05-01-2012 01:17 AM
917 ... 3334353637
tools
    I never did figure out my app install problem. Android help told me to factory reset. Obijon elsewhere advised against ever doing a factory reset. What are the problems with Bumblebee and a factory reset?
    09-20-2011 03:33 PM
    I never did figure out my app install problem. Android help told me to factory reset. Obijon elsewhere advised against ever doing a factory reset. What are the problems with Bumblebee and a factory reset?
    If you do a data reset, do it from within recovery. Never use the factory reset in the phone's settings menu because it does not jibe with custom recoveries. Always reset through your recovery menu if you do so.
    blestou likes this.
    09-20-2011 03:37 PM
    It's not bumblebee, anytime you do a factory reset from within the rom with a custom recovery installed, you get a brick.

Factory reset from recovery only is fine.

Edit : Beat me to it :P
    blestou likes this.
    09-20-2011 03:38 PM
    I don't think any current roms, including this one even have that option. It was removed on this and Harmonia for sure.
    09-20-2011 09:13 PM
    Leslie, did your older (1.3.1) Harmonia have that in the settings? I don't recall. I would have to look at my wife's phone to say for sure. I haven't upgraded hers from 1.3.1. It works so good, she won't let me mess with it.

sent from my Brilliant Corners with Clemsyn Kernal Gtablet using Tapatalk
    09-20-2011 10:11 PM
    1.3 and later did not have it. BB lost it at 1.9 I think.
    If your wife has a good 1.3.1 install working, don't touch it.

Newer versions are just me trying to change the installer, there is nothing to gain. Though I may have found a fix to the new market, testing in a few minutes.
    jdcnosse likes this.
    09-20-2011 10:53 PM
    1.3 and later did not have it. BB lost it at 1.9 I think.
    If your wife has a good 1.3.1 install working, don't touch it.

Newer versions are just me trying to change the installer, there is nothing to gain. Though I may have found a fix to the new market, testing in a few minutes.
    I would only make changes if she complained. No complaints from her, BTW, she said to say thank you for this great ROM. She loves her phone. The factory slow ROM sucked.

sent from my Brilliant Corners with Clemsyn Kernal Gtablet using Tapatalk
    LeslieAnn likes this.
    09-20-2011 11:06 PM
    I am stuck with a rather odd issue as of late..I been using Bumble Bee 2.4 for 4 weeks now and loving it. But the issues I am experiencing are almsot dead on to was going on here.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...2011-a-15.html

Here are the things I have done in the past that may be related.
    1. Download new app from market place.
    2. Use Titanium Backup to create a backup.
    3. Use Titanium Backup to move app to SD card.
    4. Made a sandwich.
    5. Download the update for the new app.
    6. During installation and Bumble Bee goes nuts.
    7. Phone restarts, sometimes I have to remove the battery, and the installation never finishes.

I tried a couple things I thought maybe would work. Like moving the app to the phone's internal memory and trying to update it that way. No good results though. Bumble Bee still crashes like a made man. Does anyone have a idea?
    09-22-2011 11:10 PM
    Hi guys. I have a small problem. Flashed latest BB rom &everything works except the accelerometer. The screen no longer rotates into landscape. The appropriate box is checked in setting, but it still doesn't rotate.
    Sorry if this seems like a noob problem, but I am a noob. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    09-29-2011 10:02 AM
    Though I may have found a fix to the new market, testing in a few minutes.
    That's some very cool news right there! Looking forward to that possibility.
    09-29-2011 11:23 AM
    Hi guys. I have a small problem. Flashed latest BB rom &everything works except the accelerometer. The screen no longer rotates into landscape. The appropriate box is checked in setting, but it still doesn't rotate.
    Sorry if this seems like a noob problem, but I am a noob. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    try reflashing the rom after formatting cache, data, boot, and system in recovery.
    09-29-2011 12:22 PM
    I had the black screen problem. I had to use the xonia redux kernel, will that make a difference?
    09-29-2011 03:43 PM
    maybe.
    it'd be nice if someone recompiled obijohn's and picasticks' kernels with the config change for the new screens so the intended kernel versions could be used with roms.
    if I had the time... my woman says I spend too much on the computer anyway, and should make some money somehow instead
    09-29-2011 04:10 PM
    That's some very cool news right there! Looking forward to that possibility.
    Sorry, I lost where I had posted that info.

Unfortunately, it seems the fix resulted in a bootloop, so back to the drawing board.
    09-29-2011 04:54 PM
    Sorry, I lost where I had posted that info.

Unfortunately, it seems the fix resulted in a bootloop, so back to the drawing board.
    Oh well. Thanks for continuing to keep at this ROM (Harmonia of course) and trying to improve it even further.
    09-29-2011 09:53 PM
    With BB 2.4 and the stock Android web browser, I can't do Google searches. I see the Google tabs on top but the rest of the page is blank. Skyfire browser works fine.

Is this happening to anyone else? I wonder if it has to do with the built-in ad-blocking list included in BB ROM. It used to work fine, but it appears Google changed their search page.
    10-02-2011 03:52 AM
    try flashing this zip in recovery:
    hosts flashable zip
    even though it says signed, you'll probably have to turn off signature verification in recovery to get it to install.
    it's a more up-to-date adblocking hosts file.
    alternatively, you can use the stock hosts file, put it in /system/etc with a root explorer or adb.
    10-02-2011 10:06 AM
    Squid, glad to see you over here from back in the cdma gurus days.... anyway, quick question. Does this ROM support wifi tether like the IHO and Harmonia ROMs? I'd like to have it for my tablet. I'm on IHO, but having issues with it currently.

sent from my Calkulin+Clemsyn 7 Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk
    10-04-2011 11:56 PM
    The wireless tether in Bumblebee is in Settings > Wireless & Networks > Portable Hotspot
    10-05-2011 02:00 AM
    Download the "Quick Settings" app, it makes it easy to turn it on and off as well as a few other settings.
    10-05-2011 06:06 AM
    Excellent, thanks to you both.

sent from my Calkulin+Clemsyn 7 Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk
    10-05-2011 06:25 AM
    Great rom.
    10-05-2011 02:17 PM
    try flashing this zip in recovery:
    hosts flashable zip
    even though it says signed, you'll probably have to turn off signature verification in recovery to get it to install.
    it's a more up-to-date adblocking hosts file.
    alternatively, you can use the stock hosts file, put it in /system/etc with a root explorer or adb.
    Thanks, I'll give that a try and see if it solves the issue.

So nobody else is having this issue with BB 2.4?
    10-06-2011 07:55 PM
    What does Bumblebee ROM have that Harmonia doesn't? With Bumblebee ROM development essentially dead in the water, I was thinking of switching to an actively developed ROM the next time something goes wrong with it or I have the inclination to do a wipe and start over.
    10-06-2011 07:59 PM
    Reborn ROM is Froyo plus everything works perfectly right out of the zip. Also Bumblebee ROM text to sepacs does not work with tts applications other than navigation providing you can get the gmaps to log you in. Check out Reborn, it is a great rom, very fast, I get about 1% drain per 3 hours
    11-05-2011 07:50 PM
917 ... 3334353637
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD