ARCHIVED: [ROM+Kernel] ~*~ Bumblebee 2.4 ~*~ (6/25/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm still waiting for Obi's GB rom. I can't bring myself to use anything 2.2 anymore, lol. I think a perfect name would be gingerbee or bumblebread...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

daryllh

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I had a weird thing happen when I restored a backup.

I left this ROM for a couple days to try out a GB ROM. Made a backup and successfully went back to it last night.

I have the voice mail icon showing 1 message. I can't seem to get rid of it. I don't have a message and I've rebooted phone but that didn't work.

Aside from wiping the phone, is there something I can do to make it go away?

krowley3

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I had a weird thing happen when I restored a backup.

I left this ROM for a couple days to try out a GB ROM. Made a backup and successfully went back to it last night.

I have the voice mail icon showing 1 message. I can't seem to get rid of it. I don't have a message and I've rebooted phone but that didn't work.

Aside from wiping the phone, is there something I can do to make it go away?

I had the same thing happen. Easy to fix. Call and leave yourself a voicemail from another phone. Check it and erase it and the icon will go away too.:D

Reactions: daryllh

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I got another reboot while I was browsing these forums on 3g. Gonna try uninstalling a few apps I have downloaded recently. I'm using autorun manager, could it be the problem?

chymmylt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
My optimus randomly shut off today while I was using mms. Not sure if its the roms fault.

Yeah - I've been running this rom for a couple of weeks now and it's been great but lately I have been getting random reboots and shutdowns lately. :( Also when charging and running Navigation lately I've been getting a lot of heat sensor warnings that persist until I A: remove the power - B: quit navigation or C: remove the back panel and hold the phone in front of the AC vent in my car.

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah - I've been running this rom for a couple of weeks now and it's been great but lately I have been getting random reboots and shutdowns lately. :( Also when charging and running Navigation lately I've been getting a lot of heat sensor warnings that persist until I A: remove the power - B: quit navigation or C: remove the back panel and hold the phone in front of the AC vent in my car.

Sounds like you might have it OC too high. I usually keep mine at 806, but if I'm gonna play Pandora for a while I'll plug it in and clock it back down to 600 too keep from overheating. I never have OVERheated it, but it does get hot if I plug it in at 806 with apps going.

oner14

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Umm I was wondering if some one could help me I'm some what a.noob I flashed every thing and I'm running on bb2.4 but idk if I'm using the newest kernel ... I downloaded it to and it kinda pizzled me that it didn't end in. Zip so I compressed it and then flashed it but then I think it said error so idk can some one tell me if I instlled it right

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Umm I was wondering if some one could help me I'm some what a.noob I flashed every thing and I'm running on bb2.4 but idk if I'm using the newest kernel ... I downloaded it to and it kinda pizzled me that it didn't end in. Zip so I compressed it and then flashed it but then I think it said error so idk can some one tell me if I instlled it right

The kernel is included already in the rom when you flash it. The kernel source that is in the OP posted in .tar format is pre-compiled source code.

Reactions: oner14

sd_matto

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth DUN - How to make it work??

So I have BB 2.4 installed.

I tried using bluetooth DUN (i.e., using iBluever on iPod Touch 3G). I can get pairing, but it says that the DUN Service is not available.

Which caused me to look deeper, where I found, in the file /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db, the following entry (under system): "61 bt_svcst_bluetooth_dun 0". I changed the value "0" to "1", rebooted, and . . . same result; I can get pairing, but it says that the DUN Service is not available.

Per Obijohn (quite a few pages back), all of the necessary modules for BT DUN are already in the kernel. So, I am looking for guidance on how to make BT DUN work.

And, please don't direct me to any of the CM7 ROMs, as I understand that BT (and BT DUN) are just not working. For those who wonder why I want BT DUN, lower power requirements than WiFi connection, with negligible speed loss.

Thanks in advance for any help.

chymmylt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you might have it OC too high. I usually keep mine at 806, but if I'm gonna play Pandora for a while I'll plug it in and clock it back down to 600 too keep from overheating. I never have OVERheated it, but it does get hot if I plug it in at 806 with apps going.

I haven't touched the overclocking but I guess the built in overclock that comes with BB is just too much for my hardware to take :(

dhiru2000

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I installed BB and now everything is working great except that i cant get 3g or any mobile internet. I can make and receive phone calls and can access internet thru wifi, but no internet after diabling wifi. In about phone it says Mobile Network State Disconnected. Mobile Network setting has Data Enabled checked.

Any ideas?

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I installed BB and now everything is working great except that i cant get 3g or any mobile internet. I can make and receive phone calls and can access internet thru wifi, but no internet after diabling wifi. In about phone it says Mobile Network State Disconnected. Mobile Network setting has Data Enabled checked.

Any ideas?

Weird, I'm having the exact same problem ...
Edit: except my status always says connecting

elmerf

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't touched the overclocking but I guess the built in overclock that comes with BB is just too much for my hardware to take :(

It was that way for me too.

Just use the "No-frills CPU control" app that's built into BB to change your overclocking back down somewhat.

I found that 480-729 was stable for me, but you might want to try the stock 480-600 settings for a few days just to confirm that it fixes your problem.

lwlamar

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I installed the Bumblebee ROM/kernel today after unsuccessfully trying several others. It freed up a lot of system memory for apps, that's for sure. As far as I can tell, everything works just like it supposed to and I've had no hiccups whatsoever. Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835