ARCHIVED: [ROM+Kernel] ~*~ Bumblebee 2.4 ~*~ (6/25/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I tried to download the update_bb_rom_2.2 but the link sends me to download the update_bb_rom_2.1?

That's just a typo in the post, 2.1 is the correct version. If you check the md5 sum it's the same. I thought I had corrected the typo, but I guess when I updated the post to add the non-overclocked kernel option, it crept back in.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
That's just a typo in the post, 2.1 is the correct version. If you check the md5 sum it's the same. I thought I had corrected the typo, but I guess when I updated the post to add the non-overclocked kernel option, it crept back in.

ok kewl thanks

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey obijohn

there seems to be an issue with droidwall breaking sl4a. It seems like before Droidwall is installed, sl4a works just fine, but after running droidwall (and even turning it off) sl4a force closes all the time, and won't work again even after uninstalling and reinstalling (though droidwall continues to be functional). Any ideas? There has never been this kind of conflict with other roms I've tried.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey obijohn

there seems to be an issue with droidwall breaking sl4a. It seems like before Droidwall is installed, sl4a works just fine, but after running droidwall (and even turning it off) sl4a force closes all the time, and won't work again even after uninstalling and reinstalling (though droidwall continues to be functional). Any ideas? There has never been this kind of conflict with other roms I've tried.

This is caused by the ad-blocking /etc/hosts file. It is supplied by mvps.org as-is, but I will be making a modification to it to fix localhost resolving on Android. For now, you can do this (it will be a permanent fix, no need to re-boot or anything):
Code:
$ adb remount
remount succeeded 
$ adb shell
# echo 127.0.0.1 localhost localhost >> /etc/hosts
# exit

sl4a will now work as expected.

digitaljeannie

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
If you do notice that you loose data connectivity, you don't have to reboot. Toggle Airplane Mode for 15 seconds or so. That seems to reset the data connection with the tower. If toggling Airplane Mode doesn't reset the data, run the Activate app. It will exit with an error at the end if you're already activated, but it seems to reset data connectivity as well. Before the TWS bugfix, I had to reboot to reset the data connection or use the Activate app. Now, after the bugfix, just toggling Airplane Mode resets the connection every time I've tried it.

As I said, I had multiple data drops before the fix, but it does still happen every once in a while even now, maybe once every other day or so for me. And if there's an app that's actively trying to poll for data and the 3G data connection is stuck, it will drain the battery pretty fast.

I actually went back to using zachxtr's 50fix utility at boot and I did not have to reboot at all yesterday (and yes, I have to reboot because toggling does not bring back my connection).

I figured that the excessive battery drain was attributed in part to the data polling during drops. I still have *some* elevated battery drain. On standby went from 1% per hour to 5% per hour with no changes from previous configurations. Though could be due to an update in an app, I suppose.

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I actually went back to using zachxtr's 50fix utility at boot and I did not have to reboot at all yesterday (and yes, I have to reboot because toggling does not bring back my connection).

I figured that the excessive battery drain was attributed in part to the data polling during drops. I still have *some* elevated battery drain. On standby went from 1% per hour to 5% per hour with no changes from previous configurations. Though could be due to an update in an app, I suppose.

You do realize that xtr50fix just toggles airplane mode, right? It's possible that when you toggled airplane mode yourself you didn't leave it off long enough before turning the radio back on.

Anyway, this "stuck data" issue isn't related to the TWS 50% bug, other than they may be both triggered by faulty radio/tower communication. Here's a senario that summarizes what I think is going on when the data connection is stuck: the radio first requests some kind of response from the tower, so the tower sends it, but the radio dropps it for whatever reason (maybe there's also a flaw in the tower where it didn't actually send the response but thinks it did), so the radio requests it again optimistically like a geek asking out a cheerleader to the prom, but the tower says "no I already sent that you idiot", and the radio just sits there waiting for the response it'll never get (because geeks are forever hopeful that the cheerleader will someday say "yes").

So, yeah, the battery drain will be greater when the data connection is stuck like that. Look back a couple of posts where I discuss a fix to /etc/hosts. It could be that the fix I mention there also helps with battery drain on certain apps (after I applied the fix myself, I noticed improved overall battery life, but that may just be due to the fix helping a poorly written app).

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
2urqw3q.jpg

What do u guys think of my BumbleBee themed BumbleBee ROM :D

sdmark

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Nice update... Everything working so far including the black status bar mod. One question I have is, how can I push the modified mms.apk to this? I tried pulling it from Aosp and it appeared to install correctly, but would not allow txts to be sent or received.

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Nice update... Everything working so far including the black status bar mod. One question I have is, how can I push the modified mms.apk to this? I tried pulling it from Aosp and it appeared to install correctly, but would not allow txts to be sent or received.

did you do this before the update?

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Why are you trying to use a 2.3.4 mms.apk with a 2.2.1 rom?

sdmark

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Really I just like the stock mms.apk with a black background...gosms or handcent has more than I care for. Is there a 2.2.1 mms.apk that people are using with this room? If not, no worries.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Really I just like the stock mms.apk with a black background...gosms or handcent has more than I care for. Is there a 2.2.1 mms.apk that people are using with this room? If not, no worries.

If u like the stock mms.apk style why were u wanting to use AOSP's .apk which is 2.3.4 and stock is 2.2.1?

stock = what came with the phone when u bought it.

P.S. All these ROMs come with their own mms.apk and all the 2.2.1 ROMs are stock mms.apk

sdmark

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm a complete novice... That is why I'm asking here...i also tried a 2.2.1 mms.apk from cyanogmod. The modified stock mms.apk from Koush is really nice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid