ARCHIVED: [ROM+Kernel] ~*~ Bumblebee 2.4 ~*~ (6/25/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
you have to un zip it...

I like how newbs come in and elude a known dev is giving us bad things to eat....

That seems a little harsh. Did you look at the file yourself before making the comment? I'm totally appreciative of the devs. And it's allude...get your insults right. ;)

Last edited:

csrow

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So, Skype wasn't the battery drain for me. With or without, I am averaging 8%/hour. This is same as the stock ROM. I think I just have too many stuff. I just have to live with it.

The ROM and the kernel has been ultra stable and very compatible. Not one hiccup. Obi, thanks for your work.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
So, Skype wasn't the battery drain for me. With or without, I am averaging 8%/hour. This is same as the stock ROM. I think I just have too many stuff. I just have to live with it.

The ROM and the kernel has been ultra stable and very compatible. Not one hiccup. Obi, thanks for your work.

Download a task killer and see what all in running in the background.

I could almost run a wifi hotspot at 8% per hour. Seriously, that is waaaaaay fast.

Otherwise make a thread and post ALL of your apps, maybe someone can pinpoint your battery vampire.

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten hands on with 4 Optimus V's. One can do 825Mhz stable, the other three can only do 748Mhz stable. Unfortunately, mine is one of the latter. :( It'll work fine when I'm doing stuff I think would work the CPU such as Angry Birds, but it'll just randomly reboot when I'm doing remedial things. I've tried both Performance and Interactive with 480 and 600 min.

768 is fine as a default setting though, as it's a good starting point that shouldn't keep any Optimus V from not working.

I just had my phone reboot with 748/600 interactive simply viewing the missed calls. If it can handle games and linpack just fine but reboots on simple actions, I wonder if it's a software issue instead (maybe Swype beta?). Seems no one else has had to go as low as 729 on the Optimus V. I'll have to go back to basics and see how it works without much of anything loaded.

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I just had my phone reboot with 748/600 interactive simply viewing the missed calls. If it can handle games and linpack just fine but reboots on simple actions, I wonder if it's a software issue instead (maybe Swype beta?). Seems no one else has had to go as low as 729 on the Optimus V. I'll have to go back to basics and see how it works without much of anything loaded.

Start up SetCPU, set the max to 806. Start a Stress Test and let it run for 10 minutes or so. If you get no errors, I would say the CPU is handling it. If you can go for 20 minutes with no errors, it is definitely not your CPU crashing the phone. Can you go back to the stock Swype app and see if you still get reboots?

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Start up SetCPU, set the max to 806. Start a Stress Test and let it run for 10 minutes or so. If you get no errors, I would say the CPU is handling it. If you can go for 20 minutes with no errors, it is definitely not your CPU crashing the phone. Can you go back to the stock Swype app and see if you still get reboots?
I started fresh...did a wipe of the cache and data, and reinstalled Bumblebee ROM 1.12 full wipe version. I didn't install SetCPU at first, letting it go at the default 768/480 interactive, but it rebooted. So after installing SetCPU, I stress tested at both 806 and 768 for over 20 minutes without issue, but it'll still reboot when doing simple things like checking missed calls log or editing e-mail account settings.

So the only thing left to do seems to be to keep lowering the overclock until the reboot goes away or until I reach stock speed. if the latter, I either have a faulty phone or something got messed up when I was bouncing between different ROMs and I'm unable to clear it out.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I've read the "Wipe cache partition" in recovery doesn't always clear the dalvik cache as well, and that it depends on the ROM. Do you know if it does as far as Xionia .4 Virgin recovery and Bumblebee ROM 1.12 are concerned?

I'm loving your Bumblebee ROM! I can't see the kanji under Comics in the Market, so it looks like I'll have to load in that large font. Hopefully, it's as easy as loading ringtones back onto the phone.

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Looks like a new version is up.
e2fs binaries and libs: debugfs, e2fsck, mke2fs, resize2fs, tune2fs

build.prop tweaks

Kernel stripped of debug info, now lean-and-mean

NOTE: To get the e2fs progs and build.prop tweaks, you need to install the ROM "no-wipe" version if upgrading, not just the Kernel. The Kernel install is just the kernel.

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
UPDATED April 29, 2011

Bumblebee ROM 1.13 | Kernel 1.19

• e2fs binaries and libs: debugfs, e2fsck, mke2fs, resize2fs, tune2fs

• build.prop tweaks

• Kernel stripped of debug info, now lean-and-mean

NOTE: To get the e2fs progs and build.prop tweaks, you need to install the ROM "no-wipe" version if upgrading, not just the Kernel. The Kernel install is just the kernel.

• Hmm...not sure if worth upgrading kernel only at this point. Since I'm planning to get a large MicroSDHC Card in the future I may hold off on where I am now and wait until then to try an upgrade to the ROM so to take better advantage of the changes being made. Unless someone can post showing the stripping of the debugging code is making that much of a difference?

--bornagainpenguin

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
The kernel is 17 not 19

Oopsie. Yeah, 17 is the correct version when checking About Phone from Settings. I made a typo in the version argument to my zip-building script, which then named the zip with that number. I should really update that script to read the version info from the kernel build directory instead of typing it in manually when I do the zip. :eek:

Unfortunately, the zip with "19" in the name is already up on the multiupload host, and I don't want to hose anybody's download by removing it. I'll edit the first post to point this out, but the next release (in a day or two) will have it right. :)

Reactions: citizeninsane89

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Does this Rom have this implemented?

[App] AppWidgetPicker - xda-developers

If not, would highly recommend.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

That doesn't have to be implemented, since it's functionality that the app itself provides. Just install it as per the instructions in that thread and it works. I guess since it's released under the Apache 2 license I could include it in the ROM, but first I need to make sure it works as advertised (and no FCes or anything).

I think Menu Power Control Widgets and this are the two features I miss the most from aosp ROM. Consolidation is a beautiful thing.

-K

You mean the notification bar power control toggles from CM7? Yeah, those are neat, but it's not something that can just be included like an app. Someone ported it for Sense-based roms and it requires flashing an update zip (sometimes multiple times), replaces framework.jar, and it's overall a pretty intensive install process for such a small feature. Have you taken a look at Elixir? It doesn't provide notification bar controls, but the control widgets it does provide are awesome and very configurable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1