05-01-2012 12:17 AM
917 ... 678910 ...
tools
    hmm I dont know if this is an isolated case or not, but when I toggle off usb debug mode, the usb mode did not come on as usb storage....in version 1.15. I had to flash on other rom
    05-05-2011 11:10 PM
    Oh great now my phone wont boot passed the android screen.......
    05-05-2011 11:22 PM
    followed the install instruction......tried rebooting it again and its stuck at android loading screen again.
    05-05-2011 11:25 PM
    The "full wipe" install zip is now stripped down to an update zip that only wipes (but wipes good).
    Does the "wiper" zip use Edify or Amend scripting? Just wondering if it is compatible for use with the ClockwordMod recovery.

Great job on the ROM, btw. Now all I have to do is figure out how to move the dalvik cache to /cache (in order to free up more room in /data for apps), and this ROM will be perfect (for me).
    05-05-2011 11:28 PM
    Stuck on the Android boot screen too
    05-05-2011 11:34 PM
    Waiting for Harmonia update tonight to reflash and let john fix the booting issue.
    05-05-2011 11:42 PM
    One problem is that just about any setup for it will get hosed if the use wipes data and/or cache in recovery (if they wipe data, it wipes the link or bind mount, if they wipe cache, the link or bind will not point to anything when the phone boots) resulting in boot loops and other nasties.
    From what I remember with my Motorola Droid, can't the Dalvik cache be setup in the ROM to rebuild itself whenever there is a wipe of /data, /cache, or Dalvik-cache? It seems like if that functionality can be replicated here, the nasties will go away. Just a thought (and I am sure that I do NOT know fully what I am talking about).

Anyways, great job on the ROM (and sorry I didn't read about the infrastructure mode)
    05-05-2011 11:42 PM
    ROM having boot loop issues (even after wipe 2x of /data, /cache and /system, and install of wiper.zip). Still working on fixing.

One more thing I should have commented on right off the bat: You may want to update your system busybox to v.1.18.4 (or 1.19). Your call on whether you want the newer busybox (which is 2-3 times larger than the 1.16.0 installed) in your ROM.

I will put ROM through its paces and report back with any additional issues. But, I LOVE the prior version, and looking forward to this one as well.
    05-05-2011 11:57 PM
    Boot loop problems
    wipe and installed several times
    05-06-2011 12:43 AM
    Boot loop problems
    wipe and installed several times
    Wow, I removed a couple of lib*.so files accidentally, so the wipe/install process gets hosed resulting in the boot loops. Updating from a working install of Bumblebee works fine. I'll edit the first post so that people know this is good for an update only, until I get the fixed zip uploaded. I want to test it to make sure, so it will be tomorrow morning (my time), say in about 9 hours or so from this post.
    citizeninsane89 likes this.
    05-06-2011 01:07 AM
    Well I reinstalled the previous version and tried to just do an update and the gapps and skips the wipe and it is still looping the android screen.
    05-06-2011 01:17 AM
    Can confirm that the update works fine. It did erase some apps I had moved into the system partition though, no big deal.
    I did not do any wipes before updating, first boot got stuck, pulled the battery and second boot was quick.

Thanks! Loving the rom
    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    05-06-2011 01:20 AM
    Wow, I removed a couple of lib*.so files accidentally, so the wipe/install process gets hosed resulting in the boot loops. Updating from a working install of Bumblebee works fine. I'll edit the first post so that people know this is good for an update only, until I get the fixed zip uploaded. I want to test it to make sure, so it will be tomorrow morning (my time), say in about 9 hours or so from this post.
    Thank you for the follow-up, obijohn. I'm looking forward to trying out your ROM because of the purported 50% TWS fix. Is there a thread where I can read how the fix was implemented, and what the bug was in the first place?
    05-06-2011 01:31 AM
    A note on your kernel. I can't get any data2ext script to work consistently with it. It will either randomly work from boot to boot, or it will appear to work but not permanently/correctly write any of the changes to the ext partition. When I try the other kernels with the exact same rom/system it works. I have yet to try this rom yet, but has anyone gotten data2ext to work with the Bumblebee rom+kernel combo?

BTW, does this rom currently look stock or have you tweaked it? A few pics would be nice in the description.
    05-06-2011 02:45 AM
    Just flashed the new ROM on top of the old version. The internal memory is down to 24MB from 95MB before the install. Most of the apps are still linked to SD using Link2SD. I don't know what's eating up the memory.

Do I need to do a full clean and reinstall to regain the space?
    05-06-2011 09:07 AM
    Just flashed the new ROM on top of the old version. The internal memory is down to 24MB from 95MB before the install. Most of the apps are still linked to SD using Link2SD. I don't know what's eating up the memory.

I'm having the same issue....
    05-06-2011 10:22 AM
    Ok, the "can't boot after wipe" fix is up. Turns out a first clean bootup when installing after a wipe just doesn't like my new framework changes, but after a first boot without the new framework, installing the new framework (for the TWS fix and reboot/recovery changes) all plays nice. First post is updated. Hopefully I'll figure out why it's causing a problem on first clean boot so it won't have to be a separate zip.

A note on your kernel. I can't get any data2ext script to work consistently with it. It will either randomly work from boot to boot, or it will appear to work but not permanently/correctly write any of the changes to the ext partition. When I try the other kernels with the exact same rom/system it works. I have yet to try this rom yet, but has anyone gotten data2ext to work with the Bumblebee rom+kernel combo?

BTW, does this rom currently look stock or have you tweaked it? A few pics would be nice in the description.
    You might want to check permissions on the init.d script. The new updater-script makes sure any scripts in init.d have the correct permissions, but this wasn't checked before.

As for the look, it's stock (which is why I haven't posted any pics). I guess I should.

The only time I've seen this happen is when Link2SD get's confused about what's linked and what's not. You might want to try unlinking everything, reboot into recovery and wipe sd-ext, then reboot and re-link again.
    05-06-2011 11:03 AM
    I Just went into Link2SD and realized that i had to Re-Link all the dalvik cache files.. all my free space is back
    05-06-2011 11:11 AM
    I Just went into Link2SD and realized that i had to Re-Link all the dalvik cache files.. all my free space is back
    Yup. That was the problem. Thanks for finding that. I'm back to 95MB.

It was a pain though to go through all the apps. Wish there was a batch operation in Link2SD.
    05-06-2011 11:31 AM
    Reboot and Recovery are now options in the power button dialog.
    Thanks for this!!! Also, thanks for providing MD5 Checksums. I'll be moving from Rodimus to BB or Harmonia shortly since development for Rodimus hit a wall when the dev bricked their phone.
    05-06-2011 11:53 AM
    Thank you for the follow-up, obijohn. I'm looking forward to trying out your ROM because of the purported 50% TWS fix. Is there a thread where I can read how the fix was implemented, and what the bug was in the first place?
    The bug is in the Android Froyo source file BatteryStatsImpl.java located in the source tree at frameworks/base/core/java/com/android/internal/os, specifically in this function:
    Code:
    public void notePhoneStateLocked(int state) {
        int bin = mPhoneSignalStrengthBin;
      <...snip...>
        // If we're back in service or continuing in service, restart the old timer.
        if (state == ServiceState.STATE_IN_SERVICE) {
            if (bin == -1) bin = SIGNAL_STRENGTH_NONE_OR_UNKNOWN;
            if (!mPhoneSignalStrengthsTimer[bin].isRunningLocked()) {
                mPhoneSignalStrengthsTimer[bin].startRunningLocked(this);
            }
      <...snip...>
    This line is the culprit, which doesn't update mPhoneSignalStrengthBin when it should:
    Code:
    if (bin == -1) bin = SIGNAL_STRENGTH_NONE_OR_UNKNOWN;
    The fix is to change that one line to:
    Code:
    if (bin == -1) bin = mPhoneSignalStrengthBin = SIGNAL_STRENGTH_NONE_OR_UNKNOWN;
    There's a more detailed explanation of if here.
    05-06-2011 06:14 PM
    ^^ Did that bug ever actually affect battery life or was it just a visual bug?
    05-06-2011 06:39 PM
    ^^ Did that bug ever actually affect battery life or was it just a visual bug?
    I only have half a day of usage but it seems to help with battery.

Before the update, I was at 5%/hour with the last version. Today, I'm down below 4%/hour.

I'll see how it does with a full day of usage tomorrow.
    05-06-2011 06:44 PM
    Version 1.18, is not working with data2ext. I did verify permissions on the script (chmod'ed it to 755). Once data2ext is enabled, the rom will not finish booting up. It freezes at the Android loading screen.

Running 'data2ext --disable" via adb lets the rom finish booting (this disables data2ext). Any fixes?

Edit #1: Links2SD works fine.
    Edit #2: Scratch that, Links gives a error when creating some links, not all.
    Edit #3: Recreating ext4 partition. Thinking maybe the commands from data2ext might be interfering.
    Edit #4: Yep, that fixed the link errors.

05-06-2011 10:04 PM
    Version 1.18, is not working with data2ext. I did verify permissions on the script (chmod'ed it to 755). Once data2ext is enabled, the rom will not finish booting up. It freezes at the Android loading screen.

Running 'data2ext --disable" via adb lets the rom finish booting (this disables data2ext). Any fixes?

Edit #1: Links2SD works fine.
    Edit #2: Scratch that, Links gives a error when creating some links, not all.

There are lots of data2ext scripts floating around, which one are you using? Let me take a look at it and I'll see if I can figure out.

I've got over 50 apps linked with Link2SD and I've never had that error. Maybe it's your sdcard? What class is it?
    05-06-2011 10:51 PM
917 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD