ARCHIVED: [ROM+Kernel] ~*~ Bumblebee 2.4 ~*~ (6/25/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to change the hostname that's reported to routers with this ROM? Mine is something like "Android_26478965412" and I'd like it to be "Android - Ken" and "Android - Kim" for both of our phones. Or, is this phone dependent and not ROM dependent?

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to change the hostname that's reported to routers with this ROM? Mine is something like "Android_26478965412" and I'd like it to be "Android - Ken" and "Android - Kim" for both of our phones. Or, is this phone dependent and not ROM dependent?

The hostname can be set with the "hostname" command from a command prompt (either on the phone with a Terminal app or via adb). It will reset after each boot, so you may want to create an init.d script that just sets the hostname to what you want like this:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
hostname Android-Ken

Reactions: java007

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
After upgrading to BB ROM 1.18 (from 1.15) and framework 1.3, I no longer get the prompt that USB is connected and whether I want to turn on USB storage when I connect it to my PC. Is there a way to get that back?

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
After upgrading to BB ROM 1.18 (from 1.15) and framework 1.3, I no longer get the prompt that USB is connected and whether I want to turn on USB storage when I connect it to my PC. Is there a way to get that back?

That's got to be an issue with the drivers on your computer. I just tested with a complete wipe and fresh install, and I still get both USB notifications on the phone when I plug it into the computer (Mac and Linux, don't have a Windows box). Maybe try reinstalling the LG windows drivers?

java007

May 1, 2011
Visit site

You might want to double-check your setting for USB Debugging, it is easy to forget when you leave that checked. Unchecking the debugging box should trigger the USB storage query.

I installed yesterday and all is working well. Very happy so far - Thanks!

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
When ever I flash the xionia recovery I get the fast boot screen when booting into recovery.. n e help?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

You're probably using the xionia .6 recovery. Don't, it's compiled for the Optimus S, not V. Use .4_virgin, the one I link to in the first post.

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
That's got to be an issue with the drivers on your computer. I just tested with a complete wipe and fresh install, and I still get both USB notifications on the phone when I plug it into the computer (Mac and Linux, don't have a Windows box). Maybe try reinstalling the LG windows drivers?
I didn't have the same issue with my friend's Optimus V, so I think it maybe has to do with the SD-Ext partition created for Link2SD use. Not sure if it matters, but I used CWMA .4 Virgin recovery to create the partition - it used FAT32 for the storage partition and Ext3 for the SD-Ext partition.

5 Google apps are removed and in a separate install zip: Gmail, Maps, Street View, and YouTube. These are removed since you can download each of them from the Market, but they're offered as an install zip in case you don't have Market access for some reason.
Was there a 5th Google app that was removed? I'm drawing a blank on what it could be.

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
You might want to double-check your setting for USB Debugging, it is easy to forget when you leave that checked. Unchecking the debugging box should trigger the USB storage query.
It didn't make a difference in my case, but you can leave USB Debugging checked and it'll still trigger the USB storage query.

perksa

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Awesome ROM!!! Haven't tested 18 yet but if the TWS is fixed I love you long time :) Thanks for the excellent ROM and keep up the good work.

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
After updating to 1.19, I'm having problem updating google map, "page file was not signed correctly" was the error message.

AZImmortal

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Can I update from Bumblebee ROM 1.15 to 1.19 without wiping? I know it says it's optional when updating from a previous version in the instructions, but I seem to remember that 1.18 needed a wipe?

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Can I update from Bumblebee ROM 1.15 to 1.19 without wiping? I know it says it's optional when updating from a previous version in the instructions, but I seem to remember that 1.18 needed a wipe?

Just do a nandroid back up first and have at it. Worst thing that happens is waiting a few min for the back up to restore. :)

I am using 1.18 fine now. Was 1.19 just fixing issues from people going to 18 or are there other fixes/benefits to go to 19?

AZImmortal

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Just do a nandroid back up first and have at it. Worst thing that happens is waiting a few min for the back up to restore. :)

I am using 1.18 fine now. Was 1.19 just fixing issues from people going to 18 or are there other fixes/benefits to go to 19?

Thanks for reminding me about nandroid backups. I will now update with impunity. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae