ARCHIVED: [ROM+Kernel] ~*~ Bumblebee 2.4 ~*~ (6/25/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

huchman

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Okay, the status bar is finished.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19675089/blackBB.zip

In the future, I would be fine if this were included as an option in the OP.

wow. thanks for this! quick question. if i flashed the other Bar in this thread will flashing this one give me the proper framework back or do I need to reflash and then flash this new bar? thanks!

p.s. would like to see this linked in the OP as well. it makes a great rom even better!

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
wow. thanks for this! quick question. if i flashed the other Bar in this thread will flashing this one give me the proper framework back or do I need to reflash and then flash this new bar? thanks!

p.s. would like to see this linked in the OP as well. it makes a great rom even better!

you could just flash this one over the old one. wipe your cache before you do it

electric1

May 17, 2011
Visit site
First off, thanks for your hard work, this is excellent ROM!

Question: does the kernel include CIFS module so I can use CIFS manager? If not, what's the best way to add it?

Thanks in advance...

shawayne21

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Bumble Bee Vs. Harmonia Vs. Reborn?

Which one is better in battery life/ performance? On a scale from one to ten rate them each please if you guys could :)

jromano89

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, it will work fine even if you flashed the other one already. It just contains a modified framework and services.jar, which are now based off of the 2.1 versions so they include all the recent fixes.

liquidmass

Dec 29, 2010
optimusv.wikispaces.com
Just wanted to say THANKS for all your hard work ObiJohn! What a fantastic ROM/Kernel you have given us! I love it! So happy to see you working on it and giving us all these updates, keep it coming!! we are really grateful! ;)

Reactions: zoidberg_md

kba712

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks you ObiJohn for the great rom...awesome

and thanks for jromano89 for the great mod...love the status bar...

I love the android community

digitaljeannie

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Since the TWOS fix in the ROM, I've been noticing data dropping much more frequently. I have to reboot at least twice a day if not more which could account for the lessened battery life. The TWOS may not be the cause of more frequent data drops, just expressing a correlation between the occurrences. Prior to that change in the ROM I maybe had to reboot once every couple of days.

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Since the TWOS fix in the ROM, I've been noticing data dropping much more frequently. I have to reboot at least twice a day if not more which could account for the lessened battery life. The TWOS may not be the cause of more frequent data drops, just expressing a correlation between the occurrences. Prior to that change in the ROM I maybe had to reboot once every couple of days.

Data connectivity drops have something to do with faulty communication between the radio and tower, my guess is that there are bugs in the radio firmware. I actually had many more data drops before the TWS bugfix (like every time I made or received a call. Every time, literally. Several times a day.). I don't get nearly so many data connectivity drops now, but I'm sure every situation is different depending on the towers in your area.

If you do notice that you loose data connectivity, you don't have to reboot. Toggle Airplane Mode for 15 seconds or so. That seems to reset the data connection with the tower. If toggling Airplane Mode doesn't reset the data, run the Activate app. It will exit with an error at the end if you're already activated, but it seems to reset data connectivity as well. Before the TWS bugfix, I had to reboot to reset the data connection or use the Activate app. Now, after the bugfix, just toggling Airplane Mode resets the connection every time I've tried it.

As I said, I had multiple data drops before the fix, but it does still happen every once in a while even now, maybe once every other day or so for me. And if there's an app that's actively trying to poll for data and the 3G data connection is stuck, it will drain the battery pretty fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.