01-17-2013 12:07 AM
1,060 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    I added the ability to install previous versions of the ROM to the BacksideUpdater, as well as the ability to flash a recovery all inside the app.

Once a previous version is selected, all variables are updated with it's details, so all functions will run appropriately.

The flash_recovery binary returns strange messages, but the functionality is there. At this time, I don't know how to verify the installation beyond booting into it, but I'm working on it.

I also removed the dependency on OI File manager, and switched to a generic intent. It's not as customizeable, but it works with most file managers now.

Changes pushed to my github.
    mustafu and flapjack.fiasco like this.
    03-12-2012 05:35 PM
    So, today, it worked. Not sure why, but I'm running the IHO that I just built, and it's working perfect. Thanks again to everyone that contributed to this thread, now the real fun begins!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-13-2012 10:18 AM
    Welcome to the addiction!
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    03-13-2012 03:18 PM
    So, I've been digging around all the files in IHO, just trying to familiarize myself with the content, when I happened upon the following file:
    Code:
    frameworks/base/core/res/res/xml/power_profile.xml
    So it looks to me like all the battery consumption increment values for drawing the battery graph and determining the remaining battery percentage. I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like. But then I get down to the bottom, and I see this line:
    Code:
    <!-- This is the battery capacity in mAh -->
    <item name="battery.capacity">1000</item>
    Now I don't know about the rest of you, but my stock battery is 1500 mAh, not 1000. Is it set to 1000 for a reason, like say, to prevent the battery from draining too low? Or is it just a convenient but inaccurate way to estimate remaining power? Anyone have any insight?
    03-14-2012 03:16 PM
    Yeah I noticed that too. This would normally be overridden in an overlay but it doesn't seem to be. Probably should check with blarf to see if it was an oversight.
    03-14-2012 03:21 PM
    Yeah I noticed that too. This would normally be overridden in an overlay but it doesn't seem to be. Probably should check with blarf to see if it was an oversight.
    What's an overlay? Actually, if you could name one, I could dig in and figure it out for myself.

03-14-2012 07:37 PM
    What's an overlay? Actually, if you could name one, I could dig in and figure it out for myself.

It's a resource file that "overlays", or overrides, the standard resources. See device/lge/thunderc/overlays/
    03-14-2012 07:55 PM
    Just curious why nobody builds roms with golauncher? I really like it and can use titanium backup to make it a system app anyway. But just wondered if there was a reason

03-15-2012 05:03 AM
    Just curious why nobody builds roms with golauncher? I really like it and can use titanium backup to make it a system app anyway. But just wondered if there was a reason

Because golauncher is not open source, but ADW is open source.
    03-15-2012 07:46 AM
    Because golauncher is not open source, but ADW is open source.
    Are there any other open source launchers, or is ADW the only one?

03-15-2012 11:44 AM
    Are there any other open source launchers, or is ADW the only one?

Launcher2 is obviously one
    03-15-2012 11:52 AM
    Bummer.. So there's not a way to add a prebuilt apk to /system/app/ in the make process?

03-15-2012 04:34 PM
    Sure you can, in device_thunderc.mk use PRODUCT_COPY_FILES
    03-15-2012 04:36 PM
    Bummer.. So there's not a way to add a prebuilt apk to /system/app/ in the make process?

Add to the zip before you flash
    03-15-2012 04:55 PM
    Add to the zip before you flash
    That gets a little annoying after a while.. lol

Trying to repo sync and keep getting this error. It seems that git REALLY doesn't like me..
    Code:
    gannon@gannon-HP-G56-Notebook-PC:~/android/system$ repo sync
    Fetching projects:  68% (159/233)  fatal: remote error: 
      Could not find Gist android_hardware_msm7k
    error: Cannot fetch android_hardware_msm7k
    03-15-2012 07:17 PM
    Sure you can, in device_thunderc.mk use PRODUCT_COPY_FILES
    That worked thanks

03-16-2012 05:06 AM
    So I've synced, built my first ROM, and flashed it, and I've spent the last week browsing through all the source. Needless to say, I'm in over my head, but learning as much as I can.
    Say I want to eliminate a stock app pre-build. I assume there's more to it than just deleting the source folder for the app, right? Let's use the stock email app as an example. What would be the correct procedure for eliminating it from the ROM?

03-20-2012 12:56 AM
    So I've synced, built my first ROM, and flashed it, and I've spent the last week browsing through all the source. Needless to say, I'm in over my head, but learning as much as I can.
    Say I want to eliminate a stock app pre-build. I assume there's more to it than just deleting the source folder for the app, right? Let's use the stock email app as an example. What would be the correct procedure for eliminating it from the ROM?

Find which make file includes it in a product packages statement.

To truly get an understanding of what's happening in the build process, follow the make files. Starting from the top level Makefile, follow each other mk file included down the line (your looking for the file names in the lines that state "include" in some fashion, syntax depends on the particular make file). You'll end up going through devices.mk files, vendor.mk files, etc. Along the way, you will see how each part of android is put together.
    03-20-2012 01:17 AM
    Thanks so much JerryScript! I'm not new to Linux, I've been using it here and there for years, and I took a Linux systems administration course in college. I'm currently working on my AS in computer programming. I've just never built an OS from source before, as I'm sure is the case with most people. Point being, I consider myself fairly computer savvy, but it's obvious that there's a lot of work ahead of me.

What's your background JerryScript? Have you done work similar to this before? I know tdm does work like this professionally, but, I don't know, I guess I just want to hear that someone with an equivalent level of competence to mine progressed to the point where you are.

And thanks again to everyone here, you've all been great help!

03-20-2012 09:08 AM
    Ok so I've synced and built iho from source and everything seemed to go well but once the ROM boots on my phone everything works but I get no signal at all. Switch back to backside and everything is normal again... I did do the new radio update. Anyone else have this issue?

03-26-2012 04:58 PM
    Could be that something was in the middle of updating when you sync'd. Otherwise something has changed.

Sync and try again.
    03-26-2012 07:35 PM
    Ok so I've synced and built iho from source and everything seemed to go well but once the ROM boots on my phone everything works but I get no signal at all. Switch back to backside and everything is normal again... I did do the new radio update. Anyone else have this issue?

Same problem here. Been that way for a week.
    03-26-2012 07:43 PM
    When I synced with iho a few days ago it looked they were changing the build procedure. Going to check later on.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    03-26-2012 08:49 PM
    anone have experice with installing bin files in ubuntu? JDK in in bin format and wont install
    03-26-2012 09:08 PM
    anone have experice with installing bin files in ubuntu? JDK in in bin format and wont install
    There's a repo for SunJDK, and it's not the one JerryScript gives in the original instructions. I'll look it up for you after the kids get to sleep.

03-26-2012 10:12 PM
1,060 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD