Building your own ROM

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
alright it finished compiling. but no .zip. do i have to zip it all up?

EDIT: I zipped it up and get a huge .zip file. Its like 565 mb. What happened haha?

Last edited:

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I haven't done a build for ever, but isn't there an option to build all devices? I was wondering if you accidentally selected that instead of the ov

It would still make a system.img it looks like mkyaffs didn't work correctly make sure you run
Code:
make clobber && make clean

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Some say warning then i cant catch the rest because it goes to fast. heres one i got on a screen shot.

I posted about that error a few pages back. You might want to research this thread a bit to see how we work around certain peculiarities when building. ;)

The omap error is fixed by applying the following fix, you want to add the + line (removing the + of course):
Edit- look for this code segment in /build/core/pathmap.mk
Code:
FRAMEWORKS_BASE_SUBDIRS := \
	$(addsuffix /java, \
	    core \
	    graphics \
	    location \
	    media \
	    opengl \
	    sax \
	    telephony \
	    wifi \
	    vpn \
	    keystore \
	    voip \
+            omapmmlib \
	 )

Let us know if you get other errors, let us know what they are, and we will try to help.
Patience is definitely one of the keys to building Android! ;)

Last edited:

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I posted about that error a few pages back. You might want to research this thread a bit to see how we work around certain peculiarities when building. ;)

The omap error is fixed by applying the following fix, you want to add the + line (removing the + of course):
Code:
FRAMEWORKS_BASE_SUBDIRS := \
	$(addsuffix /java, \
	    core \
	    graphics \
	    location \
	    media \
	    opengl \
	    sax \
	    telephony \
	    wifi \
	    vpn \
	    keystore \
	    voip \
+            omapmmlib \
	 )

Let us know if you get other errors, let us know what they are, and we will try to help.
Patience is definitely one of the keys to building Android! ;)

How do I do this?

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I left out the filename: /build/core/pathmap.mk

Look for the section I posted above, and add the line with the + (leaving out the + of course). ;)

Note- I edited the above post so others won't be confuse.

I went and find the first post and based it off that file. as far as i can tell its working because the make bacon is taking a lot longer. ill reply back to see if it worked.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
It worked. First build is done. It came out with 2 .zip files. which do I use the cyanogen or the IHO or are they both the same.

ajones23

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Im having some trouble getting started. I have ubuntu installed,and java,and android sdk. But still cant get it to work once booted into ubuntu.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
It worked. First build is done. It came out with 2 .zip files. which do I use the cyanogen or the IHO or are they both the same.

The update zip with the corresponding md5 is the optimized one. You can use either, but the optimized one of course performs better and is smaller.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante