02-29-2012 02:41 PM
128 1234 ...
tools
    It worked after I removed the battery (it went into a reboot loop the first time). Then when it booted up, all my apps had disappeared but when I went into Titanium Backup to restore them, it said they were already installed...? Now I'm confused. The theme worked, here's the screenshot:

But there's still the aforementioned problem....

Sent from my LG Optimus V Using Tapatalk
    07-29-2011 04:17 PM
    And all those apps are missing from your app drawer as well?

Truthfully, I wish it would not boot loop at all. I'll try something different when I get home this evening
    07-29-2011 04:36 PM
    If you could find a way to fix this, that would complete it. it's perfect otherwise

07-29-2011 05:07 PM
    And all those apps are missing from your app drawer as well?
    Yup

07-29-2011 05:08 PM
    Well the fact that it actually displayed the right text colors is awesome. That's a huge hurdle to overcome for me without having a v to test on. I know what to do now to fix the other issue.

Just restore your nandroid and all your apps will be back.
    07-29-2011 05:17 PM
    ...It worked! thank you so much, I'm going to send a beer your way on paypal a soon as I can :

07-29-2011 06:42 PM
    ...It worked! thank you so much, I'm going to send a beer your way on paypal a soon as I can :

Wait, wait,......... what do you mean it work, I didn't change anything yet

So are you saying my original file I posted is a good flash?
    07-29-2011 06:52 PM
    Wait, wait,......... what do you mean it work, I didn't change anything yet

So are you saying my original file I posted is a good flash?
    Think he meant the nandroid restored his apps? Looking forward to your fix.

On a side note, when you boot, give your phone 5 minutes to load your apps from your sd card. Mine used to load instantly, now it takes 3-5 minutes.
    07-29-2011 06:55 PM
    Think he meant the nandroid restored his apps? Looking forward to your fix.

On a side note, when you boot, give your phone 5 minutes to load your apps from your sd card. Mine used to load instantly, now it takes 3-5 minutes.
    Ahh, ok.

Hey would you care to test that theme as well? Just wouldn't mind a second test.
    07-29-2011 07:03 PM
    Flashed, it booted first try, no hiccups. Only problem, and one I can't overlook lol, the app icons don't appear. The apps are installed though, they open but the icon's are the same as in the screenshot he posted. (a couple didn't but I assume that's just a bad boot)

Themes nice though, been using black widow, this one would definitely replace.

Edit: Decided to flash black widow before restoring backup, app icons arent appearin on that either. So it's definitely in the chillout theme.
    07-29-2011 07:39 PM
    ***TESTING PHASE #2***

Anyone who wants to test this theme out, MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP FIRST!!!

Crossing my fingers!!

theme_chillOut-V-reborn-1.2.zip
    07-29-2011 09:02 PM
    ***TESTING PHASE #2***

Anyone who wants to test this theme out, MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP FIRST!!!

Crossing my fingers!!

theme_chillOut-V-reborn-1.2.zip
    Same problem with icons
    07-29-2011 09:44 PM
    Same problem with icons
    K, now I'm flat out confused.
    07-29-2011 09:51 PM
    As long as you do a NAND backup before flashing it and RESTORE it afterwards, it should work fine...sure, there is a bug here and there, icons disappearing, first booting issues, but it's a great theme. It might just be something that was in the original Optimus S version that was brought over that doesn't agree with the V...maybe a random .rsa file or framework problem, however it's very minor at that. Besides disappearing icons and apps, nothing else seems to be wrong with it

P.S: @jstntp what did u edit in the v1.2 file? Just curious

07-30-2011 12:47 AM
    As long as you do a NAND backup before flashing it and RESTORE it afterwards, it should work fine...sure, there is a bug here and there, icons disappearing, first booting issues, but it's a great theme. It might just be something that was in the original Optimus S version that was brought over that doesn't agree with the V...maybe a random .rsa file or framework problem, however it's very minor at that. Besides disappearing icons and apps, nothing else seems to be wrong with it

P.S: @jstntp what did u edit in the v1.2 file? Just curious

Since this is the first theme for the V that I touched services.jar, I just re-edited that file for 1.2. I Figured I screwed it up somewhere. But that made no difference. I understand your theory of possible files brought over from the S, but I modded the same framework that was included in Nick's Reborn ROM for the V. Only thing that is the same as the S is purely images.

I'm going to rebuild this one from scratch again (slowly) and throw out a v1.3 for you guys to test out if you don't mind. I really want to get this right.
    07-30-2011 01:08 AM
    You don't have to do that, jstntp! But if you want to, I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated by all at this forum who are eager to have yet another great theme for Reborn your work just getting this theme to the V at all is more than deserving of our gratitude at this forum. But thank you so much for making the difficult possible

good luck

07-30-2011 01:18 AM
    P.S: when I flashed it, unlike what the others have said, my phone literally thought the apis weren't installed, even though when I went to re-install them, it said they were already there. Confused???

Take a look at this:

07-30-2011 01:22 AM
    Thought the *APPS*, not "apis"...lol

07-30-2011 01:22 AM
    Ya, too weird!!! Let me play with it a bit.
    07-30-2011 01:26 AM
    Man I feel lilke this file is the same as before. But, giver a shot!!

NANDROID first!!!!

theme_chillOut-V-1.3.zip
    07-30-2011 01:59 AM
    Tried it last night but forgot to post. Didn't work, same problem.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-30-2011 10:00 AM
    Tried it last night but forgot to post. Didn't work, same problem.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

One more thing, did you wipe cache and dalvik before flashing? And if you did not, could you try that?

I have always been able to flash themes without a cache and dalvik wipe, but maybe the V needs it done with this theme.

EDIT: Even though the homescreens are not showing the app icons and widgets, you can still clear those empty icons and widgets and reload everything right???
    I mean, it's not like they were trully deleted from the phone right???
    07-30-2011 12:20 PM
    They aren't deleted but some Apps show as not installed, maybe 1/4 of them. Never had to wipe anything with your other themes.

I'll try with wiping just so you get some peace of mind

Edit: Wiped Cache and Dalvik...The apps loaded, it took a minute longer than usual but they all loaded. I'm rebooting to confirm.
    07-30-2011 02:59 PM
    Wiped dalvik cache and regular cache, same problem but there were some apps still installed u might be on to something...

07-30-2011 03:14 PM
    Rebooted, All apps loaded again. Very good job.
    07-30-2011 03:22 PM
128 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD