05-01-2012 12:17 AM
917 ... 34353637
tools
    Reborn ROM is Froyo plus everything works perfectly right out of the zip. Also Bumblebee ROM text to sepacs does not work with tts applications other than navigation providing you can get the gmaps to log you in. Check out Reborn, it is a great rom, very fast, I get about 1% drain per 3 hours
    I found Harmonious Bumblebee, which works great for me.

1% drain per 3 hours would mean 12.5 days on one charge. I'm happy to get 2 days out of my phone. I'm in a low reception area and don't mind plugging in the phone at night, so tend to refrain from going out of my way to prolong battery life.
    11-06-2011 11:25 PM
    I haved a optimus vm670 i need to install adobe flash to play movies what app can you give me thanks. Its rooted by the way.
    11-19-2011 10:55 AM
    Great ROM with only two minor bugs, 1, the new market does not work, 2, the TTS does not work you have to install a seperate engine which is not a big deal, I use Espeak which is free. Also, if you have trouble with maps just click on the ! up top and allow access, you will see what I am talking about. I love the Kernal, I have used this Kernal with other ROMs also, it rocks. Great job on the ROM, I hope you get the new market working. Right now this ROM and Reborn ROM are the very best. I use Reborn with the Bumblebee Kernel and and everything works 100% even the new market. Also, I get about 1% bat drain per 3 hours, you can't touch that!!! I set my CPU to 600 max & 120 Min for that kind of payload with Nofrills CPU. I wish somebody could make a GB ROM that didn't have all the Bloatware crap & could get good bat life. When I tried a GB ROM and was getting about 3% drain per hour vs 1% drain per 3 hours I freaked LOL. Anyway, this is a great ROM, I have tried them all, keep up the good work...
    11-25-2011 05:43 PM
    2 days isn't bad at all, when I say 1% per 3 hours, I mean that is just standby time; phone on but not talking on it. Also, I have noticed in areas with low signal it is faster drain...
    11-25-2011 05:50 PM
    Great ROM with only two minor bugs, 1, the new market does not work, 2, the TTS does not work you have to install a seperate engine which is not a big deal, I use Espeak which is free. Also, if you have trouble with maps just click on the ! up top and allow access, you will see what I am talking about. I love the Kernal, I have used this Kernal with other ROMs also, it rocks. Great job on the ROM, I hope you get the new market working. Right now this ROM and Reborn ROM are the very best. I use Reborn with the Bumblebee Kernel and and everything works 100% even the new market. Also, I get about 1% bat drain per 3 hours, you can't touch that!!! I set my CPU to 600 max & 120 Min for that kind of payload with Nofrills CPU. I wish somebody could make a GB ROM that didn't have all the Bloatware crap & could get good bat life. When I tried a GB ROM and was getting about 3% drain per hour vs 1% drain per 3 hours I freaked LOL. Anyway, this is a great ROM, I have tried them all, keep up the good work...
    The market is not a problem with the kernel, it's an issue with the framework files. Reborn was built by those with a lot more resources and knowledge and I suspect from source. The latest Bumblebee has the same problem as Harmonia with the Market (I consulted Obijohn on the power mod and the files between both are pretty much identical and the cause of the problem). It's a matter of how the files are signed and a change on version 3 in regards to security. The new Market works, you just cannot make purchases. Also, Obijohn has been gone a while, don't expect any updates.

120mhz is actually not supported on the CPU if I remember correctly. I beleive it is actually running at 240. 1% per hour is probably a slight battery miscalculation.
    11-26-2011 01:44 AM
    Every time I try doing this, I reboot I only get a black screen. It isn't bricked because I am always able to restore it. Any help? I'm running CyangenMod- 7.2.0 BACKSide.
    01-02-2012 07:43 PM
    Every time I try doing this, I reboot I only get a black screen. It isn't bricked because I am always able to restore it. Any help? I'm running CyangenMod- 7.2.0 BACKSide.
    It sounds like you have a newer OV. After you flash Bumblebee you will need to flash the kernel from this link -> http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/128820-kernel-oc-picasticks-v7-recompiled-new-ov-screens-new-post.html Just flash that kernel right after flashing Bumblebee (do not reboot in-between flashing the ROM and kernel.) I'm not sure if it will actually work on bumblebee. I have an old Optimus V.
    01-02-2012 08:04 PM
    That should work. You could also just flash Harmonia 1, you end up with the same thing pretty much.
    01-03-2012 01:25 AM
    That should work. You could also just flash Harmonia 1, you end up with the same thing pretty much.
    Hell, if he does Harmonia 1 he might as well just run Harmonia 2..

I'm happy with BB though.
    All depends on what kind of Cake you want..

Tapatalk via LG Optimus V
    01-03-2012 01:36 AM
    I personally like BB, that's what I run. I inverted all the colors in the status bar so it looks awesome. I like the gingerbread minimalism in the status bar, but the icons in HARMONIA2 were kinda wacky and the theme manager wouldn't change all the icons. You can probly set me strait as to how to get them stock looking LeslieAnn... I tried combining a framework-res.apk that had stock ginger icons, and I alsp replaced the services.jar and framework-res.jar thinking it would work. What happened was that all the icons changed except the service icons (3g and bars), so I'm wondering where those are located. Also, it booted fine the first time, but then it bootlooped the second time and wouldn't boot... is that from replacing the framework?
    01-03-2012 07:57 AM
    You can't just grab any framework and expect it to work.
    Services jar controls the color, but that mostly pertained to Froyo. Lge-Rez contained the service Icons, but a gain, Froyo. Not only is H2 gingerbread, but it's CM Gingerbread. You can't interchange non CM with CM parts and expect things to work.

Use UOT Kitchen to change the icons.
    Or just simply use a Mirage build or a "pure" CM build. You might get one of those frameworks to swap if nothing else.
    01-03-2012 04:22 PM
    Hehehe, I guess I learned that the hard way... I replaced stuff in a harmonia and a cm7 rom and wrecked both and had to start over. I even had the stupidity of trying to interchange boot images. I flashed jerryscript's iho rom and that's working fine (I didn't screw with the framework yet, just replaced the launcher). I just use 7zip to change icons, it works perfectly for me... most of the time
    01-03-2012 05:21 PM
    does anyone know where to get this rom? all the links are dead!!!!
    01-23-2012 11:30 AM
    The links are dead? Great!

It means people will stop trying to flash an outdated rom that black screens newer phones.
    Eollie and 00_wrath_00 like this.
    01-23-2012 03:47 PM
    does anyone know where to get this rom? all the links are dead!!!!
    RapidShare link still works.
    01-24-2012 10:50 PM
    I installed the 2.6.32.9 bumblebee@cybertorn Kernel and it works prefectly on the stock ROM, but I'm using the Simple & Powerful Configuration of CPU Turner with the CPU overclocked to 806MHz.
    Badboytoast likes this.
    02-06-2012 11:56 PM
    could you post a link to the kernel. zip, and which recovery did you use?
    02-07-2012 12:02 AM
    Just installed the ROM and it works great, installed it by way of ROM Manger and the install worked like a charm. Did a full backup before doing so and ROM Manger's Clockwork recovery. Now that I have the full internal App Partition, do not need the SD-Card to be Partitioned.

@Badboytoast
    Go to first page of this thread, and the links are there for both the ROM and the Kernel. Us the Rapid Download link as it is the only one still working.

Side note, the ROM Manger's Clockwork Recovery does not go in to Recovery loop as long as you wait for a minute before booting in to recovery.
    02-07-2012 12:23 PM
    Stop using rom manager!
    Eollie likes this.
    02-07-2012 03:00 PM
    @LeslieAnn

Jost flashed a new recovery, so uninstalling ROM Manger, happy now
    02-07-2012 05:06 PM
    @LeslieAnn

Jost flashed a new recovery, so uninstalling ROM Manger, happy now
    Doesn't matter to me, but in 3 week when your phone is still working, you will be.
    02-07-2012 05:19 PM
    Found out that Rom Manger was keeping my phone for unmounting the sd-card so that my computer would detect it. Stupid ROM Manger, it could have been the buggy recovery that was keeping the sd-card from unmounting; either way gad I don't need it anymore.
    02-07-2012 07:24 PM
    @earthnfire
    are you still using stock and oc kernel??
    02-07-2012 07:32 PM
    @Babboytoast

I jflashed the Bumblebee ROM which as the OC Kernel, about 10 hours ago. The OC Kernel does work very well on the Stock ROM, plus it takes out the annoying Virgin Mobile Boot Splash Screen.
    02-07-2012 07:37 PM
    Last time I flash updated bb rom, I couldn't download roms online, I got a message saying some thing like "not supported on your on your phone" it something like that could you confer this? ???
    02-07-2012 07:47 PM
917 ... 34353637
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD