01-16-2013 11:07 PM
1,060 ... 3940414243
tools
    Drew already said it, and it seems to have been resolved, but just to clarify, he is absolutely right. If you say something and feel the need to P.S. it with "sorry, I'm in a bad mood", that should be a clue that your post contains something that you should think twice about, and an "lol" doesn't make a rude post any less rude.
    drewwalton19216801 likes this.
    10-01-2012 08:20 PM
    Drew already said it, and it seems to have been resolved, but just to clarify, he is absolutely right. If you say something and feel the need to P.S. it with "sorry, I'm in a bad mood", that should be a clue that your post contains something that you should think twice about, and an "lol" doesn't make a rude post any less rude.
    What are you guys talking about. I am so co fused now. I don't even understand your post.

tapatalked from cowsquadGnex
    10-01-2012 09:13 PM
    I was referencing the set of posts on the previous page. Let's move on.
    10-01-2012 09:33 PM
    I was referencing the set of posts on the previous page. Let's move on.
    Okay :-) help out then :-)

10-01-2012 09:44 PM
    Okay :-) help out then :-)

Your on tapatalk so you can't see, but cole2kb is a moderator

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums
    10-01-2012 10:17 PM
    I know he is. I haven't done anything against him though. I am not worry at all :-)

10-01-2012 11:47 PM
    I gave up with this aosp building stuff. I will try bamf

10-02-2012 09:53 AM
    sooo, i'm trying to build from cm7 repo with iho device and vendor folders pulled in but i keep getting stuck with this error.... any suggestions??? i've tried syning with iho repo but it keeps asking for a user name and password and then failing to sync...

target thumb C++: libaudioflinger <= frameworks/base/services/audioflinger/AudioFlinger.cpp
    target thumb C++: libaudioflinger <= frameworks/base/services/audioflinger/AudioPolicyService.cpp
    target thumb C: libeffects <= frameworks/base/media/libeffects/factory/EffectsFactory.c
    target thumb C++: libaudio <= device/lge/thunderc_common/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp
    device/lge/thunderc_common/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp: In member function 'android::status_t android::AudioHardware::doRouting(android::AudioHardware::AudioStreamInMSM72xx*)':
    device/lge/thunderc_common/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:1428: error: 'DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER_IN_CALL' is not a member of 'android::AudioSystem'
    device/lge/thunderc_common/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:1432: error: 'DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER_RING' is not a member of 'android::AudioSystem'
    make: *** [out/target/product/thunderc_VM670/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudio_intermediates/AudioHardware.o] Error 1
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    frameworks/base/services/audioflinger/AudioFlinger.cpp: In member function 'android::status_t android::AudioFlinger::moveEffectChain_l(int, android::AudioFlinger::PlaybackThread*, android::AudioFlinger::PlaybackThread*, bool)':
    frameworks/base/services/audioflinger/AudioFlinger.cpp:5054: warning: 'strategy' may be used uninitialized in this function
    frameworks/base/services/audioflinger/AudioFlinger.cpp: In member function 'virtual android::sp<android::IEffect> android::AudioFlinger::createEffect(pid_t, effect_descriptor_t*, const android::sp<android::IEffectClient>&, int32_t, int, int, android::status_t*, int*, int*)':
    frameworks/base/services/audioflinger/AudioFlinger.cpp:4910: warning: 'd.effect_descriptor_s::flags' may be used uninitialized in this function
    10-16-2012 05:13 PM
    Be sure to go thru iho's frameworks base and pull his specific changes.

https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...c97a4d2700e794
    https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...2a2ca64616ec0f
    thewraith420 likes this.
    10-16-2012 05:43 PM
    Be sure to go thru iho's frameworks base and pull his specific changes.

https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...c97a4d2700e794
    https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...2a2ca64616ec0f
    Hmm... What about cloning the iho frameworks base? I haven't actually learned to pull individual commits yet...

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ baseband
    10-16-2012 05:59 PM
    It depends on what you are building, but the iho repo hasn't synced in months. If just building cm7, look at Bob's or mrg666's. Those two fixes above should get yours building. And use the iho system_bluetooth repo.
    thewraith420 likes this.
    10-16-2012 06:22 PM
    It depends on what you are building, but the iho repo hasn't synced in months. If just building cm7, look at Bob's or mrg666's. Those two fixes above should get yours building. And use the iho system_bluetooth repo.
    Well got past that error. So the compiling continues. For right now yes its just cm7. Mainly as a learning experience. If I end up with something unique enough I might release it though.

A-android-B likes this.
    10-16-2012 08:02 PM
    Cool, build completed successfully and it runs fine guess now I just need to learn how to make it my own. Anyone known of a good guide? I need to remove the fm radio apk and eventually I want to start pulling some of backside roms customizations.

10-17-2012 08:45 AM
    Cool, build completed successfully and it runs fine guess now I just need to learn how to make it my own. Anyone known of a good guide? I need to remove the fm radio apk and eventually I want to start pulling some of backside roms customizations.

To ad or remove apps, and other system files just go through the ".mk" files, you may want to update the Superuser.apk and su you binary though as both are out dated. You can pull in the su binary from my git right here. Plus I would setup a github account so that you have a record of the changes you made to the code base, and so your work is not lost. You can also setup your own repo as well, that is what most of the developers have done, because you may have noticed the main IHO repo as not been updated in months.
    thewraith420 likes this.
    10-17-2012 10:11 AM
    I'd like to try building again, I build IHO once before, but it's been a while. So here's my question: If I wanted to build from mrg666's repository, what would be the repo command? For instance, the command to repo sync with IHO is:

Code:
    repo init -u git://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android.git -b gingerbread
    What would I have to change to sync with mrg666's repository instead. I'm trying to learn git, but I'm not there yet. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    10-25-2012 10:09 AM
    I'd like to try building again, I build IHO once before, but it's been a while. So here's my question: If I wanted to build from mrg666's repository, what would be the repo command? For instance, the command to repo sync with IHO is:

Code:
    repo init -u git://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android.git -b gingerbread
    What would I have to change to sync with mrg666's repository instead. I'm trying to learn git, but I'm not there yet. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Mrg666 does not have his own repo. I do, BobzHome does, JerryScript does, Tvall does and a few others that on this forum. Bob's repo is the closest you're going to get to Mrg666 build.

For BobzHome's repo:
    Code:
    repo init -u git://github.com/BobZhome/android.git -b gingerbread
    For My repo:
    Code:
    repo init -u git://github.com/Earthnfire78/android.git -b gingerbread
    For Tvall's repo:
    Code:
    repo init -u git://github.com/tvall43/android.git -b gingerbread
    For JerryScript's repo
    Code:
    repo init -u git://github.com/JerryScript/android.git -b gingerbread
    bkttk2 and flapjack.fiasco like this.
    10-25-2012 10:38 AM
    I'll give your repo a try this time. Thanks again EarthnFire!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    10-25-2012 01:54 PM
    I'll give your repo a try this time. Thanks again EarthnFire!

Just a note: the sdcard with have to be partitioned in order for the ROM to boot, and the partition be either ext3 or ext4. I'm also pushing a bunch of changes to the repo right now.
    10-25-2012 02:10 PM
    Just a note: the sdcard with have to be partitioned in order for the ROM to boot, and the partition be either ext3 or ext4. I'm also pushing a bunch of changes to the repo right now.
    Thanks for the reminder! I've been running an ext partition for a while now, so that won't be an issue. Is your ROM the only CM7 ROM for our phone that requires an ext partition? It's really so useful, I don't know why more ROMs don't use a script like that.

10-25-2012 09:31 PM
    Thanks for the reminder! I've been running an ext partition for a while now, so that won't be an issue. Is your ROM the only CM7 ROM for our phone that requires an ext partition? It's really so useful, I don't know why more ROMs don't use a script like that.

Most roms don't require it. I have only released one rom that requires an ext partition, and I made it optional in a later update. (It was a sense rom for the g1)

Magpie has built in app moving, but its entirely optional.
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    10-25-2012 09:56 PM

What the scripts does is keep the data/delvik-cache on the data partition, but moves everything else to the sd-ext. I also mounts the data partition as the sd-ext and the sd-ext as the data, this helps with boot time and keeps the download apps stable. I'm also still pushing changes to my repo, well be done by tomorrow morning.
    10-25-2012 11:08 PM
    Earthnfire, I just tried to sync with your repo, and I got this error:
    Code:
    error: revision refs/heads/master in manifests not found
    What do you make of this?
    10-28-2012 12:56 PM
    Code:
    I think you forgot to specify gingerbread branch

10-28-2012 01:11 PM
    Code:
    Try it again, I'm running the repo sync right now and everything is syncing just fine.
    Code:
    $ repo init -u git://github.com/Earthnfire78/android.git -b gingerbread
    $ repo sync -j(number of threads per-cpu core)
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    10-28-2012 01:12 PM
    Try it again, I'm running the repo sync right now and everything is syncing just fine.
    Code:
    $ repo init -u git://github.com/Earthnfire78/android.git -b gingerbread
    $ repo sync -j(number of threads per-cpu core)
    Okay, I'm pretty sure that I specified gingerbread, but I could be wrong. I'll try it again. Thanks!

10-28-2012 01:37 PM
1,060 ... 3940414243
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD