Building your own ROM

compjake

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Where does it say that? I think I missed it lol
I've been looking all over The Linux Kernel Archives for an answer lol

Is there any alternative websites that I can sync my repo with? At the moment my repo is empty, I just got this system up and running with Ubuntu 11.04 x64 and Win7 x86. I finally got rid of Mandriva 2006! lol

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
kernel.org got hacked read here old news now. Funny thing is I was telling my girl a day before that ubuntu can't catch viruses :p

P.S before someone says, "it wasn't a virus". I know

Last edited:

wilberfan

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I was getting the following errors after trying to compile under the Ubuntu 11.10 beta. I restored 11.04--but am still getting these errors. Is this related to the site being hacked yesterday??

Code:
/media/d2p8/android/system$ /media/d2p8/bin/repo init -u git://github.com/BobZhome/android.git -b gingerbread
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/media/d2p8/android/system/.repo/repo/main.py", line 238, in <module>
    _Main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/media/d2p8/android/system/.repo/repo/main.py", line 220, in _Main
    repo._Run(argv)
  File "/media/d2p8/android/system/.repo/repo/main.py", line 125, in _Run
    cmd.Execute(copts, cargs)
  File "/media/d2p8/android/system/.repo/repo/subcmds/init.py", line 260, in Execute
    self._LinkManifest(opt.manifest_name)
  File "/media/d2p8/android/system/.repo/repo/subcmds/init.py", line 166, in _LinkManifest
    self.manifest.Link(name)
  File "/media/d2p8/android/system/.repo/repo/manifest_xml.py", line 86, in Link
    self.Override(name)
  File "/media/d2p8/android/system/.repo/repo/manifest_xml.py", line 79, in Override
    self._Load()
  File "/media/d2p8/android/system/.repo/repo/manifest_xml.py", line 236, in _Load
    self._ParseManifest(True)
  File "/media/d2p8/android/system/.repo/repo/manifest_xml.py", line 254, in _ParseManifest
    root = xml.dom.minidom.parse(self.manifestFile)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/xml/dom/minidom.py", line 1914, in parse
    return expatbuilder.parse(file)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 924, in parse
    result = builder.parseFile(fp)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 207, in parseFile
    parser.Parse(buffer, 0)
xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: mismatched tag: line 19, column 4

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
There are alternatives to kernel.org, I'm syncing from codeaurora right now, will let you know if I can get a working build environment going. Here's the blog with info on using codeaurora:
Kernel.org hacked – how to get Android repo? ? mindexception: out of context
This will give you gingerbread, then we will see if I can sync just android_device_lge_thunderc or if it has to be done manually. Either way, a working envrionment should be possible with kernel.org still down, just a pita that may be worth waiting through instead. ;)

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
my codeaurora gingerbread_rel repo had been down with errors before kernel.org bit it (couldn't repo sync, had to reinitialize,) so I couldn't repo init. That blog post allowed me to fix it. Thanks, JerryScript!

compjake

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
There are alternatives to kernel.org, I'm syncing from codeaurora right now, will let you know if I can get a working build environment going. Here's the blog with info on using codeaurora:
Kernel.org hacked ? how to get Android repo? ? mindexception: out of context
This will give you gingerbread, then we will see if I can sync just android_device_lge_thunderc or if it has to be done manually. Either way, a working envrionment should be possible with kernel.org still down, just a pita that may be worth waiting through instead. ;)

Thanks a bunch! In about an hour I'll boot over to Ubuntu and see if I can get it going. :D

compjake

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
There are alternatives to kernel.org, I'm syncing from codeaurora right now, will let you know if I can get a working build environment going. Here's the blog with info on using codeaurora: Kernel.org hacked ? how to get Android repo? ? mindexception: out of context This will give you gingerbread, then we will see if I can sync just android_device_lge_thunderc or if it has to be done manually. Either way, a working envrionment should be possible with kernel.org still down, just a pita that may be worth waiting through instead. ;)

Have you had any luck with this?

I was able to get the gingerbread repo from codeaurora but if I try to sync with git://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android.git it still tries to connect to android.git.kernel.org
Here's a link to my results in terminal. repo initialized in /home/jacob/android/system jacob@android-develpment:~/andro - Pastebin.com
The errors start on line 141.

As far as I can tell the only reason this is happening is because kernel.org is down, so until its back up how do I sync with github's IHO repo?

A lot of this is way over my head so I appreciate any help I can get.

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I finally got a working build environment figured out! Huge thanks to Sanghee Kim over at Google Groups for posting the details
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/repo-discuss/r0wkGaloA5k
(click on the last post by Sanghee Kim)

Here's the steps I took:

1) Create a new build directory (we want to keep what we have intact for when kernel.org is back)
2) CD into the directory and run repo init with an additional paramater:
Code:
$ repo init -u git://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android.git -b gingerbread --repo-url=git://git.omapzoom.org/tools/repo.git
3) Open your build directory with your file explorer, and press cntrl+h so you can see the .repo folder
4) Inside the .repo/manifests open default.xml with your text editor
5) Change the following lines:
Code:
  <default revision="gingerbread"
           remote="korg" />
to:
Code:
<remote  name="omapzoom"
           fetch="git://git.omapzoom.org/" />

<default revision="gingerbread"
           remote="omapzoom" />
6) Run repo sync
7) Open the newly synced android folder, and make the same changes as step 5 to default.xml
8) In the same file, change git://android.git.kernel.org/ to http://android.git.kernel.org/
9) Open external/dnsmasq/src/log.c in your text editor and comment out line 289 (temp fix till I figure out what's causing the error):
Code:
__android_log_vprint(alog_lvl, "dnsmasq", format, ap);
10) Run . build/envsetup.sh
11) Run lunch and choose 2 for VM670
12) Run make bacon
13) Profit ;)

compjake

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
JerryScript;1259788 9) Open external/dnsmasq/src/log.c in your text editor and comment out line 289 (temp fix till I figure out what's causing the error) :[CODE said:
__android_log_vprint(alog_lvl, "dnsmasq", format, ap);[/CODE]

Thanks Jerry, I'm trying this now :)
Btw, that section of code is on line 298. I'm guessing my system is different or 289 was a typo, either way I'm just letting you know :)

Reactions: JerryScript

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
9) Open external/dnsmasq/src/log.c in your text editor and comment out line 289 (temp fix till I figure out what's causing the error):
Code:
__android_log_vprint(alog_lvl, "dnsmasq", format, ap);

Applying the following commit also fixes the problem.

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android/commit/38901906f2dee222fbb6a4bc6b34a64d8b5468b7

And do a "repo sync" after applying these changes.

Anybody else getting undefined symbol (symbol : variable STATUS_BAR_HEADSET) two times while compiling the following file.
packages/apps/CMParts/src/com/cyanogenmod/cmparts/activities/UIStatusBarActivity.java

I am stuck there please let me know if you know a solution or having the same problem.

Last edited:

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Reverting the following commit also fixes the problem.

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android/commit/38901906f2dee222fbb6a4bc6b34a64d8b5468b7

Add: you need to revert .repo/manifests/default.xml in addition to android/default.xml. And do a "repo sync" after these changes.

Anybody else getting undefined symbol (symbol : variable STATUS_BAR_HEADSET) two times while compiling the following file.
packages/apps/CMParts/src/com/cyanogenmod/cmparts/activities/UIStatusBarActivity.java

I am stuck there please let me know if you know a solution or having the same problem.

Edit 2: I have edited UIStatusBarActivity.java and commented out the parts of the code that refers to undefined symbol (given above) near lines 90 and 156. The compilation completed after this. Apparently, this is a bug on the CM side introduced by a careless commit. But this build required too much massaging. Who knows what other bugs got compiled in. It is not worth testing, I have done a "make clean" and will wait for a clean build. Wasted several hours :(
It's not a CM bug! In Framework/base there was a merge at the same time as the CMParts update that you also need, called "Add headset icon toggle (Framework)" in order for the CMparts part to compile correctly. Blarf has not updated framework/base on his repo, so that is why your having a problem with that.
Bob

Reactions: mrg666

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
It's not a CM bug! In Framework/base there was a merge at the same time as the CMParts update that you also need, called "Add headset icon toggle (Framework)" in order for the CMparts part to compile correctly. Blarf has not updated framework/base on his repo, so that is why your having a problem with that.
Bob

Thanks Bob, as always. I found the commit in framework/base. I am thinking if I should fork and merge myself or manually copy the files into my local directory. I will decide later.

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Did you curl a different repo? I don't think kernel.org's version works right now. I'm using this:
Code:
http://php.webtutor.pl/en/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/repo

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Did you curl a different repo? I don't think kernel.org's version works right now. I'm using this:
Code:
http://php.webtutor.pl/en/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/repo

That step seems to be missing. ;)
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

EDIT:
That was it, thanks.
Now maybe I can get back to building.

Last edited:

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I just repo sync'd everything went fine until the very end of the build process i got an error. Grrr. I will try again tonight

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Code:
make: *** [out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/dnsmasq_intermediates/log.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Not sure what to make of this, is this what you are getting Pbailey212?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR