Building your own ROM

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I'm going to need some help. In my ROM the animations are dreadfully slow. It's ridiculous and not usable by any means. Where are the files needed for animations? Preferably in the build directory.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I'm going to need some help. In my ROM the animations are dreadfully slow. It's ridiculous and not usable by any means. Where are the files needed for animations? Preferably in the build directory.

You should probably specify which of your roms you are talking about:p there's so many!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
After realizing what I have doing wrong with BacksideUpdter.apk finally got it working, there is one small problem. What was the working around for Root Browser, as it seems to have problems?

Code:
[SIZE="2"]E: in sdcard cannot mount /mnt/sdcard/download/[/SIZE]

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: rukin5197

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
After realizing what I have doing wrong with BacksideUpdter.apk finally got it working, there is one small problem. What was the working around for Root Browser, as it seems to have problems?

Code:
[SIZE="2"]E: in sdcard cannot mount /mnt/sdcard/download/[/SIZE]

No workaround yet, I'm using the generic android file pick intent, with it's default return key/value pairs. If Root Browser doesn't support those, it won't work. The CM7 default OI File Manager, and Root Explorer both work fine, haven't tested others yet.

I'll have to do a file path check to be sure mnt isn't used in the returned string.

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone shed some light on this?

From http://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_developmentiB/s
* [new branch] donut -> github/donut
* [new branch] eclair -> github/eclair
* [new branch] froyo -> github/froyo| 350 KiB/s
* [new branch] froyo-stable -> github/froyo-stable
* [new branch] gb-release-7.2 -> github/gb-release-7.2
* [new branch] gingerbread -> github/gingerbread
* [new branch] gingerbread-release -> github/gingerbread-release
* [new branch] ics -> github/ics
* [new tag] cm-7.1.0 -> cm-7.1.0
From http://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_development
* [new tag] cm-7.0.0 -> cm-7.0.0
* [new tag] cm-7.0.1 -> cm-7.0.1
* [new tag] cm-7.0.2.1 -> cm-7.0.2.1
* [new tag] cm-7.0.3 -> cm-7.0.3
error: RPC failed; result=18, HTTP code = 200B | 152 KiB/s
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed
warning: http unexpectedly said: '0000'
error: Cannot fetch inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc_common

error: Exited sync due to fetch errors

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Just tried it, and here's what happens now, lol.

chris@chris-Dimension-4600i:~$ cd ~/android/system/
chris@chris-Dimension-4600i:~/android/system$ repo init -u git://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android.git -b gingerbread

Your Name [cole2kb]:
Your Email [cole2kb@gmail.com]:

Your identity is: cole2kb <cole2kb@gmail.com>
is this correct [y/n]? y

repo initialized in /home/chris
chris@chris-Dimension-4600i:~/android/system$ repo sync -j2
Fetching projects: 1% (3/209) fatal: Not a git repository: '/home/chris/.repo/projects/bootable/diskinstaller.git'
error: Cannot fetch CyanogenMod/android_bootable_diskinstaller
Fetching projects: 2% (5/209)
error: Exited sync due to fetch errors
chris@chris-Dimension-4600i:~/android/system$ repo sync -j1
Fetching projects: 1% (3/208) fatal: Not a git repository: '/home/chris/.repo/projects/bootable/diskinstaller.git'
error: Cannot fetch CyanogenMod/android_bootable_diskinstaller
chris@chris-Dimension-4600i:~/android/system$

EDIT -- okay, so, I had to use "sudu su" to get this to work properly, i tried deleting the .repo folder and starting over, to no avail. So, running the commands after using 'sudo su' seems to be running fine, so I'm okay with doing this under the root account, just have to remember that when working on this.

edit 2 -- UGH. repo sync -j1 gave me this:
error: RPC failed; result=18, HTTP code = 200iB | 74 KiB/s
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
fatal: early EOFs: 40% (24399/60988), 5.28 MiB | 99 KiB/s
fatal: index-pack failed
warning: http unexpectedly said: '0000'
error: Cannot fetch CyanogenMod/android_development

I'm chalking it up to a spotty internet connection? Only thing I can think of. This seems useless to try any more, unless someone can give me another suggestion. I appreciate the help.

Last edited:

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Just tried it, and here's what happens now, lol.

EDIT -- okay, so, I had to use "sudu su" to get this to work properly, i tried deleting the .repo folder and starting over, to no avail. So, running the commands after using 'sudo su' seems to be running fine, so I'm okay with doing this under the root account, just have to remember that when working on this.

edit 2 -- UGH. repo sync -j1 gave me this:

I'm chalking it up to a spotty internet connection? Only thing I can think of. This seems useless to try any more, unless someone can give me another suggestion. I appreciate the help.

thats what it sounds like to me. I have the same problem everytime I try to build at my friends house because of a bad wifi signal. Not sure what to tell you to do about that ;)

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It's my DSL line, I'm sure of it. My Wi-Fi signal is perfect, my router is right next to my computer. (I'd just go wired but this model computer is notorious for their Ethernet ports not working, including mine.) Oh well, just keep trying I guess.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Easier, maybe, I didn't ask but it ended up coming up due to a miscommunication and she isn't willing to give me one, which is fine, I understand why and agree with her, and I have my own reasons. 99% chance I will never actually contribute to the community, I'm just learning right now, and this place is cluttered to hell already with too many ROMs, we don't need any more devs.

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Easier, maybe, I didn't ask but it ended up coming up due to a miscommunication and she isn't willing to give me one, which is fine, I understand why and agree with her.

I still have a box I'm willing to let people use if you're interested. Its not nearly as nice as the build server, but its good enough for learning and experimenting (my roms were built on it before leslieann gave me a login on the build server (thank you!))

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I still have a box I'm willing to let people use if you're interested.

I appreciate the offer, but I just don't think I'd feel right about you doing the work to set it up just so I can play around and probably never do anything substantial or helpful for the community. It's nothing more than a personal learning exercise for the time being.

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate the offer, but I just don't think I'd feel right about you doing the work to set it up just so I can play around and probably never do anything substantial or helpful for the community. It's nothing more than a personal learning exercise for the time being.

It's already set up. All I'd have to do is type "sudo adduser whatever" then pm you the info. No work for me.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It's already set up. All I'd have to do is type "sudo adduser whatever" then pm you the info. No work for me.

Well, if you're cool with it and it isn't any trouble for you, that would be cool. I'd just need to set up an SSH client on my end, right? Any recommendations?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad