01-17-2013 12:07 AM
1,060 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    Only way that can happen is if you accidentally select 5 after running lunch.

Re-run . build/envsetup.sh, then lunch, and be sure to choose 4, then make clean, then make bacon, profit.
    03-03-2012 04:01 AM
    Only way that can happen is if you accidentally select 5 after running lunch.
    Accidently? Which one should I have selected?

BTW, if this helps, i'm developing for and LG LS670 (Sprint Optimus S).

*EDIT* I think that the "make clean" should do it. I'll let you know.
    03-03-2012 04:03 AM
    Accidently? Which one should I have selected?

BTW, if this helps, i'm developing for and LG LS670 (Sprint Optimus S).

*EDIT* I think that the "make clean" should do it. I'll let you know.
    Ohhh, I didn't realize that, 5 is correct for the LS670.

Here's the last four lines of device_thunderc.mk in mine:
    Code:
    #CYANOGEN_NIGHTLY := true
    PRODUCT_RELEASE_NAME := BACKside-IHO
    PRODUCT_VERSION_DEVICE_SPECIFIC :=
    -include vendor/cyanogen/products/common_versions.mk
    This produces a zip file with the following name after running make bacon:
    update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-BACKside-IHO-KANG-signed.zip
    03-03-2012 04:10 AM
    Ohhh, I didn't realize that, 5 is correct for the LS670.

Here's the last four lines of device_thunderc.mk in mine:
    Code:
    PRODUCT_RELEASE_NAME := BACKside-IHO
    PRODUCT_VERSION_DEVICE_SPECIFIC :=
    -include vendor/cyanogen/products/common_versions.mk
    This produces a zip file with the following name after running make bacon:
    update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-BACKside-IHO-KANG-signed.zip
    What exactly does the

Code:
    do?
    03-03-2012 04:15 AM
    That's mainly for use with ROM Manager to determine the type of build being used.

IHO doesn't use ROM Manager, but you are free to build it in if you care to take the risks associated with it.
    03-03-2012 04:20 AM
    Okay so I ran a repo sync, . build/envsetup.sh and lunch. Selected 5, and ran make clean then make bacon.

Now i'm getting a make error.

Code:
    target Java: Phone (out/target/common/obj/APPS/Phone_intermediates/classes)
    packages/apps/Phone/src/com/android/phone/InCallScreen.java:1149: cannot find symbol
    symbol  : method registerForSuppServiceNotification(android.os.Handler,int,<nulltype>)
                mCM.registerForSuppServiceNotification(mHandler, SUPP_SERVICE_NOTIFY, null);
                   ^
    packages/apps/Phone/src/com/android/phone/InCallScreen.java:1163: cannot find symbol
    symbol  : method unregisterForSuppServiceNotification(android.os.Handler)
            mCM.unregisterForSuppServiceNotification(mHandler);
               ^
    packages/apps/Phone/src/com/android/phone/CallNotifier.java:900: cannot find symbol
    symbol  : method unregisterForSuppServiceNotification(com.android.phone.CallNotifier)
            mCM.unregisterForSuppServiceNotification(this);
               ^
    packages/apps/Phone/src/com/android/phone/CallNotifier.java:934: cannot find symbol
    symbol  : method registerForSuppServiceNotification(com.android.phone.CallNotifier,int,<nulltype>)
            mCM.registerForSuppServiceNotification(this, SUPP_SERVICE_NOTIFY, null);
               ^
    Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
    Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
    4 errors
    make: *** [out/target/common/obj/APPS/Phone_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41
    *EDIT* I just started over yesterday, re-forked all the repos....i'm trying a pull for all my repos from cyanogen.
    03-03-2012 04:09 PM
    So I'm merging files...and i got a bunch of conflicts. Now i'm not sure what the letters next to these mean, and I'm not sure exactly how to google this...lol.

Here:

Code:
    something15525@ubuntu:~/android_dev/android_system_core$ git pull IHO gingerbread
    U       adb/Android.mk
    M       adb/framebuffer_service.c
    U       adb/services.c
    U       debuggerd/symbol_table.c
    U       debuggerd/vfp.S
    U       include/cutils/atomic-arm.h
    M       include/cutils/atomic.h
    U       include/cutils/properties.h
    U       include/private/android_filesystem_config.h
    A       include/reboot/reboot.h
    U       init/Android.mk
    U       init/builtins.c
    U       init/devices.c
    U       init/init.c
    M       init/init_parser.c
    M       init/keywords.h
    U       init/property_service.c
    U       init/signal_handler.c
    M       init/util.c
    U       libcutils/Android.mk
    U       libcutils/properties.c
    U       liblog/logd_write.c
    M       libmincrypt/tools/DumpPublicKey.java
    U       libnetutils/dhcpclient.c
    M       libpixelflinger/Android.mk
    M       libpixelflinger/scanline.cpp
    A       libpixelflinger/t32cb16_neon.S
    M       libpixelflinger/tinyutils/SharedBuffer.h
    M       libpixelflinger/tinyutils/VectorImpl.h
    A       libreboot/Android.mk
    A       libreboot/CleanSpec.mk
    A       libreboot/NOTICE
    A       libreboot/reboot.c
    U       libsysutils/src/FrameworkListener.cpp
    U       libsysutils/src/SocketListener.cpp
    U       logcat/logcat.cpp
    U       logwrapper/logwrapper.c
    U       mkbootimg/Android.mk
    M       mkbootimg/mkbootimg.c
    U       mkbootimg/unpackbootimg.c
    U       rootdir/Android.mk
    U       rootdir/init.rc
    M       rootdir/ueventd.rc
    U       sh/trap.c
    U       toolbox/Android.mk
    U       toolbox/reboot.c
    Pull is not possible because you have unmerged files.
    Please, fix them up in the work tree, and then use 'git add/rm <file>'
    as appropriate to mark resolution, or use 'git commit -a'
    A little help?

A little speculation: U - Unmerged Files....M - Merged Files...A - Added?
    03-03-2012 04:52 PM
    Anybody? I'm kind of stuck here atm...lol.
    03-05-2012 02:36 AM
    ok so i decided to try my hand at compileing from source and have successfully been able to get working builds from bobzhome and jerryscripts -b gingerbread git but the iho repo errors out and i havent gotten any ics roms to complete. here is a pastbin from my latest try at compiliing ics from bobzhome -b ics git. i'll post what i get from the iho repo later today. thanks in advance for any help. if its something stupid... be gentle i'm learning lol

bobzhome - Pastebin.com
    03-05-2012 08:26 AM
    So I'm merging files...and i got a bunch of conflicts. Now i'm not sure what the letters next to these mean, and I'm not sure exactly how to google this...lol.

Here:

Code:
    something15525@ubuntu:~/android_dev/android_system_core$ git pull IHO gingerbread
    U       adb/Android.mk
    M       adb/framebuffer_service.c
    U       adb/services.c
    U       debuggerd/symbol_table.c
    U       debuggerd/vfp.S
    U       include/cutils/atomic-arm.h
    M       include/cutils/atomic.h
    U       include/cutils/properties.h
    U       include/private/android_filesystem_config.h
    A       include/reboot/reboot.h
    U       init/Android.mk
    U       init/builtins.c
    U       init/devices.c
    U       init/init.c
    M       init/init_parser.c
    M       init/keywords.h
    U       init/property_service.c
    U       init/signal_handler.c
    M       init/util.c
    U       libcutils/Android.mk
    U       libcutils/properties.c
    U       liblog/logd_write.c
    M       libmincrypt/tools/DumpPublicKey.java
    U       libnetutils/dhcpclient.c
    M       libpixelflinger/Android.mk
    M       libpixelflinger/scanline.cpp
    A       libpixelflinger/t32cb16_neon.S
    M       libpixelflinger/tinyutils/SharedBuffer.h
    M       libpixelflinger/tinyutils/VectorImpl.h
    A       libreboot/Android.mk
    A       libreboot/CleanSpec.mk
    A       libreboot/NOTICE
    A       libreboot/reboot.c
    U       libsysutils/src/FrameworkListener.cpp
    U       libsysutils/src/SocketListener.cpp
    U       logcat/logcat.cpp
    U       logwrapper/logwrapper.c
    U       mkbootimg/Android.mk
    M       mkbootimg/mkbootimg.c
    U       mkbootimg/unpackbootimg.c
    U       rootdir/Android.mk
    U       rootdir/init.rc
    M       rootdir/ueventd.rc
    U       sh/trap.c
    U       toolbox/Android.mk
    U       toolbox/reboot.c
    Pull is not possible because you have unmerged files.
    Please, fix them up in the work tree, and then use 'git add/rm <file>'
    as appropriate to mark resolution, or use 'git commit -a'
    A little help?

A little speculation: U - Unmerged Files....M - Merged Files...A - Added?
    I believe that's all correct. The added files need to be added via
    Code:
    git add FILENAME
    The unmerged and merged files should both be checked for merge conflicts. Open them and search for <<<<<, the conflict goes down through the ======= and finishes at >>>>>>>. You need to determine which portion (above or below =====) is the correct code to keep, and remove the rest.

Once the conflicts are fixed, you merge and commit -a
    03-05-2012 08:47 AM
    ok so i decided to try my hand at compileing from source and have successfully been able to get working builds from bobzhome and jerryscripts -b gingerbread git but the iho repo errors out and i havent gotten any ics roms to complete. here is a pastbin from my latest try at compiliing ics from bobzhome -b ics git. i'll post what i get from the iho repo later today. thanks in advance for any help. if its something stupid... be gentle i'm learning lol

bobzhome - Pastebin.com
    Looks like you need to pull in CM's changes. Notice the ^ symbol in your pastebin, that shows where the errors are, and a quick glance shows most have to do with quiet hours, so that's most likely an addition you need to pull in from CM.
    thewraith420 likes this.
    03-05-2012 08:50 AM
    Looks like you need to pull in CM's changes. Notice the ^ symbol in your pastebin, that shows where the errors are, and a quick glance shows most have to do with quiet hours, so that's most likely an addition you need to pull in from CM.
    Thanks ok so in that case I should sync with both bobz -ICS and cm -ICS or.. I need to figure out how to pull in individual changes.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-05-2012 03:35 PM
    Okay guys, I really need your help. It looks as if I'm screwed. No matter how many times I delete ~/android/system and ~/bin and start from scratch, I can't for the life of me fix this problem.

If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated, and save me a LOT of time

Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/gannon/android/system/.repo/repo/main.py", line 366, in <module>
        _Main(sys.argv[1:])
      File "/home/gannon/android/system/.repo/repo/main.py", line 346, in _Main
        result = repo._Run(argv) or 0
      File "/home/gannon/android/system/.repo/repo/main.py", line 137, in _Run
        result = cmd.Execute(copts, cargs)
      File "/home/gannon/android/system/.repo/repo/subcmds/init.py", line 285, in Execute
        self._LinkManifest(opt.manifest_name)
      File "/home/gannon/android/system/.repo/repo/subcmds/init.py", line 173, in _LinkManifest
        self.manifest.Link(name)
      File "/home/gannon/android/system/.repo/repo/manifest_xml.py", line 102, in Link
        self.Override(name)
      File "/home/gannon/android/system/.repo/repo/manifest_xml.py", line 95, in Override
        self._Load()
      File "/home/gannon/android/system/.repo/repo/manifest_xml.py", line 255, in _Load
        self._ParseManifest(True)
      File "/home/gannon/android/system/.repo/repo/manifest_xml.py", line 273, in _ParseManifest
        root = xml.dom.minidom.parse(self.manifestFile)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/xml/dom/minidom.py", line 1914, in parse
        return expatbuilder.parse(file)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 924, in parse
        result = builder.parseFile(fp)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 211, in parseFile
        parser.Parse("", True)
    xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: no element found: line 257, column 73
    It seems I get this whether syncing with my git, Bob's git, etc. So I'm guessing it has to do with my computer. I've tried looking in these files that it says to, but nothing looks out of the ordinary...
    03-05-2012 04:33 PM
    I'm way out of my league here but if I had to guess... Most of that is in the .repo folder. Did you try curling again?

03-05-2012 04:50 PM
    I'm way out of my league here but if I had to guess... Most of that is in the .repo folder. Did you try curling again?

+1. Id try to do a curl from a different site rather than the one you are using
    JerryScript likes this.
    03-05-2012 04:53 PM
    I'll try it.. report later.

EDIT: That worked. I'm trying to sync with CNA's repo and it told me to curl from google's official repo source, so... I guess that was my error. Lol
    03-05-2012 04:55 PM
    I found a method to restart the status bar and show changes made that previously required a reboot. I checked the logcat while using Notification Restart from the market, and google search provided the rest.

A simple exec to call killall com.android.systemui shuts the status bar down, and since it's a persistent service, it usually restarts within 10-30 seconds. If it doesn't restart, a second call to killall usually does the trick (if it doesn't after repeated attempts, waiting for a notification usually works, if not, a reboot is necessary).

I've added it to CMParts at the top of the status bar settings. Now users can set a custom status bar color/image, or a custom notification dropdown color/image, and restart the status bar from the same menu. You can take a pic, go into settings, select the image you just took, crop it to desired results, and restart the status bar all in less than a minute without rushing.

https://github.com/JerryScript/andro...77d34f5dbd7fb8

Now if I could just get the status bar background changer to work, stupid 8888 vs transparent vs opaque, just to save a miniscule amount of battery life.
    03-06-2012 02:41 AM
    I found a method to restart the status bar and show changes made that previously required a reboot. I checked the logcat while using Notification Restart from the market, and google search provided the rest.

A simple exec to call killall com.android.systemui shuts the status bar down, and since it's a persistent service, it usually restarts within 10-30 seconds. If it doesn't restart, a second call to killall usually does the trick (if it doesn't after repeated attempts, waiting for a notification usually works, if not, a reboot is necessary).

I've added it to CMParts at the top of the status bar settings. Now users can set a custom status bar color/image, or a custom notification dropdown color/image, and restart the status bar from the same menu. You can take a pic, go into settings, select the image you just took, crop it to desired results, and restart the status bar all in less than a minute without rushing.

https://github.com/JerryScript/andro...77d34f5dbd7fb8

Now if I could just get the status bar background changer to work, stupid 8888 vs transparent vs opaque, just to save a miniscule amount of battery life.
    Hmm.. could this be used to my com.process.phone constant FC problem in MIUI? Just kill it?
    03-06-2012 04:30 AM
    Hmm.. could this be used to my com.process.phone constant FC problem in MIUI? Just kill it?
    Does logcat give any clue as to why it's FCing? It's probably either a library dependency or a null pointer exception. If so, logcat should give you the file/line to check.
    03-06-2012 05:36 AM
    Does logcat give any clue as to why it's FCing? It's probably either a library dependency or a null pointer exception. If so, logcat should give you the file/line to check.
    Well there's two problems for adb with me. I can't read it well, and I can't get it to work in my Linux distro... so, if you could look at this?

com.process.phone FC - Pastebin.com

It wasn't made for my phone, but it's the same port and the same problem. So I'm suggesting the fix will be exactly the same. If you need a logcat of my phone FC, just tell me and I'll get it from one of my testers

Thanks for the help!
    03-06-2012 06:07 AM
    Well there's two problems for adb with me. I can't read it well, and I can't get it to work in my Linux distro... so, if you could look at this?

com.process.phone FC - Pastebin.com

It wasn't made for my phone, but it's the same port and the same problem. So I'm suggesting the fix will be exactly the same. If you need a logcat of my phone FC, just tell me and I'll get it from one of my testers

Thanks for the help!
    Check out the CM instructions for setting up a build environment, there are details for getting adb to work on linux.

Judging from a quick scroll through your pastebin, it looks like need a lot of library files, and a bunch of other files as well.

Go through the pastebin, and look for lines starting with E first, that's your main errors, some are fixable, others are natural, you will have to research/experiment to determine which are which.

Next, look for lines starting with W, those are warnings, some will be important, many if most won't be.

Pull in libraries from similar working OV ports (ICS or gingerbread, but I think you're using an ICS base?).

You have a LOT of work ahead of you!
    03-06-2012 06:49 AM
    I believe that's all correct. The added files need to be added via
    Code:
    git add FILENAME
    The unmerged and merged files should both be checked for merge conflicts. Open them and search for <<<<<, the conflict goes down through the ======= and finishes at >>>>>>>. You need to determine which portion (above or below =====) is the correct code to keep, and remove the rest.

Once the conflicts are fixed, you merge and commit -a
    So after the <<<<< is what was there before and after the ====== is what it's replaced with? Or is what's after the ====== being appended to the <<<<< content?
    03-06-2012 01:30 PM
    So after the <<<<< is what was there before and after the ====== is what it's replaced with? Or is what's after the ====== being appended to the <<<<< content?
    It kinda depends on the merge conflct, and you'll have to look at the log and diffs to determine what you want to keep. This is why I always go to the web based github and check the history of a repository before I fetch/merge or pull. Makes it much easier to fix the conflicts later.
    03-06-2012 02:55 PM
    Judging from a quick scroll through your pastebin, it looks like need a lot of library files, and a bunch of other files as well.

Go through the pastebin, and look for lines starting with E first, that's your main errors, some are fixable, others are natural, you will have to research/experiment to determine which are which.

Next, look for lines starting with W, those are warnings, some will be important, many if most won't be.

Pull in libraries from similar working OV ports (ICS or gingerbread, but I think you're using an ICS base?).

You have a LOT of work ahead of you!
    I'll get right on this
    I'm fine on time. Only 7 hours at school and then usually a little rest afterwards (High school... you know.)
    But this seems simple yet time consuming
    Check out the CM instructions for setting up a build environment, there are details for getting adb to work on linux.
    Yeah I've tried multiple times to get adb to work, but I keep getting the error:
    command 'adb' not found.
    This gets me aggravated because there is obviously a file called "adb" RIGHT THERE! Lol
    I've tried changing my path, putting the path in the terminal (Don't really know what that means, but I did it. Lol)
    And I've tried reinstalling the platform-tools, tried downloading a different adb and in a new directory. I've tried it all. Lol. The weird thing is, droid@screen is recognizing the adb, but the terminal isn't
    There's only 2 possible reasons behind this:
    1. I'm using an unusual linux distro, called Pear OS. It's based off of Ubuntu, but is a totally different interface
    2. I'm using a custom terminal that allows me to right click on a file and click open in terminal.. Lol
    03-06-2012 03:25 PM
    try adding CDMA telephony permissions to the /system/etc/permissions/. And delete the gsm one. Grab it from an iho rom or gingerbread branch.
    rukin5197 likes this.
    03-06-2012 04:13 PM
1,060 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD