ARCHIVED: [ROM+Kernel] ~*~ Bumblebee 2.4 ~*~ (6/25/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

csrow

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Using UOT kitchen (with Takenover83's help), a battery percent display was added to the BB framework 1.3. Everything else is stock. The modification uses about additional 2MB.

These will replace the stock battery symbol. I chose a set that is most readable.
attachment.php

Flash the zip file below from a recovery after the ROM install is finished.

Reactions: ejlmd

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
This one.

Edit: See edited post. I got links fixed. Not sure what's going on with data2ext.

Did some quick testing and I think what's going on with data2ext is that the link2sd script is interfering. If you uninstall link2sd it still leave it's script behind (either 11link2sd in etc/init.d, or install-recovery.sh in etc/). Either way, the link2sd script will execute before the data2ext script -- install-recovery.sh executes before any of the init.d scripts, and the data2ext script is 40data2ext which executes after 11link2sd. And Link2SD mount the ext as /data/sdext2 (regardless of whether it's ext2, 3 or 4), but data2ext tries to mount it as /sd-ext.

Anyway, try this. Uninstall link2sd, remove /system/etc/install-recovery.sh if it's there, and remove /system/etc/init.d/11link2sd if it's there. Then try again.

BTW, you might want to edit the 40data2ext script to change this line:
Code:
echo 128 > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb

That is already the default value, so it's unecessary, but if you change 128 to 512 or even 1024 you might get better sdcard performance (depends on your card, but if it's class 6 then it will probably benefit).

EDIT: If you do the above and it still get's stuck, plug the phone into the computer and do "adb shell", then "logcat > /sdcard/log.txt" then hit CTRL+C after a second or two and paste the log.txt here (you can put it on pastebin and post the link so it doesn't take up the whole screen on the forum).

Last edited:

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Just a note. I tried data2ext first on a fresh install (used the wipe zip). So no links script existed at the time. When data2ext failed, I moved on to links.

Nit3H8wk

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Will the wipe kill everything on my sdcard or will i still have my mp3's and titanium backups as i do not have a pc or anything to backup my music to.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
When flashing a custom status bar I seem to lose my power button function and just turns into a quick reboot. Is this from flashing or a confidence? Any one else having this issue?

Wow I feel dumb. I flashed the framework again to get that option and got them back.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nit3H8wk

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
my titanium backup won't work says I don't have root but su works fine in terminal emulator. I even tried forget in the superuser app. I can't install busybox says need root even after I checked allow superuser. absolute system root force closes.

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Will the wipe kill everything on my sdcard or will i still have my mp3's and titanium backups as i do not have a pc or anything to backup my music to.

No, the wiper does not delete your sdcard (just the ext partition if you have one).

my titanium backup won't work says I don't have root but su works fine in terminal emulator. I even tried forget in the superuser app. I can't install busybox says need root even after I checked allow superuser. absolute system root force closes.

That's a new one on me, never seen that issue before. Did you do a wipe before installing? Wiping everything, including /system /data and /cache is recommended if coming from another ROM, especially one that isn't based on a Stock system. I have done a complete wipe numerous times and never lost root (root access and SuperUser is built into the ROM). Start clean and report back if you still have the problem.

jromano89

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I created a black status bar with a battery percentage indicator for this rom. Just boot into recovery (wipe the cache and dalvik to be safe), flash the zip, and reboot (it might take a few minutes)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19675089/blackBB.zip

If you're performing a fresh install, you can flash this in place of update_bb_framework_1.3.zip, but it won't hurt anything if you do it after.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcweb and ceejay83

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using LauncherPro with this rom? I have a weird issue,and am wondering if anyone else has hit it. It's possible it may be something on my end, and unrelated to the rom. But this is the only rom where the Gmail widget has giving me a issue.

I can not for the life of me get the Gmail widget to work. It just says refreshing at the bottom. I can open the Gmail app and view my email just fine.

devicels.png

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using LauncherPro with this rom? I have a weird issue,and am wondering if anyone else has hit it. It's possible it may be something on my end, and unrelated to the rom. But this is the only rom where the Gmail widget has giving me a issue.

I can not for the life of me get the Gmail widget to work. It just says refreshing at the bottom. I can open the Gmail app and view my email just fine.
I have this framework and associated files, tweaked in UOT, running on Harmonia, with LauncherPro, the widget works fine for me.

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have this framework and associated files, tweaked in UOT, running on Harmonia, with LauncherPro, the widget works fine for me.

I deleted the widget, forced closed Gmail, Cleared data for Gmail, Opened Gmail, re-added the widget. It just will not work. I even "Reset Defaults" in LauncherPro.

jromano89

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I created a black status bar with a battery percentage indicator for this rom. Just boot into recovery (wipe the cache and dalvik to be safe), flash the zip, and reboot (it might take a few minutes)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19675089/blackBB.zip

If you're performing a fresh install, you can flash this in place of update_bb_framework_1.3.zip, but it won't hurt anything if you do it after.

I just updated this again to add transparency to the notification pulldown like the CM7 roms have. I'm happy with it now, probably my final version.

jromano89

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: ejlmd

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I deleted the widget, forced closed Gmail, Cleared data for Gmail, Opened Gmail, re-added the widget. It just will not work. I even "Reset Defaults" in LauncherPro.

I just tested my gmail widget and could not create a problem with it. If you want me to test something let me know.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
OK if it's working for others using BumbleBee+kernel, then it's likely something on my end. Must dig deeper ;)

Edit: Uninstalled again. Rebooted, and reinstalled from the market. And now it's working. Go figure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.