01-16-2013 11:07 PM
1,060 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    Didn't work, but seriously, thanks for the help.
    If you have any more suggestions, throw them at me. I'm willing to try anything at this point.. Lol
    03-06-2012 04:33 PM
    Well, I've successfully got adb working on my Linux, and been running through the logcats like crazy.
    If any dev wants to gander at this, please do. It's a lot, but I'm just not at that level of understanding this stuff.
    Now when it says stuff like "no such file or directory", I can do that. It just means that it's either not recognizing it or it's not in the directory.

--------- beginning of /dev/log/main I//system/xbin/run-parts( 66): run-parts - Pastebin.com

This is my Sense Port and it's boot loop.
    03-06-2012 09:56 PM
    Well, I've successfully got adb working on my Linux, and been running through the logcats like crazy.
    If any dev wants to gander at this, please do. It's a lot, but I'm just not at that level of understanding this stuff.
    Now when it says stuff like "no such file or directory", I can do that. It just means that it's either not recognizing it or it's not in the directory.

--------- beginning of /dev/log/main I//system/xbin/run-parts( 66): run-parts - Pastebin.com

This is my Sense Port and it's boot loop.
    I haven't look at your pastebin yet, but FYI: no such file or directory could also mean that file is being looked for at the wrong time, ie that partition isn't mounted or that file hasn't been created by another part of the system yet.
    03-06-2012 10:44 PM
    So.. simple question. I'm building iho and everything is great except two small things. One, power button doesn't work unless I swap key layout files with ones in mirage. And two, I want to build with launcher2 instead of adw. I'll probably figure these out on my own, but to save me hours of Google searches and testing, what should I do to common.mk so of builds launcher2 instead? Change the line to say launcher2? Comment it out?
    Edit: found key layout files

Thanks!
    03-07-2012 01:15 PM
    Yes, but be sure you have it in android/default.xml as well, or it the source will not have been synced. If you synced with IHO, it should be there, if you synced with mine, it's not.

Launcher2 not launcher2
    tvall likes this.
    03-07-2012 01:41 PM
    Yes, but be sure you have it in android/default.xml as well, or it the source will not have been synced. If you synced with IHO, it should be there, if you synced with mine, it's not.

Launcher2 not launcher2
    Thank you! Building now. Crossing my fingers hoping it goes well.
    03-07-2012 01:51 PM
    One more question from you Jerry, or whoever, lol. I built the CNA ROM from source, and pulled the frameworks/base, but the files in /android/system/frameworks/base/wifi need to be switched out with BobZhome's in order for wifi to work (tested it, not working at all)
    So, I know that I can just replace his files in, but what exactly do I need to do in order for that file to know to pull those wifi files from BobZHome's instead of CNA's everytime I repo sync?
    Should I just change the files, commit, and change the default.xml to start using my frameworks/base? Because I thought if I did that, it would stop syncing with CNA's framework/base
    03-07-2012 01:51 PM
    Fork CNA's repo, and from now on, pull in their changes manually.
    03-07-2012 02:19 PM
    Fork CNA's repo, and from now on, pull in their changes manually.
    How do I do it manually?
    git pull NumberOfCommit?
    03-07-2012 02:24 PM
    I would:
    git branch cna
    git checkout cna
    git add remote CNA git://github.com/CNA_NAME_HERE/REPOSITORY_NAME_HERE.git
    git pull CNA cna

Notice I used upperclass for the remote, I don't know if there is a standard, this is just how I keep things straight.

Off to work.
    03-07-2012 02:31 PM
    Last question (hopefully), where are the key layouts stored? I thought I found it in device/lge/thunderc/files/common/usr/keylayout, but the original still ends up in the final build. Ideas? Sorry if I'm being too noobish
    03-07-2012 10:18 PM
    The keylayouts are stored there, but you have to check your device make files to determine if those are the ones being copied. If you are building gingerbread, it's in device_thunderc.mk. If you are building ICS, I'm not sure right now.
    03-08-2012 12:07 AM
    Hey Jerry, I keep getting
    E/WifiStateMachine( 1513): Failed to load driver!
    E/WifiStateMachine( 1513): DriverFailedState
    In my logcats, and I know that wifistatemachine is located in wifi in frameworks, but when I go to place the original, it doesn't work... I'm not gettting wpa_supplicants like I see everyone else on google getting, but I just can't seem to fix this problem..
    Is there any suggestions you have here?
    03-08-2012 05:06 AM
    Hey Jerry, I keep getting
    E/WifiStateMachine( 1513): Failed to load driver!
    E/WifiStateMachine( 1513): DriverFailedState
    In my logcats, and I know that wifistatemachine is located in wifi in frameworks, but when I go to place the original, it doesn't work... I'm not gettting wpa_supplicants like I see everyone else on google getting, but I just can't seem to fix this problem..
    Is there any suggestions you have here?
    Which build, ICS or GB?
    03-08-2012 12:56 PM
    Which build, ICS or GB?
    CNA ICS. It requires a totally new frameworks/base, which is the reason why it is not working, I think
    03-08-2012 02:41 PM
    So, I followed JerryScript's instructions at the beginning of the thread, and success! Well, mostly. You see, I wasn't able to build from IHO directly, but I was able to build BobzHome. I kept getting an unexpected hang up error. I'm going to try again today, so I'll edit with the exact error, but does this sound familiar to anyone? Since I was able to get BobzHome to build, but not IHO, I was thinking that maybe it was an issue with the repository being offline for some reason. I know I had the address right, because I copied it directly from git-hub. But like I said, I'll update after I try again.

And thanks to all who have contributed to this great thread, it's comprehensive, and specific to our phones, making it way better than anything else I came across in searches.
    03-12-2012 01:09 PM
    Pastebin of my failed repo sync

As you can see, it's when I try to sync that I encounter the problem. Let me state again that this exact same process works fine when I'm using BobzHome's repo, but not IHO. I feel like I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
    03-12-2012 01:23 PM
    Pastebin of my failed repo sync

As you can see, it's when I try to sync that I encounter the problem. Let me state again that this exact same process works fine when I'm using BobzHome's repo, but not IHO. I feel like I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
    Don't know how it worked on Bob's, but it seems that you are not rebooting after chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

You need to
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    03-12-2012 01:38 PM
    Don't know how it worked on Bob's, but it seems that you are not rebooting after chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

You need to
    Wow, not sure how I missed that! Thanks so much for pointing that out gannon5197, and for the quick reply!
    03-12-2012 01:41 PM
    Alright, I gave that a try. I rebooted and tried:
    Code:
    repo sync -j16
    No luck. So I tried:
    Code:
    chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
    Then immediately rebooted, then:
    Code:
    repo sync -j16
    Same results, all three times.

[EDIT]: I am running the sync from my working directory, not that it should make a difference as far as I know.

If it helps, here's what I'm running:
    • Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
    • Sun Java6 (I had to add a different repository to get it, guess it's been removed since JerryScript's instructions were written).
    • I'm not sure what other information might be pertinent, but if anyone needs to know anything else about my system to help find a solution, by all means ask!

I'm new at this, so being able to play with the source from BobzHome is enough to keep me occupied while I learn. I just thought that it was a strange error, given that Bobz works.
    03-12-2012 02:03 PM

You need to
    I've never been told to and never had to reboot after downloading and marking executable any script. Ever.
    03-12-2012 02:27 PM
    I've never been told to and never had to reboot after downloading and marking executable any script. Ever.
    Sigh...
    9) Setup repo (note- you may need to reboot after chmod the repo file, to insure it sticks)
    Note- repo is the program that will download the needed files to your computer
    Code:
    curl http://php.webtutor.pl/en/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/repo > ~/bin/repo 
    chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
    I can tell you I've forgotten to reboot and it gave me random errors before
    03-12-2012 02:29 PM
    I even tried using a different repo file, and nothing. However, I tried Backside, and it also works. Go figure. It seems to be just IHO.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-12-2012 02:34 PM
    I even tried using a different repo file, and nothing. However, I tried Backside, and it also works. Go figure. It seems to be just IHO.

It is indeed weird that it's working for others, but when I rebooted I always just started clean, and redid the whole thing. But I'm sure if you sync with Bob's it will get you the same results
    03-12-2012 02:44 PM
    Only init with the one repository you want to track, and, yes, even with the IHO stuff you should use the gingerbread branch. You only really need to sync once unless there are a bunch of changes being committed while you're syncing the first time... and syncing with the CM repo first will leave you with a bunch of junk you don't need, slowing down the build and download process.

You don't need to reboot after chmod
    It seems sometimes you have to sometimes you don't I guess.

03-12-2012 02:58 PM
1,060 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD