12-22-2011 02:45 PM
54 123
tools
    This is just a little something I'm putting together based on the 2.2.2 system and boot images that were uploaded by thatguy123 soon to be great or a big disappointment

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE!!

CHANGELOG
    [center]
    Code:
    • 7/1/2011 removed alot of apps removed virgin mobile bootsound and screen fixed wifi tether and added the wifi tether widget (thanks alek chymr and nick 7) resigned all except google apps with release keys (to prevent viruses) 7/2/2011 added reboot and reboot recovery to powermenu added zipalign and a zipalign script to rom changed key layout (side button now power, only power buttons and menu buttons wake the screen)
    NOTES
    For some reason I don't know why if you turn r.osecure=1 to 0 to enable adb remount functions you can't get into adb shell so I left it at 1

If you use kickback soundback or any of the others go into settings/accessibility and just push okay when you get hit with the popup notification and it will take you where you need to go to download what you need

to access wifi tether long press on the home screen and select either the full or single tethering widget

I left out busybox because you can get it by typing stericson in the market and installing busybox installer

Just a suggestion check out es file explorer for a free root explorer app

Added a new zipalign script to activate it you need busybox once you install busybox in adb type
    Code:
    su
    sh /system/sd/zipalign_apks.sh

Thanks to:
    nick 7 for the tip on wifi tethering
    alek chymr for allowing me to include wifi tethering widget
    thatguy123 for uploading the 2.2.2 images
    coolbho3000 for zipalign script
    daneshm90 for apkmanager
    jesusfreke for smali baksmali
    brutall for apktool

07-01-2011 06:52 PM
    ill try this all out as soon as my phone charges up
    07-01-2011 07:30 PM
    I get "Web page not available" when I click the download

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-01-2011 10:19 PM
    Takes me to a page full of sense themes?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-01-2011 10:29 PM
    Link is working. Took me a google docs download.
    07-01-2011 11:10 PM
    Which file do you grab?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-01-2011 11:15 PM
    Can I use the BumbleBee Kernel and Link2SD with this rom?
    07-02-2011 12:01 AM
    I still get the same message
    Ha I had to use the netbook to get to it. Got it installed with the bumblebee kernel everything is good so far. Thanks for this
    07-02-2011 12:02 AM
    It should work, but this is a brand new project, so you may have to tell us based on your results.
    07-02-2011 12:14 AM
    I'll make a backup, try it out and post my results in the AM
    07-02-2011 12:16 AM
    I'm not a 100% sure if it will or not, should I think. If your phone explodes though ........

edit: I tried out picasticks on this and it works pretty well
    07-02-2011 12:37 AM
    No offense, but you made quite a few roms that you completely stop supporting the next day.

Sent from my Optimus V
    07-02-2011 08:39 AM
    No offense, but you made quite a few roms that you completely stop supporting the next day.

Sent from my Optimus V
    Your right and let me apologize for that and explain a little bit. I've got a two jobs and school I'm a union ironworker and do home repair both are kinda slow at times and I might even have a week or so off but then sometimes I'll end up working 12 hour days for week(s). So I end up coming home having time to shower read a couple funny posts (the whole motorola triumph thread)and sleep.
    I'm not saying this so that you or anyone will feel sorry for me. I just wanna explain why things are what they are. I know that I probably haven't been as supportive as obijohn leslieann or other rom makers and that's why I'm calling this rom, "weekend project". I'm gonna work on it this weekend adding little things testing it out and then next weekend I'll add some more things in here till I feel it's good enough to let go and move onto porting the optimus p500 gingerbread to our devices.

Still looking into the kernels thing gonna retract my earlier erased comment on picasticks kernel. Maybe an issue with what I did to get wifi tethering to work. Battery life with the kernel is terrible NOT ON PICASTICKS END THOUGH.
    07-02-2011 09:07 AM
    Your right and let me apologize for that and explain a little bit. I've got a two jobs and school I'm a union ironworker and do home repair both are kinda slow at times and I might even have a week or so off but then sometimes I'll end up working 12 hour days for week(s). So I end up coming home having time to shower read a couple funny posts (the whole motorola triumph thread)and sleep.
    I'm not saying this so that you or anyone will feel sorry for me. I just wanna explain why things are what they are. I know that I probably haven't been as supportive as obijohn leslieann or other rom makers and that's why I'm calling this rom, "weekend project". I'm gonna work on it this weekend adding little things testing it out and then next weekend I'll add some more things in here till I feel it's good enough to let go and move onto porting the optimus p500 gingerbread to our devices.

Still looking into the kernels thing gonna retract my earlier erased comment on picasticks kernel. Maybe an issue with what I did to get wifi tethering to work. Battery life with the kernel is terrible NOT ON PICASTICKS END THOUGH.
    Sounds great best of luck to you

Sent from my Optimus V
    07-02-2011 09:21 PM
    All the files I see in the docs are slide files. Which should I be grabbing?

07-02-2011 11:42 PM
    Asadullah, if you are open to requests for weekend project, the dalvik to cache mod would be nice. Also a bug report, the screen rotation doesn't work if you flash a custom kernel. I tried it with both picasticks and bumblebee.
    07-03-2011 01:45 AM
    Asadullah, if you are open to requests for weekend project, the dalvik to cache mod would be nice. Also a bug report, the screen rotation doesn't work if you flash a custom kernel. I tried it with both picasticks and bumblebee.
    That's one of the things I'm looking into right now. I noticed that google maps is 10 mbs and apps are getting larger so any extra room would be nice.
    The kernels will probably have to be recompiled to work correctly with this rom. I can compile them but am not that good at adding things to them ..... yet. Hopefully I or someone will be able to compile a kernel for this.

Here's a link to a modified boot.img that I made in an attempt to move dalvik to cache let me know what kind chnges you notice. I'm sitting at 160mb free space. Also busybox is necessary so check out stericssons busybox installer in the market first. It's called dalcal.zip

All the files I see in the docs are slide files. Which should I be grabbing?

Grab the one that says basic2.2.2._7_2_2011.zip in the future all uploads will have the name and date of the rom like this is a basic 2.2.2 rom built on 7/2/2011
    07-03-2011 09:49 AM
    I'll try it out when I get a chance. I'm working offshore right now and the internet on the boat is slower than dial up. As soon I get back to dock I'll download and test. Who knows, maybe someone will come up working kernel by then.
    07-04-2011 12:55 AM
    ill try this all out as soon as my phone charges up
    this rom is smooth. I have flashed every rom there is for the v and so far i like how this one feels the best so far. I think all you guys and gals for the hard work you put in. I know this stuff isn't easy i've been studying android mods for a year or so and i just want you to know how much we apreciate all youre hard work. I was hoping if you can find some time to do mvdalvik for this 2.2.2 rom or at least let us know if you plan on doing it in the future.
    07-05-2011 08:35 PM
    this rom is smooth. I have flashed every rom there is for the v and so far i like how this one feels the best so far. I think all you guys and gals for the hard work you put in. I know this stuff isn't easy i've been studying android mods for a year or so and i just want you to know how much we apreciate all youre hard work. I was hoping if you can find some time to do mvdalvik for this 2.2.2 rom or at least let us know if you plan on doing it in the future.
    sorry about that last post i just noticed someone already asked about mvdalvik im going to try that zip ill post how well it works when i get a chance again sorry about the repost.
    07-05-2011 09:12 PM
    Weird. I had to get on my computer to see the ROM download. From my phone it just showed me a bunch of slidethemes, roms, and gapps in the google docs section. Oh well got it now so time to test another new option. Thanks.
    07-06-2011 12:26 AM
    That's one of the things I'm looking into right now. I noticed that google maps is 10 mbs and apps are getting larger so any extra room would be nice.
    The kernels will probably have to be recompiled to work correctly with this rom. I can compile them but am not that good at adding things to them ..... yet. Hopefully I or someone will be able to compile a kernel for this.

Here's a link to a modified boot.img that I made in an attempt to move dalvik to cache let me know what kind chnges you notice. I'm sitting at 160mb free space. Also busybox is necessary so check out stericssons busybox installer in the market first. It's called dalcal.zip

Grab the one that says basic2.2.2._7_2_2011.zip in the future all uploads will have the name and date of the rom like this is a basic 2.2.2 rom built on 7/2/2011
    ok i flashed the mvdalvik then my hardware keys swiched to optimus s style so i then flashed picastix 07a.zip and it worked i got the 40 megs extra and my buttons are mapped out right again. Now i have'nt had a chance to test it very long but so far it seems like its ok so far ill keep you posted.
    07-06-2011 12:47 AM
    Does the accelerometer work with custom kernel yet? I have not had any luck with the 2.2.2 roms.
    07-06-2011 10:43 AM
    Very smooth rom I'd say
    asadullah likes this.
    07-06-2011 01:16 PM
    Does the accelerometer work with custom kernel yet? I have not had any luck with the 2.2.2 roms.
    They haven't released the 2.2.2 kernel source so there's nothing I can do about different kernels so get at the kernel makers about that. And honestly since the source hasn't been released they might not be able to do anything about it either
    07-06-2011 04:16 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD