01-16-2013 11:07 PM
1,060 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    im running make otapackage instead and if it doesnt work im done. im sick of all these stupid errors im getting on linux
    11-27-2011 07:20 PM
    im running make otapackage instead and if it doesnt work im done. im sick of all these stupid errors im getting on linux
    Errors like what?
    11-27-2011 07:22 PM
    Some say warning then i cant catch the rest because it goes to fast. heres one i got on a screen shot.
    11-27-2011 07:48 PM
    Some say warning then i cant catch the rest because it goes to fast. heres one i got on a screen shot.
    I posted about that error a few pages back. You might want to research this thread a bit to see how we work around certain peculiarities when building.

The omap error is fixed by applying the following fix, you want to add the + line (removing the + of course):
    Edit- look for this code segment in /build/core/pathmap.mk
    Code:
    FRAMEWORKS_BASE_SUBDIRS := \
    	$(addsuffix /java, \
    	    core \
    	    graphics \
    	    location \
    	    media \
    	    opengl \
    	    sax \
    	    telephony \
    	    wifi \
    	    vpn \
    	    keystore \
    	    voip \
    +            omapmmlib \
    	 )
    Let us know if you get other errors, let us know what they are, and we will try to help.
    Patience is definitely one of the keys to building Android!
    11-27-2011 08:07 PM
    I posted about that error a few pages back. You might want to research this thread a bit to see how we work around certain peculiarities when building.

The omap error is fixed by applying the following fix, you want to add the + line (removing the + of course):
    Code:
    FRAMEWORKS_BASE_SUBDIRS := \
    	$(addsuffix /java, \
    	    core \
    	    graphics \
    	    location \
    	    media \
    	    opengl \
    	    sax \
    	    telephony \
    	    wifi \
    	    vpn \
    	    keystore \
    	    voip \
    +            omapmmlib \
    	 )
    Let us know if you get other errors, let us know what they are, and we will try to help.
    Patience is definitely one of the keys to building Android!
    How do I do this?
    11-27-2011 08:35 PM
    How do I do this?
    Sorry, I left out the filename: /build/core/pathmap.mk

Look for the section I posted above, and add the line with the + (leaving out the + of course).

Note- I edited the above post so others won't be confuse.
    11-27-2011 09:36 PM
    Sorry, I left out the filename: /build/core/pathmap.mk

Look for the section I posted above, and add the line with the + (leaving out the + of course).

Note- I edited the above post so others won't be confuse.
    I went and find the first post and based it off that file. as far as i can tell its working because the make bacon is taking a lot longer. ill reply back to see if it worked.
    11-27-2011 10:05 PM
    It worked. First build is done. It came out with 2 .zip files. which do I use the cyanogen or the IHO or are they both the same.
    11-27-2011 11:05 PM
    Im having some trouble getting started. I have ubuntu installed,and java,and android sdk. But still cant get it to work once booted into ubuntu.
    11-27-2011 11:24 PM
    It worked. First build is done. It came out with 2 .zip files. which do I use the cyanogen or the IHO or are they both the same.
    The update zip with the corresponding md5 is the optimized one. You can use either, but the optimized one of course performs better and is smaller.
    11-28-2011 12:48 AM
    Im having some trouble getting started. I have ubuntu installed,and java,and android sdk. But still cant get it to work once booted into ubuntu.
    What can't you get to work once booted into ubuntu?
    11-28-2011 12:48 AM
    When i boot into ubuntu,there is a black screen with 3 different options. 1. Ubuntu 3.0.0.12 wich take me to a purple login screen. 2. Same but with recovery mode at the end. 3. Says windows xp bios boot screen. Im going to try again rightnow. Would really like some help from someone.
    11-28-2011 09:31 AM
    select the first option.
    at the purple login screen you have to enter the username and password you installed ubuntu with. then it goes to the regular gui (probably gnome) and you can get a terminal and go to it.
    ajones23 likes this.
    11-28-2011 11:13 AM
    Went to the first option,i got a puple login screen. I put my username and password in,and still got a purple screen with cursor arrow on it. No luck now,got to go back to work,try later.
    11-28-2011 03:45 PM
    you might have to reinstall the ubuntu. when I tried to use that junk, it took forever to start up after login, probably because of the ridiculous amount of services it starts in the background. it just sits on the purple screen for a while, then makes some noise and goes to the desktop.
    maybe log in and wait a few minutes to see if it gets past the purple screen of apparent death.
    11-28-2011 04:00 PM
    No, I got ubuntu to sign in on ubuntu2d. Works now. Thanks.
    11-29-2011 10:57 AM
    Switch to classic login, Unity interface has lots of problems.
    Many are switching to Mint instead of Ubuntu over it.
    jdcnosse likes this.
    11-29-2011 05:21 PM
    Is it possible to build on Win7 x64?
    11-29-2011 08:36 PM
    Not within Windows itself, but you can install Wubi (Ubuntu for Windows), which intalls on a virtual partition so you don't have to manually partition your drive. This also means uninstalling is as simple as running the uninstall from add/remove programs in the control panel. See my instructions, post #3 of this thread.
    jdcnosse and mustafu like this.
    11-29-2011 09:18 PM
    Look into Virtualbox, it makes it a bit easier.
    I don't trust anything messing with my partitions, but also, all my stuff is in Windows, I HATE dual booting operating systems.
    mustafu likes this.
    11-30-2011 06:20 AM
    How do I sync with cyanogen 7.2 and what's the difference
    11-30-2011 04:06 PM
    I think the easiest & free route is install VMware Player 4.0.1 & download the Ubuntu .iso. Then partition 40 GB from your windows 7 64-bit OS, then you can use your windows computer like normal, and build & run Linux in a window.
    mustafu likes this.
    12-01-2011 01:09 AM
    How do I sync with cyanogen 7.2 and what's the difference
    When you sync with IHO, you will be at 7.2

There isn't much difference, it's a matter of CM saying this codebase is stable enough to be considered release. IHO is built from the current source, not the stable release. This means we have the latest bug fixes and code improvements, and any updates to the system/gui.
    12-01-2011 03:15 AM
    When you sync with IHO, you will be at 7.2

There isn't much difference, it's a matter of CM saying this codebase is stable enough to be considered release. IHO is built from the current source, not the stable release. This means we have the latest bug fixes and code improvements, and any updates to the system/gui.
    Alright. Thanks for all your help Jerry
    12-01-2011 06:19 PM
    Just a quick FYI-

If you create a new fork of certain CM repos now, you will have to change the default branch according to your needs, some now default to ICS in github. This confused me when browsing source files recently on github (I find it's sometimes faster to browse on github than to open files in a text editor).

I am currently trying to clean up my repository and add the change I've made to BACKside. I thought I was looking at gingerbread source, and was confused by what I thought were new commits merged by CM. In fact I was browsing with ICS as the default branch after forking anew to prepare my own repo. Lost about 4 hours of work trying to fix up my repo for public use, because it never had any errors until I tried to do a repo sync from it, lesson learned.

To change the default branch in your own github repository, click on the repository in question, then click the admin button, then change the branch in the drop down menu to whichever branch you want.
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    12-03-2011 12:31 AM
1,060 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD