[THEME] Custom -=Theme_Team=- Themes (9/11/11-New Theme Mods)

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [THEME] Reborn Themes -=Theme_Team=- (Any Rom Update Coming S

Thanks,

The problem at the moment for me is I have some non Android things to take care of for the next few weeks. I've looked into theming for CM7 and there is quite a bit I need to learn and play around with there. But I do plan on it eventually.

With the little spare time I have now, its easy for me to tweak or play around with what I am already familiar with, which is froyo based.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with when you start doing cm7

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [THEME] Custom -=Theme_Team=- Themes (NEW 9/1/11 Any Froyo RO

[NOTE]
***TESTING PHASE FOR NON-REBORN ROM USERS***​
(Please report back with any results. Thanks to everyone in advance. :) )​

All themes in the OP should work with any Froyo 2.2 based Rom for the Optimus v. There are two mods that are added as well:
-- Power Control Toggles in the drop down screen just like Reborn has.
-- Extra reboot options when long pressing the Power button. (Depending on which ROM you are using, you may already have this)

Since I do not have an Optimus v, please consider yourselves testers for these themes if you are currently using any Froyo ROM other than Reborn. (WILL NOT WORK WITH CM7 ROMS)

Non-Reborn ROM users must see the revised flashing instructions listed below to get these themes to work. MAKE A NANDROID PLEASE!! (You were warned!!)

All credit goes to Nick7 for getting the Power Control Toggles ported to our device and allowing me to make these mods available outside of Reborn ROM.
[/NOTE]

[INFO]***NEW THEME ADDED ALSO***

Theme Name: black-N-tan

snap20110817_224441.png
snap20110817_224403.png
[/INFO]

Last edited:
Reactions: citizeninsane89

citizeninsane89

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

I'm on bumblebee using black n tan theme and the reboot/recovery options don't work in the power menu.

citizeninsane89

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Your talking about when you long press the power button, reboot and recovery options do nothing?

Hmmm, would not have thought a theme would break that.

No it gives the menu but I select reboot/recovery it either soft reboots the phone or the screen gets pixalated.
Only power off works properly.

Reactions: jstntp

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, and I am going to assume that you installed the theme exactly as my instructions stated.

Thanks for the input, I will see what I can find out. If that is the only hiccup, that's not that bad. In the mean time, Quickboot from the market will work great for ya until I can find a fix.

Will be curious how these themes do with the other Froyo roms.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
There is a wallpapers.zip at the bottom of the OP that has the untinted one in it. The one that you see in the lockscreen is cropped and would not make a good background image on the homescreen, if I have some time later ill try to recreate it for ya in the right size.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Wow these are great and almost make me consider switching from iho to harmonia.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

iamsteveu2

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Just flashed chillOut over Bumblebee 2.4. So far, so good. Thanks for all the hard work!

Quick question: Is there a way to change which settings are in the notification area pulldown? For example, if I wanted to delete the GPS toggle and add an Airplane Mode toggle, is there a way to do that? I'm not seeing that in the settings for the Power Control Settings app.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed chillOut over Bumblebee 2.4. So far, so good. Thanks for all the hard work!

Quick question: Is there a way to change which settings are in the notification area pulldown? For example, if I wanted to delete the GPS toggle and add an Airplane Mode toggle, is there a way to do that? I'm not seeing that in the settings for the Power Control Settings app.

Yep, you have to edit a text file on the phone. Let me finish up family time and ill find that link for ya.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

To change the toggles refer to this post for the available choices.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...eborn-rom-v2-2-4-7-24-11-a-80.html#post884373

I use Root Explorer to access my files on the phone, but there are free ones in the market that you can use to accomplish too.

Instructions using Root Explorer:

-Navigate to system/customize there you will find widget.txt.

-In the upper right hand corner of the screen toggle the "Mount R/W" button to "Mount R/O"

-Long press the widget.txt file and select "Open in text editor"

-Edit your file according to your preferences. Make sure there are no spaces in the entire line. It may look like there is spacing between the words, but in fact there are not.

-Press menu then save. It will automatically save the original as widget.txt.bak so you can revert back if need be.

-Back out of the app, Reboot and Enjoy ;)

iamsteveu2

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

To change the toggles refer to this post for the available choices.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...eborn-rom-v2-2-4-7-24-11-a-80.html#post884373

I use Root Explorer to access my files on the phone, but there are free ones in the market that you can use to accomplish too.

Instructions using Root Explorer:

-Navigate to system/customize there you will find widget.txt.

-In the upper right hand corner of the screen toggle the "Mount R/W" button to "Mount R/O"

-Long press the widget.txt file and select "Open in text editor"

-Edit your file according to your preferences. Make sure there are no spaces in the entire line. It may look like there is spacing between the words, but in fact there are not.

-Press menu then save. It will automatically save the original as widget.txt.bak so you can revert back if need be.

-Back out of the app, Reboot and Enjoy ;)
Very cool. Much thanks for the tip on the notification toggles.