12-22-2011 02:45 PM
54 123
tools
    ok i flashed the mvdalvik then my hardware keys swiched to optimus s style so i then flashed picastix 07a.zip and it worked i got the 40 megs extra and my buttons are mapped out right again. Now i have'nt had a chance to test it very long but so far it seems like its ok so far ill keep you posted.

Your menu buttons shouldn't have changed if you flashed the zip file that I posted. I tested it out before uploading to make sure that it was working good and honestly nothing that would affect the keylayout was changed. Thankyou for letting me and others know it worked though. Does your device connect to ubuntu through adb?
    07-06-2011 04:20 PM
    Your menu buttons shouldn't have changed if you flashed the zip file that I posted. I tested it out before uploading to make sure that it was working good and honestly nothing that would affect the keylayout was changed. Thankyou for letting me and others know it worked though. Does your device connect to ubuntu through adb?
    You know im not sure how to use ubuntu yet i havent tried. Im still learning but so i dont know much about ubuntu yet but ill start checking that out seems like alot of people on here talk about it. Im kinda new to this stuff but im unemployed right now so ive got the time. I would really like to start creating roms. By the way it really did change my button layout so i would like to see if anyone else had that problem so if anyone else had they're button layout change when you flash the mvdalvik could you post it please. Just trying to make sure im not crazy.
    07-06-2011 07:41 PM
    im sorry i have multable projects going on you see i have two optimus s phones and two virgin mobile phones and i accidently flashed the optimus s version of the file you left us a link for my bad. i did try youre zip and it didnt add the space to the phone it had 145 megs when i flash the optimus s version it has 175 megs. again sorry about that and ill try to look into my work a little better nextime before i post.
    07-06-2011 09:54 PM
    So far it runs very smooth, I miss the reborn toolbars and dropdown, but I will stick with this for a while. Thanks!
    07-07-2011 10:04 AM
    So far it runs very smooth, I miss the reborn toolbars and dropdown, but I will stick with this for a while. Thanks!
    What tool bars? I been looking at a clear button for the voicemail notifications. Also adding buttons to the notifications pull down in that order (spam callers leaving five minute blank voicemail messages). But I'm not sure what the tool box is.
    07-07-2011 02:30 PM
    What tool bars? I been looking at a clear button for the voicemail notifications. Also adding buttons to the notifications pull down in that order (spam callers leaving five minute blank voicemail messages). But I'm not sure what the tool box is.
    Sorry I meant notification bar, weatherbug wont open with this rom, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still didn't work, it just force closes right away, and my app shortcuts on my main screen quit working at one point, but when I rebooted, they were back
    07-07-2011 04:13 PM
    Sorry I meant notification bar, weatherbug wont open with this rom, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still didn't work, it just force closes right away, and my app shortcuts on my main screen quit working at one point, but when I rebooted, they were back
    I tried it to I'm not sure why it's happening I'll pull a logcat and see if I can fix it this weekend.
    07-07-2011 11:03 PM
    No big deal, I just wanted to report incase of was something bigger than weatherbug. Thank you
    07-07-2011 11:17 PM
    Absolutely LOVE this rom. The speed and smoothness is outstanding. Thanks so much.
    I have had both Poynt and Movies apps force closing, as well as Bluetooth when trying to pair with wife's Optimus V.
    The focus for the camera needs remapped to focus (#247)
    Needs black status bar, Notification power widget, and small carrier label to make it perfect. Definetly not Complaining.
    I'm still awestruck about the performance from this rom.
    I about S*** my pants when I seen this wasn't even overclocked
    08-23-2011 05:58 AM
    Absolutely LOVE this rom. The speed and smoothness is outstanding. Thanks so much.
    I have had both Poynt and Movies apps force closing, as well as Bluetooth when trying to pair with wife's Optimus V.
    The focus for the camera needs remapped to focus (#247)
    Needs black status bar, Notification power widget, and small carrier label to make it perfect. Definetly not Complaining.
    I'm still awestruck about the performance from this rom.
    I about S*** my pants when I seen this wasn't even overclocked
    I doubt any of that will be fixed as this project looks abandoned.
    08-23-2011 07:16 PM
    Restart this project please!
    11-06-2011 11:45 PM
    Restart this project please!
    I don't know if it's abandoned or not. I figured out what was wrong with the browser issue and anything that used the interwebs. Maybe I'll get a chance this weekend but I'm not promising anything at all. I dindt' know there was a bluetooth issue ( or forgot) If I don't fix it this next two weeks consider it abandoned .
    11-08-2011 07:35 PM
    I don't know if it's abandoned or not. I figured out what was wrong with the browser issue and anything that used the interwebs. Maybe I'll get a chance this weekend but I'm not promising anything at all. I dindt' know there was a bluetooth issue ( or forgot) If I don't fix it this next two weeks consider it abandoned .
    sounds very fair, thanks
    11-11-2011 05:55 AM
    I know its past two weeks, but having just got a 2.2.2 phone I've found this rom to be the best running I've tried since getting the phone. (For some reason running the other Froyo roms results in less signal being detected!?) So what I'm getting at is, could you reconsider the decision you've evidentially made to abandon this?

So far I haven't been hit by any bugs (I don't currently have any bluetooth devices,) I'd just like to know if it is possible to hide the privacy menu so I don't accidentally forget not to use it, revert to the old market (IMHO it works better on the smaller screen of our Optimuses) and please, please a black status bar! If possible it'd also like to have a power toggle bar in the notification area and for the widgets to be combined by application types.

Otherwise like I said above, I'm loving this rom, thanks for your hard work and sharing it with us!

--bornagainpenguin
    12-21-2011 11:39 AM
    Honestly I've been trying to clean up alot of the threads I started and either delete or update them. I didn't put this on the delete list. One thing is I gotta redo the entire rom to fix the browser issues yep.
    bornagainpenguin likes this.
    12-21-2011 12:27 PM
    I didn't put this on the delete list. One thing is I gotta redo the entire rom to fix the browser issues yep.
    Awesome news!

I guess I haven't encountered any of the browser issues since I tend to use Opera Mobile on my phone. So far so good, everything I've tried has worked for me. I wonder if it helps that my phone was originally Android 2.2.2?

--bornagainpenguin
    12-21-2011 01:49 PM
    the only difference there would be for reception is if the ril libraries from the 2.2.1 roms don't get along well with the newer pv5 radio image built into the 2.2.2 phones.
    12-21-2011 02:47 PM
    the only difference there would be for reception is if the ril libraries from the 2.2.1 roms don't get along well with the newer pv5 radio image built into the 2.2.2 phones.
    Makes sense to me, how can I test it so we can know for sure?

--bornagainpenguin
    12-21-2011 02:48 PM
    maybe copy all the ril files from the 2.2.2 rom to the 2.2.1 and see if it improves.
    there's a list in the iho device_lge_thunderc device makefile.
    12-21-2011 03:34 PM
    What I'm doing right now is rebuilding this but with the 2.2.1 base rom with the boot.img bigsupersquid had in the basic stock rom so that all can use but without some errors and wifi tethering working. As everything is working good I'll add different things and hopefully completely finish this rom soon. Something should be out tonight.

EDIT Just reread what you guys were talking about originally this rom was based off 2.2.2 so issues weren't from the ril files it was an issue with not using the correct mem settings in apk manager. and doing things I shouldn't in browser.apk
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    12-21-2011 05:40 PM
    What I'm doing right now is rebuilding this but with the 2.2.1 base rom with the boot.img bigsupersquid had in the basic stock rom so that all can use but without some errors and wifi tethering working. As everything is working good I'll add different things and hopefully completely finish this rom soon. Something should be out tonight.
    That's good news indeed, since I've just started running into issues. After using my phone all day to download my purchased apps and podcasts via listen suddenly Opera gave me a network error. Then after I went into airplane mode and back, I installed youtube and have been completely unable to get it to work. So hopefully fixing whatever the browser issue was will fix that too.

EDIT Just reread what you guys were talking about originally this rom was based off 2.2.2 so issues weren't from the ril files it was an issue with not using the correct mem settings in apk manager. and doing things I shouldn't in browser.apk
    No, no, no...those issues I and bigsupersquid were talking about were the reasons why I wanted to stick with a 2.2.2 rom if at all possible. In other roms I keep on having less signal than I did on my old 2.2.1 phone. I can only assume that Virgin Mobile's version of 2.2.2 changed the radio firmware as well as the OS software, making things not work as well when I try to run Froyo roms (most of which are 2.2.1).

--bornagainpenguin
    12-21-2011 08:25 PM
    That's good news indeed, since I've just started running into issues. After using my phone all day to download my purchased apps and podcasts via listen suddenly Opera gave me a network error. Then after I went into airplane mode and back, I installed youtube and have been completely unable to get it to work. So hopefully fixing whatever the browser issue was will fix that too.

No, no, no...those issues I and bigsupersquid were talking about were the reasons why I wanted to stick with a 2.2.2 rom if at all possible. In other roms I keep on having less signal than I did on my old 2.2.1 phone. I can only assume that Virgin Mobile's version of 2.2.2 changed the radio firmware as well as the OS software, making things not work as well when I try to run Froyo roms (most of which are 2.2.1).

--bornagainpenguin
    i don't think the firmware comes attached to any rom except in the cab files from lg.
    the ril libraries for 2.2.2 may be different to match the pv5 radio though. the 2.2.1 v's had pv4 firmware I'm pretty sure.
    12-21-2011 09:25 PM
    Here's what I've got done so far if your running 2.2.2 give it a go to make sure it works

forgot the link don't expect much version here
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    12-21-2011 11:44 PM
    Thanks for the weekday update!

Okay, here's what I've done so far, I will keep you appraised as I go along:

1) booted into recovery (Xionia CWMA v1.2518.6) and wiped out the current installation with the Bumblebee Wiper (update_wiper_1.3).

2) copied back my original 2.2.2 stock backed up from nandroid.

3) Tried to flash the weekday update. Got the signature error! Toggled the signature verification option and tried again, this time success!

4) rebooted the phone, watched stock Virgin Mobile animation come up and then from there the Android flashing text boot animation. Boot animation goes for a bit, then stutters as the screen goes black and a single cursor line appears at the top of the screen. Boot animation of Android text resumes and continues for about ten seconds before stuttering again. Is this the famous boot loop?

5) Open back cover, remove battery. Do three key combo to return to recovery...

a) Try boot loop fix in recovery. Watch Virgin Mobile animation and Android animation compete with each other for screen time, Android text overlaying red background, screen stutters black and resumes with only Android flashing text and the symptoms described above.

b) Try flashing the anykernel (pica07remix.zip) and has same effect as a) nearly identical!

6) Return to recovery and restore nandroid of other rom was testing before bed.

Its a no go, can't even seem to get into the system! Is there a md5 I can use to make sure I got a good download, or something obvious I did wrong from my descriptions?

--bornagainpenguin
    12-22-2011 11:47 AM
    i'd say try wiping, skip the restore, and flash the new version clean.
    12-22-2011 11:58 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD