ARCHIVED: [ROM+Kernel] ~*~ Bumblebee 2.4 ~*~ (6/25/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. I have a small problem. Flashed latest BB rom &everything works except the accelerometer. The screen no longer rotates into landscape. The appropriate box is checked in setting, but it still doesn't rotate.
Sorry if this seems like a noob problem, but I am a noob. Any suggestions?
Thanks
try reflashing the rom after formatting cache, data, boot, and system in recovery.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
maybe.
it'd be nice if someone recompiled obijohn's and picasticks' kernels with the config change for the new screens so the intended kernel versions could be used with roms.
if I had the time... my woman says I spend too much on the computer anyway, and should make some money somehow instead :-$

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
With BB 2.4 and the stock Android web browser, I can't do Google searches. I see the Google tabs on top but the rest of the page is blank. Skyfire browser works fine.

Is this happening to anyone else? I wonder if it has to do with the built-in ad-blocking list included in BB ROM. It used to work fine, but it appears Google changed their search page.

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Squid, glad to see you over here from back in the cdma gurus days.... anyway, quick question. Does this ROM support wifi tether like the IHO and Harmonia ROMs? I'd like to have it for my tablet. I'm on IHO, but having issues with it currently.

sent from my Calkulin+Clemsyn 7 Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
try flashing this zip in recovery:
hosts flashable zip
even though it says signed, you'll probably have to turn off signature verification in recovery to get it to install.
it's a more up-to-date adblocking hosts file.
alternatively, you can use the stock hosts file, put it in /system/etc with a root explorer or adb.
Thanks, I'll give that a try and see if it solves the issue.

So nobody else is having this issue with BB 2.4?

Last edited:

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
What does Bumblebee ROM have that Harmonia doesn't? With Bumblebee ROM development essentially dead in the water, I was thinking of switching to an actively developed ROM the next time something goes wrong with it or I have the inclination to do a wipe and start over.

robali911

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Reborn ROM is Froyo plus everything works perfectly right out of the zip. Also Bumblebee ROM text to sepacs does not work with tts applications other than navigation providing you can get the gmaps to log you in. Check out Reborn, it is a great rom, very fast, I get about 1% drain per 3 hours :D

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Reborn ROM is Froyo plus everything works perfectly right out of the zip. Also Bumblebee ROM text to sepacs does not work with tts applications other than navigation providing you can get the gmaps to log you in. Check out Reborn, it is a great rom, very fast, I get about 1% drain per 3 hours :D

I found Harmonious Bumblebee, which works great for me.

1% drain per 3 hours would mean 12.5 days on one charge. I'm happy to get 2 days out of my phone. I'm in a low reception area and don't mind plugging in the phone at night, so tend to refrain from going out of my way to prolong battery life.

robali911

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Great ROM with only two minor bugs, 1, the new market does not work, 2, the TTS does not work you have to install a seperate engine which is not a big deal, I use Espeak which is free. Also, if you have trouble with maps just click on the ! up top and allow access, you will see what I am talking about. I love the Kernal, I have used this Kernal with other ROMs also, it rocks. Great job on the ROM, I hope you get the new market working. Right now this ROM and Reborn ROM are the very best. I use Reborn with the Bumblebee Kernel and and everything works 100% even the new market. Also, I get about 1% bat drain per 3 hours, you can't touch that!!! I set my CPU to 600 max & 120 Min for that kind of payload with Nofrills CPU. I wish somebody could make a GB ROM that didn't have all the Bloatware crap & could get good bat life. When I tried a GB ROM and was getting about 3% drain per hour vs 1% drain per 3 hours I freaked LOL. Anyway, this is a great ROM, I have tried them all, keep up the good work...

robali911

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
2 days isn't bad at all, when I say 1% per 3 hours, I mean that is just standby time; phone on but not talking on it. Also, I have noticed in areas with low signal it is faster drain...

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Great ROM with only two minor bugs, 1, the new market does not work, 2, the TTS does not work you have to install a seperate engine which is not a big deal, I use Espeak which is free. Also, if you have trouble with maps just click on the ! up top and allow access, you will see what I am talking about. I love the Kernal, I have used this Kernal with other ROMs also, it rocks. Great job on the ROM, I hope you get the new market working. Right now this ROM and Reborn ROM are the very best. I use Reborn with the Bumblebee Kernel and and everything works 100% even the new market. Also, I get about 1% bat drain per 3 hours, you can't touch that!!! I set my CPU to 600 max & 120 Min for that kind of payload with Nofrills CPU. I wish somebody could make a GB ROM that didn't have all the Bloatware crap & could get good bat life. When I tried a GB ROM and was getting about 3% drain per hour vs 1% drain per 3 hours I freaked LOL. Anyway, this is a great ROM, I have tried them all, keep up the good work...

The market is not a problem with the kernel, it's an issue with the framework files. Reborn was built by those with a lot more resources and knowledge and I suspect from source. The latest Bumblebee has the same problem as Harmonia with the Market (I consulted Obijohn on the power mod and the files between both are pretty much identical and the cause of the problem). It's a matter of how the files are signed and a change on version 3 in regards to security. The new Market works, you just cannot make purchases. Also, Obijohn has been gone a while, don't expect any updates.

120mhz is actually not supported on the CPU if I remember correctly. I beleive it is actually running at 240. 1% per hour is probably a slight battery miscalculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1