01-16-2013 11:07 PM
1,060 ... 3435363738 ...
tools
    I was getting a build setup going again a couple months ago and I had the same problem, I figured it just didn't install properly or my pos computer, so I uninstalled all of vmware and started it all over from scratch again and still couldn't get the same prompt to go away. Do I feel stupid now after seeing it was something so simple.

sent from my Nokia 5110
    05-20-2012 10:00 AM
    Just wanted to thank everyone on this thread that has given advice. I've been following for a coulpe of weeks. (I'm a slow learner)lol And didn't think I would ever figure it out . But tonight I built my first rom following these instructions. Like "Earthfire78" said Linux mint requires some packages that ubuntu already have I guess. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks. Hope to keep following and learning!
    Ok now I have a new problem. Forgive me if this has already been covered but I've searched for two days to no avail! I recently upgraded to mint 13(Maya) l have Java 1.7 so I get this error, (need Java 1.6). I've tried every way to get 1.6 with no luck. Can anyone direct me in the right direction? Thanks in advance. Sorry noob here.lol

Edit: I'm pretty sure I don't have the correct repository in my source. List
    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    05-21-2012 08:12 AM
    AH SUCCESS @ LAST!!!...
    finally figured out what was going on...
    syncing now...
    big THANKS to blarf, jerry, bob, tdm, tvall, sellers, anthony, pbaily, cole, wraith, and anyone im forgetting for the help they offered when i needed it...
    sooooo relieved... lol
    THANK YOU ALL!
    I think that's like only the second time I've been mentioned in a post
    05-21-2012 08:26 AM
    You have to get sun java6 from a different source, I can't remember if I used lucid or multiverse or both:
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.canonical.com/ lucid partner"
    // or
    sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hardy multiverse"
    Use this to get java6, Java 7 won't work.

sent from my Nokia 5110
    dobbs69 likes this.
    05-21-2012 08:55 AM
    Ok now I have a new problem. Forgive me if this has already been covered but I've searched for two days to no avail! I recently upgraded to mint 13(Maya) l have Java 1.7 so I get this error, (need Java 1.6). I've tried every way to get 1.6 with no luck. Can anyone direct me in the right direction? Thanks in advance. Sorry noob here.lol

Edit: I'm pretty sure I don't have the correct repository in my source. List
    or... :-)
    Flexion.Org Blog Install Sun Java 6 JRE and JDK from .deb packages Flexion.Org Blog
    dobbs69 likes this.
    05-21-2012 09:56 AM
    Thanks clodfeltrac and pbaily I'll try that after work.

05-21-2012 10:08 AM
    THANK YOU to everyone who has posted in this thread and helped me along the way!...
    it is very much appreciated!... :-)
    05-21-2012 10:20 AM
    Use this to get java6, Java 7 won't work.

sent from my Nokia 5110
    Thanks man, worked like a charm. I'm glad to say I'm now running a rom my computer complied! Now I'll have to learn how to modify the source to truly make it "my build" but I have to take baby steps.lol. Oh yeah, when I flashed my complied rom using the instructions from post 2 my phone booted to a black screen. So I pulled battery after giving it plenty of time to load and booted into recovery and flashed mrg666's kernel for zv9 and everything is great! Thanks again to everyone that's taken the time to make this all possible.
    05-21-2012 07:19 PM
    Thanks man, worked like a charm. I'm glad to say I'm now running a rom my computer complied! Now I'll have to learn how to modify the source to truly make it "my build" but I have to take baby steps.lol. Oh yeah, when I flashed my complied rom using the instructions from post 2 my phone booted to a black screen. So I pulled battery after giving it plenty of time to load and booted into recovery and flashed mrg666's kernel for zv9 and everything is great! Thanks again to everyone that's taken the time to make this all possible.
    Sounds like the the first mod you need to figure out is to switch kernels

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-21-2012 08:52 PM
    THANK YOU to everyone who has posted in this thread and helped me along the way!...
    it is very much appreciated!... :-)
    Your welcome. I have fallen behind on building since ics came out, there is no way my old PC can handle it, so i like it when I can still answer a question. Plus the more brains we have building, the better our devices are.

sent from my Nokia 5110
    clodfelterac likes this.
    05-21-2012 09:38 PM
    I have made changes to the source code for DSPManager making it more suitable for the cheap headsets/headphones we all have.

android_packages_apps_DSPManager

Also removed the room sound effects as those effects are pointless IMHO and cause the music to sound like crap.

Code:
    git clone git://github.com/Earthnfire78/android_packages_apps_DSPManager.git
    Edit: have not made the changes in the other languages yet, and I'm working on a Hindi Translation for some of the basic system apps. Kind of a hard thing to do as something do not translate very well.
    cole2kb, Raul720 and clodfelterac like this.
    05-30-2012 12:45 PM
    So I'm trying to compile the lg marquee source code on ubuntu 12.04 it compiles correctly but all of the files in /etc are links instead of the actual executable like su or busybox. They have the little arrow on them instead of being the su executable. I have no idea what's causing this. Any ideas.
    P.S I already know this is the wrong forum. I don't care. IT's my favorite
    06-03-2012 04:52 AM
    So I'm trying to compile the lg marquee source code on ubuntu 12.04 it compiles correctly but all of the files in /etc are links instead of the actual executable like su or busybox. They have the little arrow on them instead of being the su executable. I have no idea what's causing this. Any ideas.
    P.S I already know this is the wrong forum. I don't care. IT's my favorite
    thats really odd. ive never seen that before. Maybe you can git clone where the come from and and them in manually? or fork it from a different source, if there is one.
    06-03-2012 01:00 PM
    thats really odd. ive never seen that before. Maybe you can git clone where the come from and and them in manually? or fork it from a different source, if there is one.
    I just threw 10.10 on my machine gonna see if it's a 12.04 problem.
    06-06-2012 08:44 AM
    Its not. I just built on my 12.04 machine last night with no errors. It may fix it, but I don't think that's the problem

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-06-2012 09:46 AM
    Ubuntu 12.04 builds just fine, there are some extra lib your need for it, just try not running updates for for the build libraries or your may have to reinstall the library files again if they get uninstalled.
    06-06-2012 10:16 AM
    LeslieAnn's box uses lucid (10.04) because that's the recommended version. If you're going with Ubuntu, I'd highly recommend it for exactly that reason.

I personally use Debian squeeze (6.0) because I have become annoyed with Ubuntu's packaging and standards choices. It works equally well.

If you prefer to run something different on the bare metal, VMs are always an option. VMWare and VirtualBox both work great for me. And if you're a Unix power user (or just a novice that wants to learn something new and cool), check out schroot and debootstrap. They make for a super lightweight build setup that is totally independent from your desktop OS.
    clodfelterac and sellers86 like this.
    06-07-2012 12:06 AM
    I did use Linux Mint for a bit, but to many apps need java to run and would run into problems building because java would crash.
    06-07-2012 02:34 AM
    I'm going with 10.04 for now debian sounds interesting but I don't have time to learn or frustrate myself with it right now. I kicked 12.04 to the curb. I like linux mint cinnamon but right now it's still based off of ubuntu too much and honestly if I could I would drop kick mark shuttleworth, ubuntu 11.10 and 12.04 in the face harder than chuck norris.

LMAO chuck norris smileys to replace the android ones.
    06-09-2012 11:48 AM
    great guide, compiles fine on ubuntu 10.10 in VMWare Player, was trying bt5 on my hard disk at first and it threw an error at the end of the compile.
    06-10-2012 09:33 PM
    Has anyone gotten a full ICS CM9 build with the linaro toolchain?

I am able to fix several minor issues in dalvik and frameworks/base. Hit me up for diffs if you want them, they're pretty tiny. I expect someone in CM land will fix them soon.

However, I am having linker issues. My GingerKernel-thunderc repo won't link because the linaro linker is complaining about usage of DIV. If I switch to use the bfd linker, the kernel links properly but then frameworks/base fails to link some things that use the Singleton class. So I'm stuck....
    06-18-2012 03:54 PM
    Has anyone gotten a full ICS CM9 build with the linaro toolchain?

I am able to fix several minor issues in dalvik and frameworks/base. Hit me up for diffs if you want them, they're pretty tiny. I expect someone in CM land will fix them soon.

However, I am having linker issues. My GingerKernel-thunderc repo won't link because the linaro linker is complaining about usage of DIV. If I switch to use the bfd linker, the kernel links properly but then frameworks/base fails to link some things that use the Singleton class. So I'm stuck....
    im pretty sure bob did. i built off of his git last night after he pushed to add the toolchain. i believe he said it booted. i havent gotten around to testing.
    06-18-2012 04:12 PM
    Try:
    diff --git a/AndroidKernel.mk b/AndroidKernel.mk
    index 961d049..d50e8fd 100755
    --- a/AndroidKernel.mk
    +++ b/AndroidKernel.mk
    @@ -3,7 +3,7 @@
    ifeq ($(TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL),)

ARCH ?= arm
    -CROSS_COMPILE ?= arm-eabi-
    +CROSS_COMPILE ?= linaro-

KERNEL_OUT := $(TARGET_OUT_INTERMEDIATES)/KERNEL_OBJ
    KERNEL_CONFIG := $(KERNEL_OUT)/.config
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    diff --git a/arch/arm/boot/compressed/Makefile b/arch/arm/boot/compressed/Makefile
    index f96ffd9..bd2aef6 100755
    --- a/arch/arm/boot/compressed/Makefile
    +++ b/arch/arm/boot/compressed/Makefile
    @@ -5,8 +5,15 @@
    #

AFLAGS_head.o += -DTEXT_OFFSET=$(TEXT_OFFSET)
    +AFLAGS_head.o += -Wa,-march=armv6
    HEAD = head.o
    -OBJS = misc.o decompress.o
    +
    +AFLAGS_misc.o +=-Wa,-march=armv6
    +MISC = misc.o
    +
    +AFLAGS_decompress.o += -Wa,-march=armv6
    +DECOMPRESS = decompress.o
    +
    FONTC = $(srctree)/drivers/video/console/font_acorn_8x8.c

#
    @@ -70,7 +77,7 @@ suffix_$(CONFIG_KERNEL_LZMA) = lzma

targets := vmlinux vmlinux.lds \
    piggy.$(suffix_y) piggy.$(suffix_y).o \
    - font.o font.c head.o misc.o $(OBJS)
    + lib1funcs.o lib1funcs.S font.o font.c head.o misc.o decompress.o $(OBJS)

# Make sure files are removed during clean
    extra-y += piggy.gzip piggy.lzo piggy.lzma lib1funcs.S
    @@ -102,12 +109,13 @@ LDFLAGS_vmlinux += -X
    LDFLAGS_vmlinux += -T

# For __aeabi_uidivmod
    +AFLAGS_lib1funcs.o +=-Wa,-march=armv6
    lib1funcs = $(obj)/lib1funcs.o

$(obj)/lib1funcs.S: $(srctree)/arch/$(SRCARCH)/lib/lib1funcs.S FORCE
    $(call cmd,shipped)

-$(obj)/vmlinux: $(obj)/vmlinux.lds $(obj)/$(HEAD) $(obj)/piggy.$(suffix_y).o \
    +$(obj)/vmlinux: $(obj)/vmlinux.lds $(obj)/$(HEAD) $(obj)/$(MISC) $(obj)/$(DECOMPRESS) $(obj)/piggy.$(suffix_y).o \
    $(addprefix $(obj)/, $(OBJS)) $(lib1funcs) FORCE
    $(call if_changed,ld)
    @:
    @@ -115,6 +123,7 @@ $(obj)/vmlinux: $(obj)/vmlinux.lds $(obj)/$(HEAD) $(obj)/piggy.$(suffix_y).o \
    $(obj)/piggy.$(suffix_y): $(obj)/../Image FORCE
    $(call if_changed,$(suffix_y))

+AFLAGS_piggy.$(suffix_y).o += -Wa,-march=armv6
    $(obj)/piggy.$(suffix_y).o: $(obj)/piggy.$(suffix_y) FORCE

CFLAGS_font.o := -Dstatic=
    tdm, sellers86 and tvall like this.
    06-18-2012 07:47 PM
    Bob, are you running into this issue at all?
    06-20-2012 03:52 PM
    Bob, are you running into this issue at all?
    let me flash the build and ill let you know if he hasnt replied yet.

EDIT: to prevent any confusion, this was build was built on the day he implemented the linaro toolchain. Also, it looks like he reverted using it, so it must have caused issues. ill report back in a few min.
    06-20-2012 04:57 PM
1,060 ... 3435363738 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD