ARCHIVED: [ROM+Kernel] ~*~ Bumblebee 2.4 ~*~ (6/25/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(318561)

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay I've reached the end of my rope. I came from this ROM from Reborn and Bumblebee seems cool but the main thing that caught my attention was the davlik mod and that's why I left Reborn to see what all the hype was about.

Bumblebee seems pretty cool but after the first few days, I started having trouble installing and updating apps. I keep getting package not installed errors or if I'm updating an app from the market, it will start downloading for a couple of second and then stop without any errors.

I've tried clearing my cache, using Market Doctor in Titanium, Tried installing apps from the Market, Amazon Appstore and my SD card, gone into recovery and cleared cache and davlik-cache and none of it really helps. I'm tempted to believe that maybe I had a bad download but before I go back to resetting my whole system backup, I thought it would be beneficial to see if you guys had an idea of what's wrong.

P.S.

I did clear cache, davlik cache installed wiper and all that before I installed this ROM.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
It isn't dead he has been devoting time to his gb project and I'm sure his "real" life. People tend to forget devs have those.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

elmerf

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Bumblebee seems pretty cool but after the first few days, I started having trouble installing and updating apps. I keep getting package not installed errors or if I'm updating an app from the market, it will start downloading for a couple of second and then stop without any errors.

I've tried clearing my cache, using Market Doctor in Titanium, Tried installing apps from the Market, Amazon Appstore and my SD card, gone into recovery and cleared cache and davlik-cache and none of it really helps. I'm tempted to believe that maybe I had a bad download but before I go back to resetting my whole system backup, I thought it would be beneficial to see if you guys had an idea of what's wrong.

Do you know that BumbleBee is overclocked from the original factory 600MHz to 768MHz by default?

I was getting the occasional crash and strange behavior with the default settings. After I did a clean reinstall using the non-overclocked kernel I found that I could only overclock up to 729MHz on my phone without the occasional error.

The phone has been rock solid with BumbleBee ever since I did that.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

dansho

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Having trouble updating the newest google map...I am receiving "package file was not signed properly" error when attempting to install the update. When I originally installed obijohn's bumblebee 2.4 ROM I first performed a complete wipe and format (data, cache, dalvik-cache and formatted boot, system, date, and cache)...and then installed his ROM, launched into the ROM and finally rebooted into recovery again and installed his "update gapps-bb_1.3.zip" package. All other market updates are downloaded and installed without issue...do I need to reflash this zip package? Thanks in advance for the assistance!

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Having trouble updating the newest google map...I am receiving "package file was not signed properly" error when attempting to install the update. When I originally installed obijohn's bumblebee 2.4 ROM I first performed a complete wipe and format (data, cache, dalvik-cache and formatted boot, system, date, and cache)...and then installed his ROM, launched into the ROM and finally rebooted into recovery again and installed his "update gapps-bb_1.3.zip" package. All other market updates are downloaded and installed without issue...do I need to reflash this zip package? Thanks in advance for the assistance!

if you flashed 2.4 you don't flash the gapps zip. you just go to market and download all the google apps

dansho

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
if you flashed 2.4 you don't flash the gapps zip. you just go to market and download all the google apps

I do understand that now...unfortunately I DID flash the gapps.zip and I'm unable to update google maps...any other suggestions on how to remedy this?...thanks again!

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

I do understand that now...unfortunately I DID flash the gapps.zip and I'm unable to update google maps...any other suggestions on how to remedy this?...thanks again!

No real options really, you could try a dirty flash of the rom but otherwise you will likely need to wipe the phone and start over.

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

try uninstalling then installing? if that doesn't work you need to wipe and flash

emk2

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
are there any idiot proof guides on how to install this ROM? Do you need to rename the various zips to Update.zip to flash them?

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
are there any idiot proof guides on how to install this ROM? Do you need to rename the various zips to Update.zip to flash them?

You should just be able to put it on your sd card, usually the root is easiest, and then go into flash zip from sd card and flash it. Then again might vary depending on the recovery you are using.

emk2

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
So with xionia recovery theres no need to rename files to recovery.zip to flash them? cool.

Any easy guides out there on how to flash recovery? Is that the step where I need to download the recovery, rename it recovery.zip, and then reboot into stockrecovery and flash it from the SD card?

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I might be going back to version 2.3, 2.4 just rebooted on me today while driving to work with pandora running, this never happen with 2.3.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The new market works on stock rooted so its not only a gb market. It just seems not to work on all the 2.2 ROMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE