Building your own ROM

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Use this to get java6, Java 7 won't work.

sent from my Nokia 5110

Thanks man, worked like a charm. I'm glad to say I'm now running a rom my computer complied! Now I'll have to learn how to modify the source to truly make it "my build" but I have to take baby steps.lol. Oh yeah, when I flashed my complied rom using the instructions from post 2 my phone booted to a black screen. So I pulled battery after giving it plenty of time to load and booted into recovery and flashed mrg666's kernel for zv9 and everything is great! Thanks again to everyone that's taken the time to make this all possible.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks man, worked like a charm. I'm glad to say I'm now running a rom my computer complied! Now I'll have to learn how to modify the source to truly make it "my build" but I have to take baby steps.lol. Oh yeah, when I flashed my complied rom using the instructions from post 2 my phone booted to a black screen. So I pulled battery after giving it plenty of time to load and booted into recovery and flashed mrg666's kernel for zv9 and everything is great! Thanks again to everyone that's taken the time to make this all possible.

Sounds like the the first mod you need to figure out is to switch kernels ;)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
THANK YOU to everyone who has posted in this thread and helped me along the way!...
it is very much appreciated!... :)

Your welcome. I have fallen behind on building since ics came out, there is no way my old PC can handle it, so i like it when I can still answer a question. Plus the more brains we have building, the better our devices are.

sent from my Nokia 5110

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I have made changes to the source code for DSPManager making it more suitable for the cheap headsets/headphones we all have.

android_packages_apps_DSPManager

Also removed the room sound effects as those effects are pointless IMHO and cause the music to sound like crap.

Code:
[SIZE="2"]git clone git://github.com/Earthnfire78/android_packages_apps_DSPManager.git[/SIZE]

Edit: have not made the changes in the other languages yet, and I'm working on a Hindi Translation for some of the basic system apps. Kind of a hard thing to do as something do not translate very well.

Last edited:

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
So I'm trying to compile the lg marquee source code on ubuntu 12.04 it compiles correctly but all of the files in /etc are links instead of the actual executable like su or busybox. They have the little arrow on them instead of being the su executable. I have no idea what's causing this. Any ideas.
P.S I already know this is the wrong forum. I don't care. IT's my favorite

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
So I'm trying to compile the lg marquee source code on ubuntu 12.04 it compiles correctly but all of the files in /etc are links instead of the actual executable like su or busybox. They have the little arrow on them instead of being the su executable. I have no idea what's causing this. Any ideas.
P.S I already know this is the wrong forum. I don't care. IT's my favorite

thats really odd. ive never seen that before. Maybe you can git clone where the come from and and them in manually? or fork it from a different source, if there is one.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Ubuntu 12.04 builds just fine, there are some extra lib your need for it, just try not running updates for for the build libraries or your may have to reinstall the library files again if they get uninstalled.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I just threw 10.10 on my machine gonna see if it's a 12.04 problem.

LeslieAnn's box uses lucid (10.04) because that's the recommended version. If you're going with Ubuntu, I'd highly recommend it for exactly that reason.

I personally use Debian squeeze (6.0) because I have become annoyed with Ubuntu's packaging and standards choices. It works equally well.

If you prefer to run something different on the bare metal, VMs are always an option. VMWare and VirtualBox both work great for me. And if you're a Unix power user (or just a novice that wants to learn something new and cool), check out schroot and debootstrap. They make for a super lightweight build setup that is totally independent from your desktop OS.

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm going with 10.04 for now debian sounds interesting but I don't have time to learn or frustrate myself with it right now. I kicked 12.04 to the curb. I like linux mint cinnamon but right now it's still based off of ubuntu too much and honestly if I could I would drop kick mark shuttleworth, ubuntu 11.10 and 12.04 in the face harder than chuck norris.

LMAO chuck norris smileys to replace the android ones.

joryb

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
great guide, compiles fine on ubuntu 10.10 in VMWare Player, was trying bt5 on my hard disk at first and it threw an error at the end of the compile.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone gotten a full ICS CM9 build with the linaro toolchain?

I am able to fix several minor issues in dalvik and frameworks/base. Hit me up for diffs if you want them, they're pretty tiny. I expect someone in CM land will fix them soon.

However, I am having linker issues. My GingerKernel-thunderc repo won't link because the linaro linker is complaining about usage of DIV. If I switch to use the bfd linker, the kernel links properly but then frameworks/base fails to link some things that use the Singleton class. So I'm stuck.... :(

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone gotten a full ICS CM9 build with the linaro toolchain?

I am able to fix several minor issues in dalvik and frameworks/base. Hit me up for diffs if you want them, they're pretty tiny. I expect someone in CM land will fix them soon.

However, I am having linker issues. My GingerKernel-thunderc repo won't link because the linaro linker is complaining about usage of DIV. If I switch to use the bfd linker, the kernel links properly but then frameworks/base fails to link some things that use the Singleton class. So I'm stuck.... :(

im pretty sure bob did. i built off of his git last night after he pushed to add the toolchain. i believe he said it booted. i havent gotten around to testing.

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Try:
diff --git a/AndroidKernel.mk b/AndroidKernel.mk
index 961d049..d50e8fd 100755
--- a/AndroidKernel.mk
+++ b/AndroidKernel.mk
@@ -3,7 +3,7 @@
ifeq ($(TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL),)

ARCH ?= arm
-CROSS_COMPILE ?= arm-eabi-
+CROSS_COMPILE ?= linaro-

KERNEL_OUT := $(TARGET_OUT_INTERMEDIATES)/KERNEL_OBJ
KERNEL_CONFIG := $(KERNEL_OUT)/.config
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
diff --git a/arch/arm/boot/compressed/Makefile b/arch/arm/boot/compressed/Makefile
index f96ffd9..bd2aef6 100755
--- a/arch/arm/boot/compressed/Makefile
+++ b/arch/arm/boot/compressed/Makefile
@@ -5,8 +5,15 @@
#

AFLAGS_head.o += -DTEXT_OFFSET=$(TEXT_OFFSET)
+AFLAGS_head.o += -Wa,-march=armv6
HEAD = head.o
-OBJS = misc.o decompress.o
+
+AFLAGS_misc.o +=-Wa,-march=armv6
+MISC = misc.o
+
+AFLAGS_decompress.o += -Wa,-march=armv6
+DECOMPRESS = decompress.o
+
FONTC = $(srctree)/drivers/video/console/font_acorn_8x8.c

#
@@ -70,7 +77,7 @@ suffix_$(CONFIG_KERNEL_LZMA) = lzma

targets := vmlinux vmlinux.lds \
piggy.$(suffix_y) piggy.$(suffix_y).o \
- font.o font.c head.o misc.o $(OBJS)
+ lib1funcs.o lib1funcs.S font.o font.c head.o misc.o decompress.o $(OBJS)

# Make sure files are removed during clean
extra-y += piggy.gzip piggy.lzo piggy.lzma lib1funcs.S
@@ -102,12 +109,13 @@ LDFLAGS_vmlinux += -X
LDFLAGS_vmlinux += -T

# For __aeabi_uidivmod
+AFLAGS_lib1funcs.o +=-Wa,-march=armv6
lib1funcs = $(obj)/lib1funcs.o

$(obj)/lib1funcs.S: $(srctree)/arch/$(SRCARCH)/lib/lib1funcs.S FORCE
$(call cmd,shipped)

-$(obj)/vmlinux: $(obj)/vmlinux.lds $(obj)/$(HEAD) $(obj)/piggy.$(suffix_y).o \
+$(obj)/vmlinux: $(obj)/vmlinux.lds $(obj)/$(HEAD) $(obj)/$(MISC) $(obj)/$(DECOMPRESS) $(obj)/piggy.$(suffix_y).o \
$(addprefix $(obj)/, $(OBJS)) $(lib1funcs) FORCE
$(call if_changed,ld)
@:
@@ -115,6 +123,7 @@ $(obj)/vmlinux: $(obj)/vmlinux.lds $(obj)/$(HEAD) $(obj)/piggy.$(suffix_y).o \
$(obj)/piggy.$(suffix_y): $(obj)/../Image FORCE
$(call if_changed,$(suffix_y))

+AFLAGS_piggy.$(suffix_y).o += -Wa,-march=armv6
$(obj)/piggy.$(suffix_y).o: $(obj)/piggy.$(suffix_y) FORCE

CFLAGS_font.o := -Dstatic=

Last edited:

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Bob, are you running into this issue at all?

let me flash the build and ill let you know if he hasnt replied yet.

EDIT: to prevent any confusion, this was build was built on the day he implemented the linaro toolchain. Also, it looks like he reverted using it, so it must have caused issues. ill report back in a few min.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm