

After flashing bumblebee, I restored many apps from Market and Amazon Market. When internal memory was around 60MB, nothing would download or install - sometimes the attempt would reboot the phone.

So, I used the Applications/Manage menu to manually move everything that could be moved to sd card. That gave me lots of memory back. Things installed like normal. Then when internal memory got back down to around 80MB, install/update/download problems again. Again I manually move what can be moved to sd card.

Then my limit was 104. Now my limit is around 130. I have 130MB of free space on the phone, but it acts like I have 20MB - no installs, no updates, some reboots. Cannot install from any file explorers either.

I had everything backed up in Titanium, but due to a previous post comment decided to redownload everything from scratch.

This did not happen on stock. Did not happen on Harmonia 1.5. This is the third time I've tried Bumblebee with same results (though it was not until this time that I identified the pattern).

Clearly, something is causing my free memory to look like full memory to something in the system. I install fairly standard apps that are popular on the Market, some games, etc.

Android system menus and all utility programs report that I've got 131-133MB of free space (depending on cache at the time, which I have been clearing regularly).

What should I try to reclaim my internal free space as actual usable space?

EDIT: Correction: Just for kicks, I tried to install something from Amazon again. Of course it worked. I can also install a .apk from Root Explorer. Still, Android Market will not even attempt to download. I don't even get a "download failed" in the status bar. I've cleared cache, market cache, google framework services. I've forced closed Market and GFS. I've rebooted. How can I get Market to work? Is there a setting somewhere I need to clear? Do I need to upgrade my Market app?
    08-30-2011 12:59 PM
    Is this rom still being supported? runs great on my phone, just wondering if Obijohn has discontinued the support of the rom
    09-03-2011 08:31 PM
    Is this rom still being supported? runs great on my phone, just wondering if Obijohn has discontinued the support of the rom
    I can't answer your question, but I did have a question for you. Do you happen to use Google Music Beta? If so, does it work with Bumblebee for you? I could not get it to work/stream properly, though it works perfectly on Harmonia and stock.
    09-03-2011 09:22 PM
    Tico, I use Google music and I happen to have the same problem as you. I'm sure is a problem with the BB rom not the BB kernel. Currently using stock+bb kernel.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    09-04-2011 10:56 AM
    No this rom is no longer active. The only ones that are is Harmonia for froyo and iho for GB.

Sent from my LG-VM670
    09-04-2011 12:52 PM
    Tico, I use Google music and I happen to have the same problem as you. I'm sure is a problem with the BB rom not the BB kernel. Currently using stock+bb kernel.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for confirming that for me!

Sent from my VM670
    09-04-2011 12:57 PM
    does bumblebee include the "time without signal" fix?
    also, i just did a fresh install of bumblebee (wipe cache, data, dvalik) and now my optimus won't connect to my wifi! it was working fine yesterday on a CM 7.1 but now it won't connect. i have tried changing settings on the router, rebooting the router, nothing works. it will connect but say "obtaining IP address" forever. even setting a static IP doesn't work. any help/ideas?
    lol... i have this same probelem trying to use IHO. works fine in bumblebee for me tho. would like to know if you find a fix for this as it could be the same.
    09-06-2011 08:10 AM
    Anyone using Bumblebee 2.4 able to update Google Maps to v5.10.0? I had no issues updating Google Maps up until v5.9.0, but now get a "Package File Invalid" after Google Maps v5.10.0 finishes downloading.

With any version of Bumblebee, I haven't been able to get HBO GO working either. It always remains on the "video loading" screen with the busy circle. Anyone else have better luck?
    09-12-2011 04:38 PM
    Did they remove the flash requirement for HBO GO?
    09-12-2011 06:17 PM
    Anyone using Bumblebee 2.4 able to update Google Maps to v5.10.0? I had no issues updating Google Maps up until v5.9.0, but now get a "Package File Invalid" after Google Maps v5.10.0 finishes downloading.

With any version of Bumblebee, I haven't been able to get HBO GO working either. It always remains on the "video loading" screen with the busy circle. Anyone else have better luck?

I'm unable to update to Google Maps 5.10.0 as well, receiving the "package file invalid" error as you describe. I haven't tried uninstalling 5.9.0 first and then just downloading the new google maps from the market though...this MAY solve the problem. After reading so many negative comments about the maps update I just decided to keep using the prior version since it works so well for me. Hope this helps.
    09-13-2011 03:17 PM

I'm unable to update to Google Maps 5.10.0 as well, receiving the "package file invalid" error as you describe. I haven't tried uninstalling 5.9.0 first and then just downloading the new google maps from the market though...this MAY solve the problem. After reading so many negative comments about the maps update I just decided to keep using the prior version since it works so well for me. Hope this helps.
    I had the same issue but I think I found a solution. Need to wipe cache and dalvik cache and try again. It worked for me.
    09-14-2011 08:08 AM

Mine updated to 5.10 on Bumblebee 2.4, but it took a few tries. I didn't wipe anything, just rebooted and waited a while. Quite a few updated apps have been doing the same for me.
    09-14-2011 09:48 AM
    Is Bumblebee 2.4 actually the best version, or is everyone using it beause it's the latest (and probably last) version? I've seen mention of prior 2.x versions working better for some.

My friend seems to have less issues with Bumblebee 1.9, and his Market automatically updated to the new version too. Was going to upgrade him to 2.4, but don't want to cause him any problems he's not experiencing now.
    09-14-2011 03:30 PM
    Did they remove the flash requirement for HBO GO?
    I don't think Flash was ever a requirement for HBO GO. It's been available for Optimus V users in the market since it was introduced, and I've seen people say it works fine for them on what I believe is stock firmware.
    09-14-2011 03:32 PM
    I had the same issue but I think I found a solution. Need to wipe cache and dalvik cache and try again. It worked for me.
    I'll have to give that a shot. I had tried wiping dalvik cache in recovery but not the regular cache, and it didn't work still. Dansho mentioned negative comments about the 5.10.0 version...hopefully it doesn't affect the Optimus V.
    09-14-2011 03:35 PM
    Is Bumblebee 2.4 actually the best version, or is everyone using it beause it's the latest (and probably last) version? I've seen mention of prior 2.x versions working better for some.

My friend seems to have less issues with Bumblebee 1.9, and his Market automatically updated to the new version too. Was going to upgrade him to 2.4, but don't want to cause him any problems he's not experiencing now.
    I don't have any issues with BB2.4, it's only just recently that the Market has been acting up and I figured it was something to do with Market, not the ROM.

BB2.4 overall is more smooth in my experience, I love it.
    09-14-2011 03:59 PM
    I had that for awhile and eventually "solved" it by reflashing the rom and installing it on the then fresh installation. It then had no issues installing.

I really love this rom, but am starting to look at IHO due to the lack of continuing support in the face of bugs like these. Too bad really because obijohn truly produced something worthy of respect that up until recently worked very well. I'll be sorry to see it go as the inevitable bitrot forces us to move on..

--bornagainpenguin
    09-18-2011 03:27 PM
917 ... 3233343536 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD