ARCHIVED: [rom] 2.2.2 weekend project 7/2/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Weird. I had to get on my computer to see the ROM download. From my phone it just showed me a bunch of slidethemes, roms, and gapps in the google docs section. Oh well got it now so time to test another new option. Thanks. :)

Growjunky

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
That's one of the things I'm looking into right now. I noticed that google maps is 10 mbs and apps are getting larger so any extra room would be nice.
The kernels will probably have to be recompiled to work correctly with this rom. I can compile them but am not that good at adding things to them ..... yet. Hopefully I or someone will be able to compile a kernel for this.

Here's a link to a modified boot.img that I made in an attempt to move dalvik to cache let me know what kind chnges you notice. I'm sitting at 160mb free space. Also busybox is necessary so check out stericssons busybox installer in the market first. It's called dalcal.zip

Grab the one that says basic2.2.2._7_2_2011.zip in the future all uploads will have the name and date of the rom like this is a basic 2.2.2 rom built on 7/2/2011
ok i flashed the mvdalvik then my hardware keys swiched to optimus s style so i then flashed picastix 07a.zip and it worked i got the 40 megs extra and my buttons are mapped out right again. Now i have'nt had a chance to test it very long but so far it seems like its ok so far ill keep you posted.

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Does the accelerometer work with custom kernel yet? I have not had any luck with the 2.2.2 roms.
They haven't released the 2.2.2 kernel source so there's nothing I can do about different kernels so get at the kernel makers about that. And honestly since the source hasn't been released they might not be able to do anything about it either

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
ok i flashed the mvdalvik then my hardware keys swiched to optimus s style so i then flashed picastix 07a.zip and it worked i got the 40 megs extra and my buttons are mapped out right again. Now i have'nt had a chance to test it very long but so far it seems like its ok so far ill keep you posted.

Your menu buttons shouldn't have changed if you flashed the zip file that I posted. I tested it out before uploading to make sure that it was working good and honestly nothing that would affect the keylayout was changed. Thankyou for letting me and others know it worked though. Does your device connect to ubuntu through adb?

Growjunky

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Your menu buttons shouldn't have changed if you flashed the zip file that I posted. I tested it out before uploading to make sure that it was working good and honestly nothing that would affect the keylayout was changed. Thankyou for letting me and others know it worked though. Does your device connect to ubuntu through adb?
You know im not sure how to use ubuntu yet i havent tried. Im still learning but so i dont know much about ubuntu yet but ill start checking that out seems like alot of people on here talk about it. Im kinda new to this stuff but im unemployed right now so ive got the time. I would really like to start creating roms. By the way it really did change my button layout so i would like to see if anyone else had that problem so if anyone else had they're button layout change when you flash the mvdalvik could you post it please. Just trying to make sure im not crazy.

Growjunky

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
im sorry i have multable projects going on you see i have two optimus s phones and two virgin mobile phones and i accidently flashed the optimus s version of the file you left us a link for my bad. i did try youre zip and it didnt add the space to the phone it had 145 megs when i flash the optimus s version it has 175 megs. again sorry about that and ill try to look into my work a little better nextime before i post.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So far it runs very smooth, I miss the reborn toolbars and dropdown, but I will stick with this for a while. Thanks!

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
So far it runs very smooth, I miss the reborn toolbars and dropdown, but I will stick with this for a while. Thanks!
What tool bars? I been looking at a clear button for the voicemail notifications. Also adding buttons to the notifications pull down in that order (spam callers leaving five minute blank voicemail messages). But I'm not sure what the tool box is.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
What tool bars? I been looking at a clear button for the voicemail notifications. Also adding buttons to the notifications pull down in that order (spam callers leaving five minute blank voicemail messages). But I'm not sure what the tool box is.

Sorry I meant notification bar, weatherbug wont open with this rom, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still didn't work, it just force closes right away, and my app shortcuts on my main screen quit working at one point, but when I rebooted, they were back

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I meant notification bar, weatherbug wont open with this rom, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still didn't work, it just force closes right away, and my app shortcuts on my main screen quit working at one point, but when I rebooted, they were back

I tried it to I'm not sure why it's happening I'll pull a logcat and see if I can fix it this weekend.

houckinternet

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely LOVE this rom. The speed and smoothness is outstanding. Thanks so much.
I have had both Poynt and Movies apps force closing, as well as Bluetooth when trying to pair with wife's Optimus V.
The focus for the camera needs remapped to focus (#247)
Needs black status bar, Notification power widget, and small carrier label to make it perfect. Definetly not Complaining.
I'm still awestruck about the performance from this rom.
I about S*** my pants when I seen this wasn't even overclocked:-[

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely LOVE this rom. The speed and smoothness is outstanding. Thanks so much.
I have had both Poynt and Movies apps force closing, as well as Bluetooth when trying to pair with wife's Optimus V.
The focus for the camera needs remapped to focus (#247)
Needs black status bar, Notification power widget, and small carrier label to make it perfect. Definetly not Complaining.
I'm still awestruck about the performance from this rom.
I about S*** my pants when I seen this wasn't even overclocked:-[

I doubt any of that will be fixed as this project looks abandoned.

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Restart this project please!

I don't know if it's abandoned or not. I figured out what was wrong with the browser issue and anything that used the interwebs. Maybe I'll get a chance this weekend but I'm not promising anything at all. I dindt' know there was a bluetooth issue ( or forgot) If I don't fix it this next two weeks consider it abandoned .

houckinternet

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it's abandoned or not. I figured out what was wrong with the browser issue and anything that used the interwebs. Maybe I'll get a chance this weekend but I'm not promising anything at all. I dindt' know there was a bluetooth issue ( or forgot) If I don't fix it this next two weeks consider it abandoned .

sounds very fair, thanks

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I know its past two weeks, but having just got a 2.2.2 phone I've found this rom to be the best running I've tried since getting the phone. (For some reason running the other Froyo roms results in less signal being detected!?) So what I'm getting at is, could you reconsider the decision you've evidentially made to abandon this?

So far I haven't been hit by any bugs (I don't currently have any bluetooth devices,) I'd just like to know if it is possible to hide the privacy menu so I don't accidentally forget not to use it, revert to the old market (IMHO it works better on the smaller screen of our Optimuses) and please, please a black status bar! If possible it'd also like to have a power toggle bar in the notification area and for the widgets to be combined by application types.

Otherwise like I said above, I'm loving this rom, thanks for your hard work and sharing it with us!

--bornagainpenguin

Last edited:

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I've been trying to clean up alot of the threads I started and either delete or update them. I didn't put this on the delete list. One thing is I gotta redo the entire rom to fix the browser issues yep.

Reactions: bornagainpenguin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon