08-02-2012 05:21 PM
94 1234
tools
    Thanks for the info!

The problem is that the only two people that I have heard of that tried to install the firmware on the V using this technique both failed. While installing an error would pop up, and it wouldn't go any further. But they had both first installed an S firmware by accident. So I have no way of knowing if this works on the V until someone with a perfectly functioning phone tries it. I think it should work, but there are no confirmed reports yet.
    That was my assumption too that it should work. Just hope it works so I don't feel dumb for suggesting it lol

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    05-02-2011 08:03 PM
    So I have no way of knowing if this works on the V until someone with a perfectly functioning phone tries it. I think it should work, but there are no confirmed reports yet.
    And that right there kids is why I suggested a dev phone for the V community. Testing new roms and things like this. Kinda like how nameless rom devs dont have anything but other optimus v people to test on their daily driver.
    05-03-2011 11:13 AM
    I gotta ask a dumb question before I uninstall all my drivers and go through this. Am I the only person that has issues connecting to the updater when the phone is on? It'll connect while it the device is first coming on but then it'll stop connecting.
    History of my phone for those wondering. Optimus v never used kp500 or kdz on it except in attempts to flash the stock and updated vm670 software
    05-03-2011 12:20 PM
    When u do updater does it say connect the phone and its connected?
    05-03-2011 12:36 PM
    yep
    05-03-2011 12:48 PM
    I found that to be a rom/kernel issue. I'm not sure why. With Rodimus, I can connect with no problems. When I install the stock rom or Aphrodite, it only works when I turn the device off. If you read the XDA PRL thread, there are lots of people that report the same issue installing the drivers.
    05-03-2011 01:09 PM
    yep
    When it does that disconnect the phone plug it back in the click retry or continue which ever is in the box shown. That's what I had to do when I had the OS.

05-03-2011 01:11 PM
    I found that to be a rom/kernel issue. I'm not sure why. With Rodimus, I can connect with no problems. When I install the stock rom or Aphrodite, it only works when I turn the device off. If you read the XDA PRL thread, there are lots of people that report the same issue installing the drivers.
    I've been thinking about that as well I'm gonna try rhodimus. I notice that it connects when powering n my phone but then once it's fully on it disconnects. I tried the kdz method on both the .cabs but it's getting an error extracting.
    05-03-2011 01:41 PM
    I just tried every single possible variation of the directions I posted. None of them worked. The KDZ updater can't extract the files, and the KP500 method gives the same error that has been reported before. I tried doing this on an unrooted stock phone with the same results. I think there is something wrong/missing from our cab files provided by LG.

Update:

The difference between the Optimus V Firmware cab files and the Optimus S Firmware cab files is that the S has a dll:
    LS670_W_0_0_2_0.dll
    I think this dll is responsible for explaining to the updater how to extract the cab file. Each S firmware version has a unique dll file. So I doubt we can use the S dll, on a V cab file.

asadullah likes this.
    05-03-2011 06:12 PM
    I just tried every single possible variation of the directions I posted. None of them worked. The KDZ updater can't extract the files, and the KP500 method gives the same error that has been reported before. I tried doing this on an unrooted stock phone with the same results. I think there is something wrong/missing from our cab files provided by LG.

Update:

The difference between the Optimus V Firmware cab files and the Optimus S Firmware cab files is that the S has a dll:
    LS670_W_0_0_2_0.dll
    I think this dll is responsible for explaining to the updater how to extract the cab file. Each S firmware version has a unique dll file. So I doubt we can use the S dll, on a V cab file.

In that case wouldnt it be advantageous for somebody to notify LG of this missing file? Just say you compared the two files and found why its not updating your phone via the updater tool..or something similar.
    05-03-2011 08:12 PM
    I actually have the US670 optimus and did the same thing of flashing sprint img to phone. Method 2 was a lifesaver. I had looked everywhere for instructions to get it to work and you had the only ones that made a difference. First round is on me.
    05-04-2011 08:31 AM

Update:

LS670_W_0_0_2_0.dll

I had a feeling we were missing something. I'm wondering who do we contact about this?
    05-04-2011 08:50 AM
    So I just got off a good hour long phone call with lg basically here's how it went:
    1 no there isn't an update oh wait yes there is
    2 well drivers aren't installed correctly get the ones from lgforums
    3 we can't send you a .dll file obviously what I'm asking is you fix the updater your phone is rooted we can't help you.

Although the lady was very nice lg's policies kicked in and ended the conversation very quickly. There is denial that there's any issues with the updater at all. I tried to do the update and it's a no go if your reading this call this number 1 (800) 793-8896 and let lg know there's an issue
    05-04-2011 01:09 PM
    So I just got off a good hour long phone call with lg basically here's how it went:
    1 no there isn't an update oh wait yes there is
    2 well drivers aren't installed correctly get the ones from lgforums
    3 we can't send you a .dll file obviously what I'm asking is you fix the updater your phone is rooted we can't help you.

Although the lady was very nice lg's policies kicked in and ended the conversation very quickly. There is denial that there's any issues with the updater at all. I tried to do the update and it's a no go if your reading this call this number 1 (800) 793-8896 and let lg know there's an issue
    My guess as to why both updates would be the way they are when the Optimus S/T/U/One all have functioning cab files right out of the box is that Virgin doesn't want us being able to buy a S/T/U/One and convert it for use with Virgin. This is faulty reasoning considering that you would still need to hack the phone's credentials, and it would be easy enough to root any one of those phone and change it to a V using a special built rom. But large companies aren't known for making rational decisions. This all still my guess, but unless there turns out to be a huge security fault, we will never receive any sort of official update from LG or Virgin.
    05-04-2011 01:28 PM
    I don't know if it's an intentional thing I guess I'm still thinking about how fast they fixed the kernel source issue. Right now they don't think that there's an issue. They think it's just me because I rooted my phone. But then on the other hand considering they didn't know there was an update until told her. I don't know.
    05-04-2011 01:59 PM
    I don't know if it's an intentional thing I guess I'm still thinking about how fast they fixed the kernel source issue. Right now they don't think that there's an issue. They think it's just me because I rooted my phone. But then on the other hand considering they didn't know there was an update until told her. I don't know.
    Well, you could try the LG open source contact form. I emailed a few people about the kernel source being incorrect and then the reply came from someplace else at LG, so I'm not sure which if any of these contacts worked (but it was a Korean, so hopefully the form at least gets you to where the software comes from). So, maybe worth a try.

The form I'm talking about is on the LG open source site. Type VM670 into the search box and go to the next page as if you want to download the source archive. Then at the top of that page there's a "request for inquiry" button that links to a contact form.

Since we've had one "quick fix to sloppy packaging problem" maybe you'll get another.
    05-05-2011 05:45 PM
    I've tried doing method 2 but it only gets to 30% then I click restart and it tries again but just says the same thing. It won't get past 30% for me.
    05-07-2011 02:30 PM
    I've tried doing method 2 but it only gets to 30% then I click restart and it tries again but just says the same thing. It won't get past 30% for me.
    When it gets to 30 percent did you unplug ur phone,plug it back in then continued? If not try that. Cause when I had the OS I had to unplug it at 30 percent plug it in then continue for it to read the phone info

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    05-07-2011 02:49 PM
    I'll give that a try. I still have access to ADB however so should I look for another method instead of #2 to flash the correct firmware on here or at this point would it make no difference?
    05-07-2011 03:03 PM
    Like mmarz said its untested on our phones. I only suggested it because the optimus v and optimus s are similar. I know it works in the s but seems like noone can get it to work on the v. If u can find another method that's more reliable by all means try it. But if you get method two to work let us know.

05-07-2011 03:08 PM
    hmm crap.....I mean other than having no 3g everything else works on my phone. I don't want to turn this into a $200 paperweight. Think I'll save this as a final alternative. Thanks for the quick responses though.
    05-07-2011 03:12 PM
    http://www.lg-phones.org/how-to-fix-...optimus-v.html

Did you post there? Don't see you credited :|
    It was a link on the romrepo wiki
    http://romrepo.info/wiki/index.php?title=LG_Optimus_V

05-10-2011 11:00 AM
    http://www.lg-phones.org/how-to-fix-...optimus-v.html

http://romrepo.info/wiki/index.php?title=LG_Optimus_V

I just commented on it on the site. I gave mmarz the props he deserves. And also posted on romrepo as well.

mmarz likes this.
    05-10-2011 11:33 AM
    How to fix Bricked LG Optimus V? - LG Cell Phones Blog

LG Optimus V - ROMRepo

I'm pretty sure that this is a site that crawls the internet and steals content in an automated fashion. They obviously didn't try it because it doesn't work. It's funny that the AOSP people linked to it. That makes me question how detail oriented they really are. Oh well. No reason to cry over being robbed of something that has no value.
    05-10-2011 12:10 PM
    True mmarz very true.

05-10-2011 12:14 PM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD