ARCHIVED: [ROM+Kernel] ~*~ Bumblebee 2.4 ~*~ (6/25/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok forgive my ignorance here, but....

This new update posted on 6/25, is it a new kernel I need to install?
Or is it just the BB source code that was needed to be posted?

Once again I apologize, I'm very new to androids and mods.
Trying to catch on though.

Thanks in advance.

PS. Thanks for all your hard work Obijohn

Its the source code

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok forgive my ignorance here, but....

This new update posted on 6/25, is it a new kernel I need to install?
Or is it just the BB source code that was needed to be posted?

Once again I apologize, I'm very new to androids and mods.
Trying to catch on though.

Thanks in advance.

PS. Thanks for all your hard work Obijohn

Its just the source, its cool, everyone was a noob at one point, just read a few pages back and most of the time your answer is already there

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] ~*~ Bumblebee 2.4 ~*~ (6/11/2011)

And all my mods to the ROM are transparent in the ROM zip itself (including the TWS bugfix, which is done as a decompile/edit/recompile of some jars -- and I have provided all that info to LeslieAnn so she could include it in her ROM, and I'll be happy to provide it to anyone else who asks, but I didn't use source code to do it so the GPL doesn't apply here).

Which is a good point.

If you ask one of us how to do something, we will try and tell you, though sometimes we may just say it's probably more in depth than you want to bother with, but even then, if you want it, we will tell you. That isn't to say there isn't a competitive spirit, but we will help each other at the drop of a hat.

Thank you for your help, Obijohn. :D

MarkD426

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having update problems for SuperUser with BB? It attempts then fails.

EDIT - Never Mind, clicked that fancy nice looking Search button... Sorry

EDIT 2 - This did not work
Yes, superuser was fixed in this release and is upgradable. If you get this error, it means that dalvik-cache didn't get wiped properly before upgrading to 2.4. The recommended fix is to reboot into recovery, wipe cache (not data), then go to "mounts and storage" and format cache to be sure it's wiped. Since dalvik-cache is on the cache partition with Bumblebee 2.3+, it's not necessary to wipe dalvik-cache specifically, wiping cache will do it. Reboot will take a couple of minutes since dalvik-cache has to be rebuilt.

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having update problems for SuperUser with BB? It attempts then fails.

EDIT - Never Mind, clicked that fancy nice looking Search button... Sorry

Did you try the su update fixer you can get from market?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

Try the update fixer. Type superuser in the search and the fix should come up.

It fixes some permissions. It might even say that the operation failed but it installed superuser fine after that.

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Will the new kernel have undervolt? That would be awesome! Are there any disadvantages of undervolting?

So is 806-806 really the best for battery life? How about 806-600?
Most phones will not be able to run at 806, it's just too high to be stable. My phone won't go past 748 without instability. I'd recommend 480 as the lowest and then set your high limit at a value where your phone is stable at all times.

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Most phones will not be able to run at 806, it's just too high to be stable. My phone won't go past 748 without instability. I'd recommend 480 as the lowest and then set your high limit at a value where your phone is stable at all times.

My phone is stable at 806. I set it to 806 max and min. Its working pretty good. Set it about two days ago, haven't had any problems at all. I can up to the highest 864 and it still works great. But as mmarz stated, 806 is the best for battery life.

MarkD426

May 12, 2011
Visit site
My phone is stable at 806. I set it to 806 max and min. Its working pretty good. Set it about two days ago, haven't had any problems at all. I can up to the highest 864 and it still works great. But as mmarz stated, 806 is the best for battery life.
I've read around that yes 806 is good for battery life, but not if your streaming (lets say Pandora). Any experience with that?

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I've read around that yes 806 is good for battery life, but not if your streaming (lets say Pandora). Any experience with that?

Im never streaming, so I don't have to worry about that. Battery wastes pretty quick when using youtube or opera, but I think thats normal.

Btw, can anything be done to bypass the no battery screen when we power up our phones off the charger without the battery? It would be great to use our phones off ac power without killing our battery.

Any chance of making an undervolted kernel?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Im never streaming, so I don't have to worry about that. Battery wastes pretty quick when using youtube or opera, but I think thats normal.

Btw, can anything be done to bypass the no battery screen when we power up our phones off the charger without the battery? It would be great to use our phones off ac power without killing our battery.

:D youtube = streaming

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

undervolting has no positive effects for this phone

olmos.lalo

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Hmm have you thought about porting the rom over to the S? I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for you(;

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
undervolt != underclock

They are two different things. We can underclock, not undervolt on the Optimus V. Underclocking doesn't help battery life, but undervolting would if we could do it.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Hmm have you thought about porting the rom over to the S? I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for you(;

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

I did some experiments with this (ported Harmonia over), and it worked, but not great, which to be honest was more than I expected.

It's much harder developing for a phone you don't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie