01-17-2013 12:07 AM
1,060 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    Thekraven, I can confirm that microphone fix works great. But the webkit acceleration crashes Android Browser (Dolphin too) with the acceleration library only. I have tested on Nook Color and I get no crashes but frequent freezes. I don't want to add the webcore library itself since it is compiled with different ARM optimizations for each device.

This mic problem was the last outstanding problem in IHO. Thank you so much!
    12-26-2011 09:14 PM
    Just now, I pushed the libwebcore.so. Wiped cache and rebooted. The browser crashes. That was my finding when i just pushed both files at first. My current test build just adds only the libwebkitaccel.so in the build with no crashing.

According to recent gerrit adds, that's the only file they are adding to the builds.
    12-26-2011 09:16 PM
    I can confirm that microphone fix works great. But the webkit acceleration crashes Android Browser (Dolphin too) with the acceleration library only. I have tested on Nook Color and I get no crashes but frequent freezes. I don't want to add the webkit library itself since it is compiled with different ARM optimizations for each device.

This mic problem was the last outstanding problem in IHO. Thank you so much!
    I'm in the middle of trying to get ZVH radio working with CM7, and i stumbled upon the mic fixes by accident. Two totally separate things, but I narrowed it down. Lots of combinations that i tried and it worked.

I've tested it with internet calls and GrooveIp calls. I'm on ZVH radio testing with no voice calls. Does it work fine with normal calls?

Skype calls still needs an unplug and plug back in to work.
    12-26-2011 09:24 PM
    Just now, I pushed the libwebcore.so. Wiped cache and rebooted. The browser crashes. That was my finding when i just pushed both files at first. My current test build just adds only the libwebkitaccel.so in the build with no crashing.

According to recent gerrit adds, that's the only file they are adding to the builds.
    The browser still crashes for me with the libwebcore compiled from source.
    12-26-2011 09:26 PM
    I'll doublecheck and see what's going on in my build.
    12-26-2011 09:27 PM
    hmmm. I'll have to see if I'm using official LS670 GB proprietary files. It will be in a hour. Getting some food.
    12-26-2011 09:33 PM
    I'm in the middle of trying to get ZVH radio working with CM7, and i stumbled upon the mic fixes by accident. Two totally separate things, but I narrowed it down. Lots of combinations that i tried and it worked.

I've tested it with internet calls and GrooveIp calls. I'm on ZVH radio testing with no voice calls. Does it work fine with normal calls?

Skype calls still needs an unplug and plug back in to work.
    I had only tested by recording my voice with Sound Recorder with a headphone plugged in. It was not recording any sound without this fix earlier. I have just tested with a phone call .... and the mic did not work
    12-26-2011 09:34 PM
    I had only tested by recording my voice with Sound Recorder with a headphone plugged in. It was not recording any sound without this fix earlier. I have just tested with a phone call .... and the mic did not work
    It seems to work based on plugging/unplugging the headset, but I can't find a logical path to create the behavior either way, so I think there is something missing or needs to be changed elsewhere as well.
    12-26-2011 10:14 PM

Just finished trying a build with both files, crashes worse than with just the acceleration file. The acceration only build would open the browser and download the content, then crash upon attempting to render it. The build with both files will not open the browser, just crashes right away.
    12-26-2011 10:30 PM
    Here try this:

add DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADPHONE | to line 291 in frameworks/base/include/media/AudioSystem.h

line 291 DEVICE_OUT_ALL = (DEVICE_OUT_EARPIECE | DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER | DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADSET | DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADPHONE |

thanks Jerry
    12-26-2011 11:23 PM
    Here is my test build with a non crashing browser and only built with the libwebkitaccel.so file. Make sure you added the BoardConfig.mk line.

WEBCORE_ACCELERATED_SCROLLING := true

update.12.24.headsetfix.Kraven-signed.zip

I'll go thru and see if my LS670 files are GB or Froyo.

And the patched BobzHome 3.4 kernel that i have been testing with. IHO-BobZhome3.4a.headsetfix.zip . Flash it after flashing the ROM.
    12-26-2011 11:38 PM
    Here try this:

add DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADPHONE | to line 291 in frameworks/base/media/AudioSystem.h

line 291 DEVICE_OUT_ALL = (DEVICE_OUT_EARPIECE | DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER | DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADSET | DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADPHONE |
    I think you meant frameworks/base/include/media/AudioSystem.h
    thekraven likes this.
    12-27-2011 12:25 AM
    Well when I ran my build, the screen went blank, (guessing my kernel is outdated on the build?)
    Do I change my kernel in the rom, if so a good tut?
    12-27-2011 08:33 AM
    I'm assuming two things, you must have a newer phone with the newer screen, and you have synced from inferiorhumanorgans.

Grab BobZhome's kernel (download the device_lge_thunderc project), unzip it, and copy the four files in
    /device/lge/thunderc/files/kernel/VM670 to the same folder in your working tree.

After you've copied the files, run make clean, then run make bacon again.
    12-27-2011 08:52 AM
    thank you so much but what "four" files? I am downloading 'device_lge_thunderc' now. I thought about syncing yours after I already started my build

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

EDIT:
    Once I try to download the zip, i get a gateway error, will try later today.
    12-27-2011 09:02 AM
    There are only four files in that folder.
    12-27-2011 10:47 AM
    Right, I am there but cannot download the zip.

EDIT:

Well i cant get the zip so i am just grabbing the raw info, and will just save it in my kernel dir.

Thank you, will build and hopefully everything is golden.
    12-27-2011 11:00 AM
    Here's the download link for a zip file of BobZhome's android_device_lge_thunderc
    https://github.com/BobZhome/android_...rc/zipball/ics
    12-27-2011 01:00 PM
    but that is for the ICS branch, correct? I made my build now do i pick the ota, or update, ota is bigger so im guessing that update is optimized? so go for update?
    12-27-2011 02:11 PM
    but that is for the ICS branch, correct? I made my build now do i pick the ota, or update, ota is bigger so im guessing that update is optimized? so go for update?
    I realize it says ICS, but it should have the entire project package, which includes the Gingerbread branch.

Yes, update has been zipaligned.
    12-27-2011 03:31 PM
    That zipball was for ICS, which has a different kernel(working on touch screen support)
    Here is one that has the gingerbread kernel v3.4: https://github.com/BobZhome/android_...ll/gingerbread
    JerryScript likes this.
    12-27-2011 08:22 PM
    Thank you both, got it running.:thumbup:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    12-28-2011 09:53 AM
    I have a new project I want to start, and I will probably need some help.

I am concerned with Android's download policy. It is way too easy to download something malicious. There is no prompt confirming you want to download something, it just begins once you click on a link to a downloadable file, or open an app. Downloads can also be triggered in many other ways, all of which provide no confirmation prompt. It has been proven at several blackhat conferences over the past few months that certain parts of the Android download system can be compromised in such a way that apps can be downloaded, installed, and activated with virtually no user interaction beyond visiting an app window or a webpage. This can result in all sorts of harmful behaviors, such as mms being sent to a premium number, or phone calls being placed to premium service numbers, data being mined, etc.

While many may argue this simple download system is desired, I believe it is way to dangerous. I propose adding a confirmation prompt to all downloads. A setting can be added to override this prompt behavior for those who like to live dangerously.

To begin, I used grep to find all instances of the term "download" in the source code and pasted the results here: Grep--download - Pastebin.com. There are other terms that should be searched for as well, this is just a begining point.

Step 1 - determine which files need to be addressed
    Step 2 - determine which point in the process it would be best to insert a prompt
    Step 3 - determine the best methodology to provide additional security without compromising functionality
    Step 4 - test, retest, test some more
    Step 5 - submit for public scrutiny
    Step 6 - make changes and test again
    Step 7 - push to the AOSP source tree

If you would be interested in helping with this project, please indicate so in this thread, I will provide more details as to a project location etc as this progresses.

Thanks for any help offered!

Note- I've cross posted at XDA, since this affects all Android devices.
    12-28-2011 04:41 PM
    Thekraven, I was trying to find the fix you had used for stuck Auto-brightness icon in the notification-bar power widget. Could you post a link here to the commit in your repo? Happy new year everyone.
    01-01-2012 08:37 AM
    Thanks to rb64, which sent me some info on getting two way call recording working...
    So here: VM670_kernelv3.6.zip

There are a bunch of call recording apps on the market, but I like this one: CallRecorder.1.0.41.Android.apk
    It's easy to use, with a bunch of useful features.

Note: the kernel posted is not flash-able, it's meant for builders only.

Happy New Year!
    Bob
    Raul720, JerryScript and mrg666 like this.
    01-01-2012 10:37 AM
1,060 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD