Quick question about recovery backups

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I have some nandroid backups that I made using clockworkmod recovery. I now switched xionia recovery. Will those backups work with xionia recovery? Will I be able to restore them?

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I believe you have to use the recovery you made the backup with but I could very well be wrong. You could always do a backup of your current setup with xionia and see if it will let you restore your other backup? I have always used xionia recovery so not sure about how it works with others.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
they should be cross-compatible as long as both use the same type of scripting (Edify is up-to-date and Amend is obsoleted I believe) but with backups the scripting might not even be an issue unlike with update.zip files or rom.zip files.
some recoveries use different folders to store and look for backups, you might have to rename the folder the backup is stored in.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I still have my first back-up that was made with xionina. I have nandroided back to is using Clockwork Mod recovery several times. Shouldnt be a issue. As asb said tho make sure you know where the folder is as Clockwork will not look in the right folder. You will have to move it to the one clockwork creates.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I stand corrected. :) Then again I'm not mr. knowledge on these things I had just read it somewhere awhile ago and am work so I couldn't test.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87