[THEME] Custom -=Theme_Team=- Themes (9/11/11-New Theme Mods)

anon283326

Android Addict
Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
No offense, I'm not much of a fan of the android central blue guy in the bottom right corner of the dropdown status bar in the "blueTouch" theme. I like a more nameless, clean look. But good job, though! :)

Sent from my LG Optimus V Using Tapatalk

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [THEME] Reborn ROM Themes by the Theme_Team (UPDATED - 7/18)

Are there any plans to bring over the Optimus S "Chillout" theme to the Optimus V? I LOVE that theme, flashed it for a friend on his "S", want it SO bad on mine :) I have a black and blue case on my phone atm, so it would look perfect :D

That one is going to be difficult for me to bring over to the v. The reason is, in order to get all the text color changed, I need to mod a file while it is on the phone via command prompt on my PC. And since I do not own a v, it makes it a little difficult to do that. :p

I've been looking into how to edit services.jar manually, but it is a very difficult file to understand. I will keep trying though. ;)

No offense, I'm not much of a fan of the android central blue guy in the bottom right corner of the dropdown status bar in the "blueTouch" theme. I like a more nameless, clean look. But good job, though! :)

Thanks, all of our themes are open for custom tweaking. If you would like blueTouch modded to your liking, just post your request here.

anon283326

Android Addict
Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
That one is going to be difficult for me to bring over to the v. The reason is, in order to get all the text color changed, I need to mod a file while it is on the phone via command prompt on my PC. And since I do not own a v, it makes it a little difficult to do that. :p

I've been looking into how to edit services.jar manually, but it is a very difficult file to understand. I will keep trying though. ;)

I know what you mean :p thank you so much for all your work, the themes are brilliant! I'd gladly donate $20+ to your paypal account if that theme were made available :D it's by far the best I've seen so far, and I plan on keeping this ROM for quite a while.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Are there any plans to bring over the Optimus S "Chillout" theme to the Optimus V? I LOVE that theme, flashed it for a friend on his "S", want it SO bad on mine :) I have a black and blue case on my phone atm, so it would look perfect :D

Ok, if this works I will be more thrilled than you will, LOL!!! This idea came to me a bit ago but this is the first time I have tried it.

It might bootloop. It will take a little longer to boot no matter what, but if the bootanimation freezes and restarts over and over, you will need to remove and reinsert the battery and boot into recovery and restore your Nandroid. (Home>Volume Down>Power) I assume it is the same for the V.

***Important*** -- You must make a NANDROID backup BEFORE flashing this!!!

Hope this works!!

theme_chillOut-reborn-v.zip

Last edited:

anon283326

Android Addict
Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
It worked after I removed the battery (it went into a reboot loop the first time). Then when it booted up, all my apps had disappeared :( but when I went into Titanium Backup to restore them, it said they were already installed...? Now I'm confused. The theme worked, here's the screenshot:

20110729160026.png

But there's still the aforementioned problem....

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
And all those apps are missing from your app drawer as well?

Truthfully, I wish it would not boot loop at all. I'll try something different when I get home this evening

Last edited:

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Well the fact that it actually displayed the right text colors is awesome. That's a huge hurdle to overcome for me without having a v to test on. I know what to do now to fix the other issue.

Just restore your nandroid and all your apps will be back.

anon283326

Android Addict
Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
...It worked! :D thank you so much, I'm going to send a beer your way on paypal a soon as I can :
;)

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
...It worked! :D thank you so much, I'm going to send a beer your way on paypal a soon as I can :
;)

Wait, wait,......... what do you mean it work, I didn't change anything yet

So are you saying my original file I posted is a good flash?

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Wait, wait,......... what do you mean it work, I didn't change anything yet

So are you saying my original file I posted is a good flash?

Think he meant the nandroid restored his apps? Looking forward to your fix.

On a side note, when you boot, give your phone 5 minutes to load your apps from your sd card. Mine used to load instantly, now it takes 3-5 minutes.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Think he meant the nandroid restored his apps? Looking forward to your fix.

On a side note, when you boot, give your phone 5 minutes to load your apps from your sd card. Mine used to load instantly, now it takes 3-5 minutes.

Ahh, ok.

Hey would you care to test that theme as well? Just wouldn't mind a second test.

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Flashed, it booted first try, no hiccups. Only problem, and one I can't overlook lol, the app icons don't appear. The apps are installed though, they open but the icon's are the same as in the screenshot he posted. (a couple didn't but I assume that's just a bad boot)

Themes nice though, been using black widow, this one would definitely replace.

Edit: Decided to flash black widow before restoring backup, app icons arent appearin on that either. So it's definitely in the chillout theme.

Last edited:

anon283326

Android Addict
Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
As long as you do a NAND backup before flashing it and RESTORE it afterwards, it should work fine...sure, there is a bug here and there, icons disappearing, first booting issues, but it's a great theme. It might just be something that was in the original Optimus S version that was brought over that doesn't agree with the V...maybe a random .rsa file or framework problem, however it's very minor at that. Besides disappearing icons and apps, nothing else seems to be wrong with it :)

P.S: @jstntp what did u edit in the v1.2 file? Just curious :p

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

As long as you do a NAND backup before flashing it and RESTORE it afterwards, it should work fine...sure, there is a bug here and there, icons disappearing, first booting issues, but it's a great theme. It might just be something that was in the original Optimus S version that was brought over that doesn't agree with the V...maybe a random .rsa file or framework problem, however it's very minor at that. Besides disappearing icons and apps, nothing else seems to be wrong with it :)

P.S: @jstntp what did u edit in the v1.2 file? Just curious :p

Since this is the first theme for the V that I touched services.jar, I just re-edited that file for 1.2. I Figured I screwed it up somewhere. But that made no difference. I understand your theory of possible files brought over from the S, but I modded the same framework that was included in Nick's Reborn ROM for the V. Only thing that is the same as the S is purely images.

I'm going to rebuild this one from scratch again (slowly) and throw out a v1.3 for you guys to test out if you don't mind. I really want to get this right. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair