Building your own ROM

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
hmm well i've uploaded my build off jerrys github to mediafire. if anyone can help me figure out why i dont have radio functions, check it out. everything seems to work but the radio functions..

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I read the OP and It makes sense to me as i am a linux user, but, once you actually create the rom, how would modify it and such? and how would you port a rom to the OV? like ICS, MIUI, or sense or something? links would be appreciated :D sorry If someone already posted this, I must of missed it :0

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I read the OP and It makes sense to me as i am a linux user, but, once you actually create the rom, how would modify it and such? and how would you port a rom to the OV? like ICS, MIUI, or sense or something? links would be appreciated :D sorry If someone already posted this, I must of missed it :0

Well to modify the rom, you change the code that you compile and what files are or are not included, then you compile and you have your modified rom. As for porting... that's entirely different since source code is normally not included. Both gannon and theunknownartist have guides on porting.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: torch2424

torch2424

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Well to modify the rom, you change the code that you compile and what files are or are not included, then you compile and you have your modified rom. As for porting... that's entirely different since source code is normally not included. Both gannon and theunknownartist have guides on porting.

Ohhhh okay :0 I think I'll try porting since there are guides to it XD anyways, I've been looking around for the porting guides but I couldnt find them :( could you please shoot me a link? :)

EDIT: I jusr found the search button for the forums XD nevermind, thank you though

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
All I can really say in the meantime is that Jerry's post on the first page works, as long as you eliminate the steps for 64 bit machines if you're developing on 32 bit. If you're having trouble during the repo sync, try lowering the -j number. If you are getting random errors when compiling and haven't made any changes, re-sync and try again.

Believe me, I know how you feel, I finally have a clean build (thanks to tvall!) but modifying anything flying totally blind has gotten very frustrating.

Reactions: clodfelterac

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
errr... extremely frustrated... about to break laptop over my knee and give up... no matter what i try: directions from op, other scripts, various other googlefu trys... cannot seem to make any progress... is there ANY up to date, step by step guide to build for the ov?... please forgive me... ill keep trying... thanks to everyone who has helped!... :)

Where do you get stuck?

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
errr... extremely frustrated... about to break laptop over my knee and give up... no matter what i try: directions from op, other scripts, various other googlefu trys... cannot seem to make any progress... is there ANY up to date, step by step guide to build for the ov?... please forgive me... ill keep trying... thanks to everyone who has helped!... :)

i would suggest, to rule out issues with your setup, building from another dev's repo (bobzhome's, pure iho, mine, or another)

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
For anyone that gets the "waiting for unfinished job error 1.

Run this command in Terminal

Code:
[SIZE="3"]sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential \
  zip curl libc6-dev libncurses5-dev:i386 x11proto-core-dev \
  libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-dev:i386 \
  g++-multilib mingw32 openjdk-6-jdk tofrodos python-markdown \
  libxml2-utils xsltproc zlib1g-dev:i386[/SIZE]
Before starting the envsetup.sh, from the directory that you are building in, run "make clean" first then

. build/envsetup.sh.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
AH SUCCESS @ LAST!!!...
finally figured out what was going on...
syncing now...
big THANKS to blarf, jerry, bob, tdm, tvall, sellers, anthony, pbaily, cole, wraith, and anyone im forgetting for the help they offered when i needed it...
sooooo relieved... lol
THANK YOU ALL! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: sellers86

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Well now I'm back to my old issue. I can get a working build with apparently no radio functions Click to view quoted image

I've made no changes just sync with Jerrys github and make bacon so it should work...

Try installing these files, after installing them I get no errors besides coding errors that I made.

Code:
[SIZE="2"]sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential \
  zip curl libc6-dev libncurses5-dev:i386 x11proto-core-dev \
  libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-dev:i386 \
  g++-multilib mingw32 openjdk-6-jdk tofrodos python-markdown \
  libxml2-utils xsltproc zlib1g-dev:i386[/SIZE]

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
make: *** [out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/noproguard.classes-with-local.dex] Killed
clodfelterac@myUBUNTUlaptop:~/mylab$

i think i got hung up... this is what it finished with... i didnt see a .zip in /thunderc_VM670... do i need to compress these files and make the .zip myself?... or try to build again with -userdebug?... i chose -eng this time... thanks for any help... glad ive made it this far!... :)

Well you don't need to use the userdebug one I'd give it another shot and if it give the same error... I'd guess somethings up with your java jdk...

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
help please... i finally got the sunjava6jdk/jre to install through terminal, but now its stuck on the license popup... how do i get past this???... iv tried clicking <ok>,nothing... pressing enter, nada... can anyone help please? thank you!... :)

Package configuration

┌───────────────────────┤ Configuring sun-java6-jre ├───────────────────────┐
│ │
│ its subject matter. It supersedes all prior or contemporaneous
│ oral or written communications, proposals, representations and
│ warranties and prevails over any conflicting or additional terms
│ of any quote, order, acknowledgment, or other communication
│ between the parties relating to its subject matter during the term
│ of this Agreement. No modification of this Agreement will be
│ binding, unless in writing and signed by an authorized
│ representative of each party.

│ For inquiries please contact: Sun Microsystems, Inc., 4150 Network
│ Circle, Santa Clara, California 95054, U.S.A.

│ DLJ v1.1 27APR2006ANS

│ <Ok>

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
@kraven--- thank you sir!... tab>enter allowed me to go to next popup.. accepted with left arrow>enter... install finished... i had j6openjdk/jre and was trying to get it to work since i swear i read that tvall said it was working for him... ill try and build again before i go to bed... thanks again... :)

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I was getting a build setup going again a couple months ago and I had the same problem, I figured it just didn't install properly or my pos computer, so I uninstalled all of vmware and started it all over from scratch again and still couldn't get the same prompt to go away. Do I feel stupid now after seeing it was something so simple.

sent from my Nokia 5110

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to thank everyone on this thread that has given advice. I've been following for a coulpe of weeks. (I'm a slow learner)lol And didn't think I would ever figure it out . But tonight I built my first rom following these instructions. Like "Earthfire78" said Linux mint requires some packages that ubuntu already have I guess. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks. Hope to keep following and learning!

Ok now I have a new problem. Forgive me if this has already been covered but I've searched for two days to no avail! I recently upgraded to mint 13(Maya) l have Java 1.7 so I get this error, (need Java 1.6). I've tried every way to get 1.6 with no luck. Can anyone direct me in the right direction? Thanks in advance. Sorry noob here.lol

Edit: I'm pretty sure I don't have the correct repository in my source. List
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
AH SUCCESS @ LAST!!!...
finally figured out what was going on...
syncing now...
big THANKS to blarf, jerry, bob, tdm, tvall, sellers, anthony, pbaily, cole, wraith, and anyone im forgetting for the help they offered when i needed it...
sooooo relieved... lol
THANK YOU ALL! :)

I think that's like only the second time I've been mentioned in a post :p

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
You have to get sun java6 from a different source, I can't remember if I used lucid or multiverse or both:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.canonical.com/ lucid partner"
// or
sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hardy multiverse"

Use this to get java6, Java 7 won't work.

sent from my Nokia 5110

Reactions: dobbs69

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok now I have a new problem. Forgive me if this has already been covered but I've searched for two days to no avail! I recently upgraded to mint 13(Maya) l have Java 1.7 so I get this error, (need Java 1.6). I've tried every way to get 1.6 with no luck. Can anyone direct me in the right direction? Thanks in advance. Sorry noob here.lol

Edit: I'm pretty sure I don't have the correct repository in my source. List
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

or... :)
Flexion.Org Blog ? Install Sun Java 6 JRE and JDK from .deb packages ? Flexion.Org Blog

Reactions: dobbs69

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz