12-22-2011 02:45 PM
54 123
tools
    Hmmm... Okay that worked. Wonder why there was even an issue?

Now to look around and see what's different...

--bornagainpenguin

UPDATED: Hmmm...funny looks more like a stock 2.2.1 than it does 2.2.2 and that's what it is reporting itself as. Difference seems to be in the kernel and in the phone connectivity to the towers. My phone looks to be averaging all but one bar right now, a very strong signal!

I'm going to let the default gapps and etc update themselves and test them before rolling back my stock nandroid to see what the reported kernel version is.

Market just complained about Streetview having a bad signature, it wants me to uninstall the current version before it will allow me to update it. Going to dig out my copy of rootexplorer and try uninstalling...

Uhoh! Superuser is complaining about legacy su and refusing to update...is this rom rooted?

Personal note weekday rom kernel is: 2.6.32.9 lge@android-build #4

Hmm...kernel was the same in the stock 2.2.2 as the one used here.
    12-22-2011 12:51 PM
    Not much just making sure that it works i was having some problems with my laptop wasn't sure that everything was being built correctly
    12-22-2011 01:13 PM
    Well like I said above, there seem to be some issues with SU and Superuser not wanting to update and making me question whether or not the rom was rooted. And the Streetview app complained about signatures not being correct, suggesting that I try uninstalling the one included with the rom before trying to update. Of course since I am having root issues...

--bornagainpenguin

PS: I won't be able to do much more testing today, I have to be ready to head out the door soon and want my phone to be in sorta ready to go status.
    12-22-2011 01:20 PM
    the kernel build info in about phone didn't change between the 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 releases, even though they are definitely different.
    I checked when I got a new OV with the hitachi screen.
    probably a md5sum would show a difference.
    12-22-2011 02:45 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD