ARCHIVED: [ROM+Kernel] ~*~ Bumblebee 2.4 ~*~ (6/25/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinaz#AC

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Bumblebee is overclockable regardless of the OC/non-OC version. The non-OC version just comes set at factory speeds instead of OC' like the other version. That's the only difference, you should be able to change values with SetCPU in both versions.

This is true. As of yesterday I am running this rom and flashed the non overclocked kernel. (Mainly cause mine reboots at the default over clock after a while). I am able to use setcpu to over clock as i like and i am currently running 600/729.

MarkD426

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Great ROM, using the overclocked kernal. My phone doesn't like over clocking past 729mzh. AOSP did allow me to be stable at like ~840mzh though.This ROM doesn't have any issues for me, Thanks so much!

hyruu

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
You just need to modify framework-res.apk and possibly services.jar (if you need to change the clock color). Have you tried using the kitchen? It does most of the work for you.

UOT Kitchen

Yes I have played with UOT with Harmonia and I was wanting to use it with this rom but I was worried about losing the transparent drop down and the power menu options.

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
A strange thing happened to me this morning while I was trying to play some podcasts on my SDCard. It would not play them and it would keep on skipping to the next and next podcast without playing anything. Popped the SDcard out and test and tried it in another phone and it was working. So I popped the card back into the V and the same thing happened. I also tested another card in the V and the same thing, it would starts skipping files/mp3s. So then I got into recovery, wipped everything and reflashed and it ended up fixing the problem.

This might be an isolated problem, just I rather let the creator know of this just in case it is not an isolated problem.

(Running latest 2.3 bumble)

Nit3H8wk

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
battery drain and 3g issue

the battery seems to drain a little quicker with this rom. also sometimes my 3g switches to 1x and I have to toggle airplane mode to fix it. before installing I used the wiper and fully formatted in recovery boot, system, data, cache and dalvik cache. I put the same rom on my friends v and he has the same problem. anyone else?

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
the battery seems to drain a little quicker with this rom. also sometimes my 3g switches to 1x and I have to toggle airplane mode to fix it. before installing I used the wiper and fully formatted in recovery boot, system, data, cache and dalvik cache. I put the same rom on my friends v and he has the same problem. anyone else?
...a little quicker compared to what?

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

I have neither problem. Battery life for me is better than stock. This morning I downloaded and installed Plants vs Zombies then played it a little, updated an app, made 2 phone calls, sent and received about 10 texts, read News Republic and Reddit is Fun. I unplugged about 3 hours ago before doing all that stuff, and my battery is currently at 93%.

I also haven't seen my 3G signal suddenly switch to 1x and never switch back. Maybe it's related to something going on with the tower(s) in your area? The radios in these phones are known not to be very stable (I don't know if it's hardware or firmware but something is screwy with them).

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I've found Rodimus to be the best with battery life, and Harmonia and Bumblebee being about the same as stock.

FWIW, I had to switch back to the stock VM PRL file since I couldn't make/receive calls/texts on the newest Sprint PRL or even the hybrid PRL files. I've had 100% TWS at home.

Nit3H8wk

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I am in boston. I constantly losing data all together at the boston public library. When i first got my phone i never had these issues. Wish i could update my PRL but i don't have a computer.

framirezferrer

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Obijohn, the freezing problems came back for me :(

It was working fine until I installed Link2sd. The SD card is new, completed re-flash with no Titanium back up.

Re-flashed again with no link2sd and no ext4, no problems whatsoever (knock on wood).

Nit3H8wk

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
OK my signal keeps dropping to 0 bars from 5-6. my friends v has the same rom and both are in the same room and his holds a solid signal. is my cell radio broken. I hope not cause I have no way to replace this phone.

justinaz#AC

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Obijohn, the freezing problems came back for me :(

It was working fine until I installed Link2sd. The SD card is new, completed re-flash with no Titanium back up.

Re-flashed again with no link2sd and no ext4, no problems whatsoever (knock on wood).

I am using this Rom using data2ext v7 on ext2 and i see no issues with freezing.

What class is your micro sdcard? Possible it could be due to that... mines a class 10.

I remember reading somewhere that you should probably use a class 4 or higher but i don't really remember. but i can see if your using a low speed card it could make your phone *freeze* as its trying to read off your micro sdcard.

Status
Not open for further replies.