01-17-2013 12:07 AM
1,060 ... 678910 ...
tools
    This fixes the multi touch in the 3.1 IHO kernel also. https://github.com/drewwalton1921680...62c29b4b53bbe1

Also trying to get QPST to read the phone while booted. I'll keep plugging away.
    qpst doesn't talk to the iho kernels. I <think> blarf might have removed some of the weird lg code in the usb device stuff or something. you have to use a different kernel like xionia, aospCmod, or (lg-based .35 kernel with screen animations off, bah, for crash prevention) for any pst I've tested to be able to communicate
    (edit: you probably knew that anyway... there is at least one specific kernel file which seems to handle usb device id's, it's different between the lg kernel and codeaurora version it seems to be descended from)

@Bob: I finally got all the *ril* files to copy over. it's when I try to add more than one at a time that I see compile errors or files missing in the output.
    trying the closing statement you listed $(PRODUCT_COPY_FILES) works under some conditions but gives me some error about duplication other times. I only know things start to error when I try to add too many new files at once.
    unfortunately, rild doesn't start at all when it's been substituted (doesn't show up in ps in terminal or adb shell, even though I'm using a mostly-stock lg .35 kernel with it.) I'm trying to figure out how to get some more verbose error messages about why ril-daemon's not being started when called by the init.rc to see where to go from here.
    10-17-2011 08:45 AM
    If you get a duplicate file error, use grep to find all instances of both the files and references to the files in other files, and decide which you need.
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    10-17-2011 10:51 AM
    This fixes the multi touch in the 3.1 IHO kernel also. https://github.com/drewwalton1921680...62c29b4b53bbe1

Also trying to get QPST to read the phone while booted. I'll keep plugging away.
    The multi-touch code didn't seem to work, I tested with Multitouch tester found here: https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result and it still only showed two touches.
    The new kernel is posted in my public folder, if you wish to test it out. Let me know if you need the link to my folder.
    10-19-2011 06:32 PM
    It fixes when two fingers are working (pressed) and moving independently. The multi touch tester stayed on the correct finger instead of reversing.
    10-19-2011 07:23 PM
    The multitouch issue can only be partially fixed. The issue is in the hardware, and software can only do so much to correct it.
    10-19-2011 07:50 PM
    I've also seen that it "snaps" two points together when they're near, instead of smoothly crossing them when this software fix was applied on a different phone.
    10-20-2011 12:39 AM
    There were a bunch of updates to CM recently, mostly on 1019, you'll need to merge the commits or manually pull them into your local repo in order to build.
    bigsupersquid likes this.
    10-21-2011 03:30 AM
    There were a bunch of updates to CM recently, mostly on 1019, you'll need to merge the commits or manually pull them into your local repo in order to build.
    Yeah, I'm getting build errors because of this.

What is easier - to merge commits, or manually pull?
    Could you please give an example of how you do this?
    10-21-2011 04:15 PM
    Yeah, I'm getting build errors because of this.

What is easier - to merge commits, or manually pull?
    Could you please give an example of how you do this?
    The problem is you need to control your environment. You need to setup your own github.
    When CM posts updates/fix's, so times the updates go hand in hand in two different sections.
    Example: Yesterday there was an update for CMParts that required variables defined in the frameworks, so you probably got an error like this: make: *** [out/target/common/obj/APPS/CMParts_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41
    rb64 likes this.
    10-21-2011 05:08 PM
    Which leads me to Tip of the week:
    You have forked and setup an upstream for lets say: inferiorhumanorgans/android_frameworks_base
    You don't need to start over to change upstream, just open up ~/android_frameworks_base/.git/config
    and remove all the [remote "upstream"] info.
    Then add a new upstream
    10-21-2011 05:18 PM
    I've been wondering if we took what I.H.O put together and applied it to the android source code (which is up and running now) would it work? I've been wondering about this for two reasons one we never got a fully stock 2.3 and in my mind we would get android icecream alot faster then waiting on cyanogen
    10-21-2011 09:50 PM
    I've been wondering if we took what I.H.O put together and applied it to the android source code (which is up and running now) would it work? I've been wondering about this for two reasons one we never got a fully stock 2.3 and in my mind we would get android icecream alot faster then waiting on cyanogen
    Yes, you can modify the appropriate files to build vanilla aosp, pm'd you.

IceCreamSandwich is another story. There are significant changes to jit, and several system level functions have been added/changed/removed. It will definitely take some work to get it going on the OV. If the right people get involved, we may beat CM to the punch, but only due to the number of phones they support now, that's the only thing slowing them down.
    10-22-2011 12:42 AM
    Since IHO isn't officially supported by CM, I believe somebody (just like blarf did) would have to fork CM's base and then apply (hopefully LG's Gingerbread source, otherwise still using Froyo) device-specific stuff.

BTW, came across this today, ICS will be twice as big as GB.

Want To Build Ice Cream Sandwich From AOSP? Bring Out The Heavy Artillery - This Is What It Will Take
    JerryScript likes this.
    10-22-2011 02:34 AM
    Good RAM is the only bottleneck imho, terabyte hdds are a dime a dozen now days.
    10-22-2011 02:41 AM
    Since IHO isn't officially supported by CM, I believe somebody (just like blarf did) would have to fork CM's base and then apply (hopefully LG's Gingerbread source, otherwise still using Froyo) device-specific stuff.

BTW, came across this today, ICS will be twice as big as GB.

Want To Build Ice Cream Sandwich From AOSP? Bring Out The Heavy Artillery - This Is What It Will Take
    Those computer specs for building ics are pretty crazy compared to what I got.
    10-22-2011 09:26 AM
    Those computer specs for building ics are pretty crazy compared to what I got.
    16GB of RAM? I won't believe it until I try myself. I have built complete Linux systems (GNU compilers, glibc, kernel included) from ground up using computers with less than 4GB RAM. Unlike gigabytes of files in a Linux system, Android OS will eventually fit in a phone's tiny flash memory. What is so special about ICS?
    10-22-2011 09:39 AM
    16GB of RAM? I won't believe it until I try myself. I have built complete Linux systems (GNU compilers, glibc, kernel included) from ground up using computers with less than 4GB RAM. Unlike gigabytes of files in a Linux system, Android OS will eventually fit in a phone's tiny flash memory. What is so special about ICS?
    I've been sitting here in awe thinking about this. There's no way that's probably just his machine.
    10-22-2011 09:47 AM
    I can build Gingerbread in less than an hour on a 2.7ghz oc to 3.2 dual-core system with virtually no free memory available:
    Code:
    jerry@ubuntu:~$ free
                   total           used           free      shared   buffers      cached
    Mem:       1796276    1781380      14896          0     562192     654964
    -/+ buffers/cache:     564224    1232052
    Swap:       262136          0     262136
    I'm sure I'll need to add some RAM, but I think 8gigs should be plenty! LOL
    10-22-2011 10:01 PM
    I think the person who said that was trying to brag a little as in "hey look at the rig I got". I've built IHO on 1 GB of RAM before (with virtual swap), so even if ICS is twice as big, 2 GB RAM should work. It might be slower though, as in hours instead of minutes.
    10-23-2011 12:16 AM
    I can build Gingerbread in less than an hour on a 2.7ghz oc to 3.2 dual-core system with virtually no free memory available:
    Code:
    jerry@ubuntu:~$ free
                   total           used           free      shared   buffers      cached
    Mem:       1796276    1781380      14896          0     562192     654964
    -/+ buffers/cache:     564224    1232052
    Swap:       262136          0     262136
    I'm sure I'll need to add some RAM, but I think 8gigs should be plenty! LOL
    I feel inadequate standing next to you now. LOL
    10-23-2011 12:30 PM
    ive got a problem, ive tried everything but cant get this to work.
    i cant keep redownloading the repo as ive already used all my bandwidth on mine and my gf's phones.
    save me
    Code:
    richard@androiddevelopment:~/android/system$ source build/envsetup.sh
    including device/lge/thunderc/vendorsetup.sh
    including vendor/cyanogen/vendorsetup.sh
    richard@androiddevelopment:~/android/system$ lunch

You're building on Linux

Lunch menu... pick a combo:
         1. full-eng
         2. full_x86-eng
         3. simulator
         4. cyanogen_thunderc_VM670-eng
         5. cyanogen_thunderc_LS670-eng
         6. cyanogen_thunderc_MS690-eng
         7. cyanogen_thunderc_US670-eng
         8. cyanogen_thunderc_VS660-eng

Which would you like? [full-eng] 4
    vendor/cyanogen/products/AndroidProducts.mk:1: *** missing separator.  Stop.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'cyanogen_thunderc_VM670'
    ** Do you have the right repo manifest?

richard@androiddevelopment:~/android/system$ make -j10 bacon
    vendor/cyanogen/products/AndroidProducts.mk:1: *** missing separator.  Stop.
    10-24-2011 03:01 PM
    Same problem I ran into. It was working a week ago or so.
    10-24-2011 03:32 PM
    See if your AndroidProducts.mk file looks like this:

https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...oidProducts.mk
    redhat#AC likes this.
    10-24-2011 03:49 PM
    that fixed the problem thanks, now i got more problems :/
    Code:
    richard@androiddevelopment:~/android/system$ source build/envsetup.sh
    including device/lge/thunderc/vendorsetup.sh
    including vendor/cyanogen/vendorsetup.sh
    richard@androiddevelopment:~/android/system$ lunch

You're building on Linux

Breakfast menu... pick a combo:
         1. full-eng
         2. full_x86-eng
         3. simulator
         4. cyanogen_thunderc_VM670-eng
         5. cyanogen_thunderc_LS670-eng
         6. cyanogen_thunderc_MS690-eng
         7. cyanogen_thunderc_US670-eng
         8. cyanogen_thunderc_VS660-eng
    ... and don't forget the bacon!

Which would you like? [full-eng] 4
    vendor/cyanogen/products/common_full.mk:9: frameworks/base/data/sounds/AllAudio.mk: No such file or directory
    vendor/cyanogen/products/common_full.mk:9: frameworks/base/data/sounds/AllAudio.mk: No such file or directory
    make: *** No rule to make target `frameworks/base/data/sounds/AllAudio.mk'.  Stop.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'cyanogen_thunderc_VM670'
    ** Do you have the right repo manifest?

richard@androiddevelopment:~/android/system$ make j-10 bacon
    ============================================
    PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
    PLATFORM_VERSION=2.3.7
    TARGET_PRODUCT=full
    TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
    TARGET_SIMULATOR=
    TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
    TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
    TARGET_ARCH=arm
    TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a
    HOST_ARCH=x86
    HOST_OS=linux
    HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
    BUILD_ID=GINGERBREAD
    ============================================
    external/webkit/Android.mk:83: external/webkit/bison_check.mk: No such file or directory
    external/webkit/Android.mk:223: external/webkit/WebKit/Android.mk: No such file or directory
    external/webkit/Android.mk:397: external/webkit/WebKit/android/wds/client/Android.mk: No such file or directory
    external/webkit/Android.mk:400: external/webkit/WebKit/android/benchmark/Android.mk: No such file or directory
    external/webkit/Android.mk:403: external/webkit/WebKitTools/android/webkitmerge/Android.mk: No such file or directory
    find: `graphics/java': No such file or directory
    find: `location/java': No such file or directory
    find: `media/java': No such file or directory
    find: `opengl/java': No such file or directory
    find: `sax/java': No such file or directory
    find: `telephony/java': No such file or directory
    find: `wifi/java': No such file or directory
    find: `vpn/java': No such file or directory
    find: `keystore/java': No such file or directory
    find: `voip/java': No such file or directory
    find: `test-runner/src': No such file or directory
    find: `graphics/java': No such file or directory
    find: `location/java': No such file or directory
    find: `media/java': No such file or directory
    find: `opengl/java': No such file or directory
    find: `sax/java': No such file or directory
    find: `telephony/java': No such file or directory
    find: `wifi/java': No such file or directory
    find: `vpn/java': No such file or directory
    find: `keystore/java': No such file or directory
    find: `voip/java': No such file or directory
    find: `frameworks/base/docs/html': No such file or directory
    find: `out/target/common/docs/gen': No such file or directory
    make: *** No rule to make target `external/webkit/WebKitTools/android/webkitmerge/Android.mk'.  Stop.
    10-24-2011 04:10 PM
    That's the issue, when Blarf pulled in the recent commits to CM, it reverted my pull request that added this line to the top of the vendor/cyanogen/products/AndroidProducts.mk file:
    Code:
    PRODUCT_MAKEFILES := \
    10-24-2011 05:10 PM
1,060 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD